Bates to Michigan?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to Michigan?

Postby commavegarage on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

mods, if forum 9 is the 81 isolation chamber, please move this thread there.

thanks.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:16 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:mods, if forum 9 is the 81 isolation chamber, please move this thread there.

thanks.

no
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:mods, if forum 9 is the 81 isolation chamber, please move this thread there.

thanks.

no

You don't have that power anyway. You only have the power to screw up threads by quitting the board and deleting your posts.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:27 pm

article w quotes on it, granted there isn't much of anything...

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/spo ... /18852199/

Bates hopes to be at Boston College ‘a long time’

Ever since Brad Bates was sitting in Port Huron Northern’s classrooms in the ‘70s, he wanted to be an athletic director.

Thirty-seven years after his graduation, it’s safe to say Bates has done a good job at living out his dream.

Now in his second year as Boston College’s athletic director, Bates is one of the most established athletic department figures in the nation. Prior to joining the Eagles he spent 10 years as the athletic director at Miami University in Ohio.

With his professional resume combined with his background as a walk-on football player at the University of Michigan under Bo Schembechler, it’s inevitable many would speculate he could be a candidate for U-M’s open athletic director position.

With his name being tossed around like a football during the Wolverines 5-5 season, it could turn into a disruption on the job. For Bates, the speculation doesn’t seem to bother him one bit.

“It really doesn’t distract me at all,” Bates said “I love it here at Boston College, my values align with the institutional mission and we’ve really enjoyed living in New England, one of the greatest cities in the world. It hasn’t been a distraction at all.”

When asked if he knows if UM has been contacting candidates or has even contacted him, he elected not to directly comment.

“There’s no value of me commenting on other institutions and their processes,” Bates said. “I love it here at Boston College, my values align with this institution and I hope to be here a long time.”

Bates also said he has not been in steady communication with the higher-ups at UM since Lloyd Carr, his former position coach, has left. However, he still keeps close tabs on UM and every school he has been a part of throughout his career.

“Whenever you’re an alum you follow your institution and the programs you’re affiliated with,” Bates said. “You’re proud of the institution and value the education the students are receiving there.”

When Brad was five-years old his father, Jim, made the move from Port Huron High School to Northern 50 years ago when the school opened.

Growing up watching his dad’s relationship with students and athletes, Brad was hooked on what teaching and coaching has to offer. As a physical education teacher, football and basketball coach, Jim showed just what it meant to be a leader for student-athletes.

“Attending a school where my dad was such a prominent figure was one of the most enriching experiences of my life,” Bates said. “I had the opportunity to be inspired by him daily.”

Once his time playing football under his dad was up, he headed off to Ann Arbor with four memorable years at Northern behind him.

“Northern is really where I first acquired an intellectual curiosity, an understanding of leadership, the value of a curriculum and the significance of working in a team,” Bates said.

Once he was done playing defensive back for the Wolverines he continued his learning and earned a masters degree in education from U-M.

From there he added a doctorate in education at Vanderbilt – the same place he held various athletic department roles from 1985-2002 before going to Miami for a decade. While at Miami he saw 14 of 18 teams win at least one conference title during his tenure, but it’s what happened in the classroom that sticks out the most to Bates.

“(The best accomplishment) was always on graduation day,” Bates said. “You see these students you helped recruit when they were 17 or 18 years old, and then you see them graduated four years later and make a difference in the world.”

It’s been a good two years on Boston College’s playing fields as the football team has reached back-to-back bowl games. Bates said the success of the football team simply relies on the leadership qualities of the head coach.

“The leadership of the coach is the highest priority,” he said. “I’ll take a great leader in the head coaching position with mediocre resources over a mediocre coach with great resources any day. (Boston College head coach) Steve Addazio has done a tremendous job.”​
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy