Addazio Postgame

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Addazio Postgame

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Great video

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Addazio Postgame

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 pm

tremendous.

on a related point, don't like how they're going to wear this gear for the rest of the year. it diminishes the significance of the whole event saturday imo. it should just always be going forward that we wear it on the closest home game to sep 11
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:39 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:tremendous.

on a related point, don't like how they're going to wear this gear for the rest of the year. it diminishes the significance of the whole event saturday imo. it should just always be going forward that we wear it on the closest home game to sep 11

この
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Addazio is inspiring especially after Spaz. He speaks from the heart and truly knows what it means to be a part of Boston College.

Commave, where did you hear they will keep with the red bandanna them the rest of the year? I could see maybe continuing to wear the gloves but the cleats and stripes I'm not sure about.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Addazio is inspiring especially after Spaz. He speaks from the heart and truly knows what it means to be a part of Boston College.

Commave, where did you hear they will keep with the red bandanna them the rest of the year? I could see maybe continuing to wear the gloves but the cleats and stripes I'm not sure about.

Meterperel tweet. My initial reaction is that I hate, hate, hate this idea. Nobody is at risk of forgetting Welles right now. And I think it kind of cheapens what should be an annual tradition.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I agree the the masses, pack up the Welles uniforms until next September.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I agree the the masses, pack up the Welles uniforms until next September.

Agree

That video is amazing. Welles' dad is a dude.

Also, I never realized Howell has a full beard. When he has his helmet on you can only see what appears to be an....interesting....mustache.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am

maybe the "incorporation" is just a sticker on the back of the helmet?

on the whole, agreed the unis, cleats, gloves, etc should be used one game / year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 am

I thought everything they did for the USC game was perfect. The sticker they used last year or the year before was a small circle on the back of the helmet with the pattern, which I wouldnt be opposed to for the remainder of the season as it would be incorporated but understated and not so much in the face.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 am

Thinking about the uniform situation, I'm going to back off just a little.

If it comes out that this is a player decision, that they were so moved by Welles parents and the experience of this past week that the captains approached Daz and said they'd like to do this, then I'm 100% ok with it.

But if this is just a Daz, the marketing folks, or worst of all an Under Armor idea...then no way.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am

Maybe we can even do a permanent Red Paisley and superfan yellow combo! Can anyone with computer skills pull together a mock-up???

Where's that red font....

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:52 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Maybe we can even do a permanent Red Paisley and superfan yellow combo! Can anyone with computer skills pull together a mock-up???

Where's that red font....

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Maryland already has a corner on that kind of seizure inducing color scheme.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Great video

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

We are a long fucking way from sadface and hip hip hurray. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:43 pm

i think we're still at hip hip hooray but

(1) its not because we're bowl eligible (one year after going to the acccg)
(b) it feels less or a forced hip hip hoory
(iii) you don't worry someone is going to throw out a hip during the hip hip hooray
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Never a day should pass in which Leahy, the BOT, and anybody else who had power to affect change should not reflect on the disgrace of Spaz and the last years of GDF. BC was left on life support following these clowns. Addazio is performing on the job CPR on what was basically a corpse with barely a pulse. Slowly, the patient is coming back to life. BC is on the right track.

I've spent the last few days telling the local USC fans here in LA not to feel too much shame in losing to BC. They feel like they lost to St. Mary's School for the Blind. Just last week, USC acted like kings of the world for beating Stanford. Last year, USC fans stormed the field at the Coliseum after beating Stanford. Let me remind you that Stanford was 25-55 in the 7 years from 2002-2008 (though Harbaugh won as a 40 pt dog at the Coliseum in 2007). BC never fell quite that far in our descent, yet SC acts like they got whooped by a directional Wyoming school.

It is astounding how much momentum GDF, Jags, and Spaz cost BC. Astounding. But, like Stanford fell after Willingham bailed after 2001, they regained their mojo three years into the Harbaugh regime (2009, in Harbaugh's 3rd year). BC's is a similar story to Stanford's. Replace Jags and Spaz with Buddy Tevens and Walt Harris. I wish I could say nice things about Jags, but if you haven't figured it out by now, the magic in Jags' two years was all Steve Logan.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:
I've spent the last few days telling the local USC fans here in LA not to feel too much shame in losing to BC. They feel like they lost to St. Mary's School for the Blind. Just last week, USC acted like kings of the world for beating Stanford. Last year, USC fans stormed the field at the Coliseum after beating Stanford. Let me remind you that Stanford was 25-55 in the 7 years from 2002-2008 (though Harbaugh won as a 40 pt dog at the Coliseum in 2007). BC never fell quite that far in our descent, yet SC acts like they got whooped by a directional Wyoming school.

Their thoughts on the BC program are a little annoying, but the reality is, BC probably ranks 12th or 13th in the ACC in terms of talent. And the ACC ranks behind the SEC and PAC-12.
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Deadspin articles on Dazzlers Vine account. http://deadspin.com/bc-coach-steve-addazios-vine-account-is-a-wonderful-rel-1636494658

For some reason these are starting to pick up steam today. They were featured on EDSBS/SB Nation and a few other places (barstool just did a blog on it) are picking them up (despite being a year old). Hopefully SA gets word of it and does some more/runs harder with this "dude" thing, while corny, its a valuable marketing/recruiting tool
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Logan plus Ryan, Raji, Silva, and several other guys.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Sadly, on a national basis, BC football has about as much cache as Duke .... pre-Cutcliffe. That is the overwhelming national perception. We are a team everyone expects to beat. I guarantee you the Colorado State fans will be ready to jump of a tall building if they lose to us (even though many BC fans think that is an automatic W). Hopefully The Dazzler can raise the bar - a lot.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Ronc112 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Sadly, on a national basis, BC football has about as much cache as Duke .... pre-Cutcliffe. That is the overwhelming national perception. We are a team everyone expects to beat. I guarantee you the Colorado State fans will be ready to jump of a tall building if they lose to us (even though many BC fans think that is an automatic W). Hopefully The Dazzler can raise the bar - a lot.

I don't think it's that bad. My experience is that the most common perception is that BC is a solid program, but obviously has had a few bad years. I don't believe Duke or Colorado State is anywhere near BC. There's a reason BC was one of the first colleges brought into the new ACC even though it wasn't long before that we went 4-7 four straight years. Also plenty of Big10 alums hoping it would be BC over Rutgers or Maryland. Teams like Colorado State wouldn't get a whiff of serious interest elsewhere.

The USC fans I know would act like they got whooped by a directional Wyoming school to any ACC team not named FSU.
Ronc112
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i think we're still at hip hip hooray but

(iii) you don't worry someone is going to throw out a hip during the hip hip hooray

You're going to ride this Daz Year 2 thing right into the ground aren't you?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Addazio is the best coach for BC. He is a good family man, a good Catholic and a hell of a spokesman for Jesuit values. It would be a shame to lose him over money. If he keeps winning and especially if Florida struggles, the offers will come and BC will have to pay 3 million per year to keep him.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i think we're still at hip hip hooray but

You're going to ride this Daz Year 2 thing right into the ground aren't you?

he's totally mowing your lawn.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:11 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Addazio is the best coach for BC. He is a good family man, a good Catholic and a hell of a spokesman for Jesuit values. It would be a shame to lose him over money. If he keeps winning and especially if Florida struggles, the offers will come and BC will have to pay 3 million per year to keep him.

Ignoring most of this - like overemphasizing a single win against a top ten team, what makes you think that Florida would want to hire him? If anything, I believe his perceived unsuccessful coordinator tenure there and likely his close ties to Meyer would make him an extraordinarily unpopular choice for a hire. Now maybe the UF admin doesn't care what their fans and donors think, but i'd bet they do at least a little. I also imagine the admin is still none too happy with the way Meyer left.

That being said, if he continues to have success he will go to a bigger job. That's not a bad thing though. I have no illusions that Addazio is a climber who does not have any real investment in Boston College, fortunately he's a very good salesman.

I think for our program absent a major philosophical change:

Best: alum or person with other strong tie to school - can be constructed while coaching- that happens to be an awesome HC and he stays forever regardless of outside interest (have not had this, JoePa w/o diddling; Grobe; Snyder are examples elsewhere)
Then: weirdo with non-football related flaw that makes him unpopular despite success (have not had this, Chris Petersen was an example elsewhere for awhile)
Then: climber, who does a great job in a short period making a splash above the historical program achievements but then moves on to better things (Coughlin)
Then: steady performer who stays a long time goes to low tier bowls stays above .500 but not by much, has little outside interest (TOB)
Then: failure who generates no interest outside the program (Spaz)
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 am

I absolutely think Florida will coming calling for Daz. If you can win 7+ games the last two years with this roster it's fairly impressive.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I absolutely think Florida will coming calling for Daz. If you can win 7+ games the last two years with this roster it's fairly impressive.

They wouldn't. No chance. Not even in the discussion outside of Blaudschun-type bloggers.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:12 am

is this going to be teh new shinskie 2 nfl deal?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:12 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I absolutely think Florida will coming calling for Daz. If you can win 7+ games the last two years with this roster it's fairly impressive.

They wouldn't. No chance. Not even in the discussion outside of Blaudschun-type bloggers.

this
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:28 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this

It is highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely that Dazoo would garner serious interest from Florida. Their jorts n' crocks fans would sooner root for FSU. That said, Daz was very well liked by the players and had a ton of support from the administration. Politically, it is similar to what led us to hire Spaz. Now, I don't expect the Florida program to ever be in such dire straits... and I am not saying that the two men are in the same universe in their ability to coach. But, I am on the side of never-say-never.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:39 am

I was waiting for the Daz to a baby rapists chat to start. With the roster he inherited, what he did is special. If he left would we see HCRD? or do we go back to the MAC.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium