Bates to Michigan?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bates to Michigan?

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 am

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Bates to Michigan?

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:26 am

i loved these sentences:

I’m told by three solid sources that the Board Of Regents is no longer in Dave Brandon’s corner and realize that Les Miles, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh and any other credible coach will not come to Ann Arbor as long as Brandon is the Athletic Director....

oh that's all

If either one of these gentlemen is hired, the road to a Harbaugh gets much more probable. Both Harbaugh brothers and Miles would take the Michigan job under the stewardship of Bates or Manuel, none of them would come to Michigan under Brandon, so change is imminent.

ok
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:52 am

lol
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 am

That's some delusional shit right there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That's some delusional shit right there.

Seriously.

Michigan is a top-tier job but some of those names are ridiculous.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 am

My sources are solid, two respected journalists, one high profile ex-Michigan football star and as I write this a HUGE donor/former Michigan athlete.

I'd bet my house that one of the "respected journalists" is Blaudschun.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 am

This place has been crazy town lately.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:50 am

When Bates leaves does he take Addazio with him?

FHCRD, FHCRD .... NHCRD, NHCRD!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Nah. Herm Edwards
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:57 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Nah. Herm Edwards

He's getting old now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Nah. Herm Edwards

He's getting old now.

Wayne Fontes?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 am

In all seriousness, is Michigan even all that hot of a coaching destination anymore? They haven't been relevant nationally for almost a decade.

I can't imagine the Harbaugh's would consider this, regardless who the AD is. So that leaves Les, who would be the hot name and a "Michigan man", but is he really going to be willing to leave behind what he's built in Baton Rouge to play second fiddle to Urban Meyer 5 of every 6 years in a shitty conference? I doubt it, unless they pay him Nick Saban money, which may be too rich, even for Michigan.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am

The threads on here get crazier each day.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:This place has been crazy town lately.

the w3ird0z are really expanding their coverage areas
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I know, right. It's so crazy that a university could potentially fire its AD and someone is suggesting they would look to one of its alums who is an AD at another power 5 school. And if that's not crazy enough, someone then posts a topic about this rumor on the message board centered around the school that currently employs that individual. Absolutely crazy. We need better moderators around here to keep people in line.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I know, right. It's so crazy that a university could potentially fire its AD and someone is suggesting they would look to one of its alums who is an AD at another power 5 school. And if that's not crazy enough, someone then posts a topic about this rumor on the message board centered around the school that currently employs that individual. Absolutely crazy. We need better moderators around here to keep people in line.

The delusional shit had more to do with the coaching candidates referenced in the aforementioned article, not the AD.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

The delusional shit had more to do with the coaching candidates referenced in the aforementioned article, not the AD.

But this place was not responsible for suggesting those supposed coaching candidates. Someone just posted a rumor about Bates going to Michigan. Doesn't seem like a crazy thing to post on a BC message board. If Michigan were to fire its AD, I would be surprised if Bates didn't at least get an interview. Addazio was a good hire and jury is out on Christian. Christian was certainly not a home run hire, but he's at least off to a good start in recruiting.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

...and the fact that most of the talk around here would have either been dismissed or mocked mercilessly just two weeks ago. I guess beating a good, but overrated, team makes it all seem normal.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

But this place was not responsible for suggesting those supposed coaching candidates. Someone just posted a rumor about Bates going to Michigan. Doesn't seem like a crazy thing to post on a BC message board. If Michigan were to fire its AD, I would be surprised if Bates didn't at least get an interview. Addazio was a good hire and jury is out on Christian. Christian was certainly not a home run hire, but he's at least off to a good start in recruiting.

That rumor had its source in a link to a crazytown blog that suggest Harbaugh was a leading candidate to coach. Source has relevance here.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:26 pm

It wouldn't totally shock me if Michigan got one of the Harbaughs.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:27 pm

EO Nametag event in NYC tomorrow night with the Master himself. I will report back if the question is raised. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:30 pm

hjs is gonna ask the tough questions right?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:EO Nametag event in NYC tomorrow night with the Master himself. I will report back if the question is raised. :ace

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:EO Nametag event in NYC tomorrow night with the Master himself. I will report back if the question is raised. :ace

This strikes me as an event where a diploma mill joke would elicit some sort of reaction. If you get the mic, I say go for it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Free tickets or free coke/hot dogs are GDF's marketing genius. "Bo's men are coming home to right the ship" LMFAO! I guess that means at best another Rose Bowl loss! No NFL head coach is going to Michigan by their own choice. Les Miles might be looking for a retirement job after losing to Miss St. TOB is available, perfect for M. He will win 9 games every year and beat OSU 70% of the time.

The tough part about the Michigan job is having to live in Michigan.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Free tickets or free coke/hot dogs are GDF's marketing genius. "Bo's men are coming home to right the ship" LMFAO! I guess that means at best another Rose Bowl loss! No NFL head coach is going to Michigan by their own choice. Les Miles might be looking for a retirement job after losing to Miss St. TOB is available, perfect for M. He will win 9 games every year and beat OSU 70% of the time.

The tough part about the Michigan job is having to live in Michigan.

Ann Arbor is a nice place. Don't think I could live here for more than the 2 years I am but I also don't have a family or need to worry about school systems or the like. Plus there are like 8 decent golf courses within a 15 minute drive from me. So that's an added bonus.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:16 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

This strikes me as an event where a diploma mill joke would elicit some sort of reaction. If you get the mic, I say go for it.

Standing room only at the Union League Club last night.
After a short introduction from Bates, some whalepants raced to the microphone when Bates opened for Q&A and started rambling on about vetoing Uconn from the ACC and questioning why Rutgers wasn't invited after Cuse/Pitt joined the conference to re-create the old Big East. I figured it might have been HJS until the guy finished with a parting shot that questioned the firing of Steve Donahue.

After a BC alumni relations individual had the whalepants removed from the microphone, there were a few more questions about the master plan and shea field tailgating situation. Bates denied the rumor that the master plan announcement was being delayed due to lack of fundraising. He then mentioned that the initial implementation of the wristband situation was handled poorly and there will be changes for the clemson game, but declined to specify any details. He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:

After a short introduction from Bates, some whalepants raced to the microphone when Bates opened for Q&A and started rambling on about vetoing Uconn from the ACC and questioning why Rutgers wasn't invited after Cuse/Pitt joined the conference to re-create the old Big East. I figured it might have been HJS until the guy finished with a parting shot that questioned the firing of Steve Donahue.

After a BC alumni relations individual had the whalepants removed from the microphone, there were a few more questions about the master plan and shea field tailgating situation. Bates denied the rumor that the master plan announcement was being delayed due to lack of fundraising. He then mentioned that the initial implementation of the wristband situation was handled poorly and there will be changes for the clemson game, but declined to specify any details. He did mention that nothing will substantially change with the tailgate situation this year, but that the tailgating would definitely be revisited with the newly elected mayor for next years entertainment license.

interested to see the changes for the Clemson game seeing as I really cant think of how theyd make it worse and more restrictive than it already is.

excited to see them try though
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:

Quick question - Is the correct name for the Plan referenced above the "master plan" or the "Master's plan"
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:19 am

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy