Bates to Michigan?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to Michigan?

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:41 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}: He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.

Can't someone hack into the mayah's computer and get some compromising pictures? Where are the geeks/nerds when you need them?

Or couldn't 81 deliver him a bag full of cash?

There must be some way to get to this bureaucrat.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:19 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:After a short introduction from Bates, some whalepants raced to the microphone when Bates opened for Q&A and started rambling on about vetoing Uconn from the ACC and questioning why Rutgers wasn't invited after Cuse/Pitt joined the conference to re-create the old Big East. I figured it might have been HJS until the guy finished with a parting shot that questioned the firing of Steve Donahue.

this is fucking beautiful.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:20 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}: He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.

Can't someone hack into the mayah's computer and get some compromising pictures? Where are the geeks/nerds when you need them?

Or couldn't 81 deliver him a bag full of cash?

There must be some way to get to this bureaucrat.

How about the fact that he went to BC?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Free tickets or free coke/hot dogs are GDF's marketing genius. "Bo's men are coming home to right the ship" LMFAO! I guess that means at best another Rose Bowl loss! No NFL head coach is going to Michigan by their own choice. Les Miles might be looking for a retirement job after losing to Miss St. TOB is available, perfect for M. He will win 9 games every year and beat OSU 70% of the time.

The tough part about the Michigan job is having to live in Michigan.

Ann Arbor is a nice place. Don't think I could live here for more than the 2 years I am but I also don't have a family or need to worry about school systems or the like. Plus there are like 8 decent golf courses within a 15 minute drive from me. So that's an added bonus.

Have you played Pierce Lake? When I was there it was the only one I played other than the M course.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:41 pm

seriously... you have the mayors of both cities that the campus resides in as alumni. how can we not get better treatment from the locals?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:56 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:EO Nametag event in NYC tomorrow night with the Master himself. I will report back if the question is raised. :ace

This strikes me as an event where a diploma mill joke would elicit some sort of reaction. If you get the mic, I say go for it.

Standing room only at the Union League Club last night.
After a short introduction from Bates, some whalepants raced to the microphone when Bates opened for Q&A and started rambling on about vetoing Uconn from the ACC and questioning why Rutgers wasn't invited after Cuse/Pitt joined the conference to re-create the old Big East. I figured it might have been HJS until the guy finished with a parting shot that questioned the firing of Steve Donahue.

After a BC alumni relations individual had the whalepants removed from the microphone, there were a few more questions about the master plan and shea field tailgating situation. Bates denied the rumor that the master plan announcement was being delayed due to lack of fundraising. He then mentioned that the initial implementation of the wristband situation was handled poorly and there will be changes for the clemson game, but declined to specify any details. He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.

Whalepants also was very angry about ND getting special treatment from the ACC and asked why did Bates allow that. Bates responded that he is a Michigan grad who works for Boston College, he does not want ND to get any special treatment. To summarize this graduate of BC from the 1960s was much more concerned with the well being of UConn and RU, the preservation of the old Big East and also hates Notre Dame. Yes, he was that much of a stereotype! Also, it is totally up to Jerry York which is why BC does not or has not participated in the MSG game over Thanksgiving vs Cornell. Jerry for whatever his reasons does not want to play at MSG. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:EO Nametag event in NYC tomorrow night with the Master himself. I will report back if the question is raised. :ace

This strikes me as an event where a diploma mill joke would elicit some sort of reaction. If you get the mic, I say go for it.

Standing room only at the Union League Club last night.
After a short introduction from Bates, some whalepants raced to the microphone when Bates opened for Q&A and started rambling on about vetoing Uconn from the ACC and questioning why Rutgers wasn't invited after Cuse/Pitt joined the conference to re-create the old Big East. I figured it might have been HJS until the guy finished with a parting shot that questioned the firing of Steve Donahue.

After a BC alumni relations individual had the whalepants removed from the microphone, there were a few more questions about the master plan and shea field tailgating situation. Bates denied the rumor that the master plan announcement was being delayed due to lack of fundraising. He then mentioned that the initial implementation of the wristband situation was handled poorly and there will be changes for the clemson game, but declined to specify any details. He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.

Whalepants also was very angry about ND getting special treatment from the ACC and asked why did Bates allow that. Bates responded that he is a Michigan grad who works for Boston College, he does not want ND to get any special treatment. To summarize this graduate of BC from the 1960s was much more concerned with the well being of UConn and RU, the preservation of the old Big East and also hates Notre Dame. Yes, he was that much of a stereotype! Also, it is totally up to Jerry York which is why BC does not or has not participated in the MSG game over Thanksgiving vs Cornell. Jerry for whatever his reasons does not want to play at MSG. :ace

Sounds like whalepants is a big TOB fan.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm

so hoke down 30-7 in the 4th leaves in a qb who was so concussed he could barely walk Image
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:seriously... you have the mayors of both cities that the campus resides in as alumni. how can we not get better treatment from the locals?

Bates told me the permits are going to be brought up for discussion with the mayors office in the offseason...not sure if its a multi year permit deal or a every year thing.

as tre alludes to here, I get being restricted with that idiot mumbles in office, but if we cant get a better situation with walsh our negotiators aren't doing their job.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:08 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:seriously... you have the mayors of both cities that the campus resides in as alumni. how can we not get better treatment from the locals?

Bates told me the permits are going to be brought up for discussion with the mayors office in the offseason...not sure if its a multi year permit deal or a every year thing.

as tre alludes to here, I get being restricted with that idiot mumbles in office, but if we cant get a better situation with walsh our negotiators aren't doing their job.

Considering Walsh wants bars to stay open until 3 or 4 in the morning, I agree. He supports partying.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I think much like everything at BC in recent history (HC and AD positions that were so atrocious that small upgrades are seen monumental improvements) the people that tailgate have been so used to shitty rules and being beaten down for so long that even a mediocre improvement would be applauded.

From my perspective, as someone who has a spot and pays for it every year, I would honestly be happy with just being able to get on campus whenever we arrive as opposed to being herded in as soon as the clock strikes [three hours before kickoff]. Even if BC has to maintain a 3 hour rule, at least let people into their spots to set up and just say, don't start your grills until 3 hours prior, or something like that. We drive up from CT, and more or less have to time our arrival perfectly, otherwise we are forced to drive around aimlessly and hopefully get in line at the right time. The way it works now, if we don't time it PERFECTLY, we can be sitting in traffic and not get to our spot in Robsham for 15-20 minutes, now the 3 hours we have been allotted has been reduced by 15-30 minutes.

If the neighbors are worried about extended tailgating because "people will be too drunk" or whatever their outrageous claim is, the alternative is that people who tailgate, that wait to get into the lots, are going to park on the side streets and drink anyway (most likely in their neighborhoods). Allowing cars in early is a net win for everyone (cuts down on traffic, keeps it all on campus, allows tailgaters more flexibility in arrival, etc...),

At this point, Im not even advocating unlimited tailgating. 3 hours is more than enough for me, I dont need to be sitting there all day. All I would ask is to just open the campus an hour or two early for people to drive in/set-up, and let them "actively tailgate" (however they want to define that) for 3 hours prior, its just mind boggling how they treat everyone now.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:12 am

I'm advocating as much tailgating as is necessary to get BC fans to actually want to go into the game before it starts.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am

"Tailgating starts 3 hours prior to kickoff" really means "You can start driving your car onto Shea Field (or wherever else) 3 hours prior."

A decent compromise would be to open the lots for a period of time on Friday night. Say something like "From 6PM-10PM, you can park your car in your spot for the game on Saturday." No tailgating would be allowed at that time, obviously, but at least then you would have the majority of cars parked on Friday which would cut down on traffic Saturday. Concerns about traffic on Friday would be justified, especially during rush hour, but you're affording a four hour window to park allowing people to spread out when they arrive.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am

:chewbanka
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:"Tailgating starts 3 hours prior to kickoff" really means "You can start driving your car onto Shea Field (or wherever else) 3 hours prior."

A decent compromise would be to open the lots for a period of time on Friday night. Say something like "From 6PM-10PM, you can park your car in your spot for the game on Saturday." No tailgating would be allowed at that time, obviously, but at least then you would have the majority of cars parked on Friday which would cut down on traffic Saturday. Concerns about traffic on Friday would be justified, especially during rush hour, but you're affording a four hour window to park allowing people to spread out when they arrive.

A decent compromise would be that the lots open at 8:00 the morning of Gameday regardless of kickoff time. Traffic issues would be resolved as there would be no crush getting onto campus (folks would just arrive organically). If you want to give the city a win, restrict post-game tailgating to 2-hours (zero for night games). BC should also do away with all the self-imposed, nonsensical nanny-state rules they have for things like access to Shea or playing games, etc.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Coachingsearch.com just reported that Michigan has formally reached out to gauge the interest of both Bates and the yukon AD.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:21 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Coachingsearch.com just reported that Michigan has formally reached out to gauge the interest of both Bates and the yukon AD.

Any word on Florida or any other SEC school reaching out to gauge the interest of Addazio?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Coachingsearch.com just reported that Michigan has formally reached out to gauge the interest of both Bates and the yukon AD.

Here's the link: http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Art ... s-31598335

Note that they didn't "formally" reach out as that would mean that they have already fired Brandon.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Here's the link: http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Art ... s-31598335

Note that they didn't "formally" reach out as that would mean that they have already fired Brandon.

Yes I meant to say there is a substantiated "report" as opposed to us just speculating since he went to UM.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm

OH NOES!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:OH NOES!

ix-nay on the olograms-hay
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:07 pm

his butt cut would fit in better in michigan
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Dust off the tanning beds.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Dust off the tanning beds.

This would be a very BC thing to do. I love it. Bring him back.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Blog Boy {l Wrote}:I think Ryan Day would be the top candidate if this position were to somehow open up.

we know what you think
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 pm

The lots should open 4 hours prior to a 3:30 or later start. There does not appear to be much demand for any earlier access. Noon and 1 pm starts most fans don't arrive even at 10 AM.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}::chewbanka
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:"Tailgating starts 3 hours prior to kickoff" really means "You can start driving your car onto Shea Field (or wherever else) 3 hours prior."

A decent compromise would be that the lots open at 8:00 the morning of Gameday regardless of kickoff time. Traffic issues would be resolved as there would be no crush getting onto campus (folks would just arrive organically). If you want to give the city a win, restrict post-game tailgating to 2-hours (zero for night games). BC should also do away with all the self-imposed, nonsensical nanny-state rules they have for things like access to Shea or playing games, etc.

is there a situation where theres more than 2 hrs of post game tailgating?

agree with your idea, unfortunately it will never happen though.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:A decent compromise would be to open the lots for a period of time on Friday night. Say something like "From 6PM-10PM, you can park your car in your spot for the game on Saturday." No tailgating would be allowed at that time, obviously, but at least then you would have the majority of cars parked on Friday which would cut down on traffic Saturday. Concerns about traffic on Friday would be justified, especially during rush hour, but you're affording a four hour window to park allowing people to spread out when they arrive.

this is a really good idea.* i recommend sending it to Bates' minions.

*this opinion has nothing to do with the fact that Murt is the toughest, handsomest, smartest poster on this board
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:23 am

if bates isn't going to go to war with the neighbors this year, they should move an hour from postgame to pregame.

eliminates the rat race of set up, etc. and i'd say 50% max even tailgate post game with 10-20% even using the 2 hours.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:31 am

I'd be surprised if Michigan hires Bates, but I won't lose any sleep over it if it happens. Bates has done some good things here, but he has not been a miracle worker. Soliciting and listening to customer feedback and having a grasp on social media are not difficult qualities to replace. He has made one good hire and the jury is still out on his second. And we've already griped plenty about his football scheduling.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:if bates isn't going to go to war with the neighbors this year, they should move an hour from postgame to pregame.

eliminates the rat race of set up, etc. and i'd say 50% max even tailgate post game with 10-20% even using the 2 hours.

Good idea. The families always split right after the game, it's already a long day for young children without post game tailgating.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium