Maine week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maine week

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:57 pm

I think we need 2 games for next year (and Alabama is available)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:21 pm

its gonna be two suckfests with notre dame on the books at fenway. will be nice to get in essence 8 home games again though. really helps a young team.

that said, I really hope bates & co. realized the importance of playing big time teams in terms of exposure & buzz it generates.

its too bad we have the same colors as SC bc there were TONS of bc fans out there last year (myself included). while I get theres slim to no chance theyd ever add an sec school, a rotation of usc/ucla/Stanford would be great for the school imo

also not to go on a schedule rant (to go along with tailgating questions and lax becoming a varsity sport), but in echoing someone else's thoughts, we should have army on an ongoing 2-for-1 schedule. would rather play them than anyone north of the mason Dixon line east of happy valley.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

I suggest that BC blow up a mock battleship in the res to start off "Maine week". :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:... there were TONS of bc fans out there last year ...

i don't really think that pussy nospace was there. i think that ton of fan was full of shit (and not just because he refuses to eat fruits and vegetables)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:50 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:its gonna be two suckfests with notre dame on the books at fenway. will be nice to get in essence 8 home games again though. really helps a young team.

that said, I really hope bates & co. realized the importance of playing big time teams in terms of exposure & buzz it generates.

its too bad we have the same colors as SC bc there were TONS of bc fans out there last year (myself included). while I get theres slim to no chance theyd ever add an sec school, a rotation of usc/ucla/Stanford would be great for the school imo

also not to go on a schedule rant (to go along with tailgating questions and lax becoming a varsity sport), but in echoing someone else's thoughts, we should have army on an ongoing 2-for-1 schedule. would rather play them than anyone north of the mason Dixon line east of happy valley.

I expect that URI or a similar northeast FCS team will end up on the 2015 schedule. The fourth non-conference game will probably resemble the Colorado State game on the schedule this year. I don't think it's going to be any team that moves the needle for us.

Yes, they need to go to California more often.

Like the Army idea, but recent challenges of scheduling them are well-documented.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:... there were TONS of bc fans out there last year ...

i don't really think that pussy nospace was there. i think that ton of fan was full of shit (and not just because he refuses to eat fruits and vegetables)

Look, he's already said that he's not coming back here. No need to harass him, tyrant.

Plus, he's busy.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 am

The offense will be 75-85% run this week, with a few passes interspersed. Daz will not get away from what he believes the strength of the team is/will be....With 3 running backs (4 if you count Alston) we will run all day long...he is prepping for the ball control/clock control games he will need later on down the schedule.

By the way, anyone else interested to see Sherm running back kick-offs? Is Daz afeard he might get clobbered on a run back?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:The offense will be 75-85% run this week, with a few passes interspersed. Daz will not get away from what he believes the strength of the team is/will be....With 3 running backs (4 if you count Alston) we will run all day long...he is prepping for the ball control/clock control games he will need later on down the schedule.

By the way, anyone else interested to see Sherm running back kick-offs? Is Daz afeard he might get clobbered on a run back?

I think he doesn't want him to get hurt. And since Willis returns them all anyway
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Please dont do a very BC thing to do and lose to Maine after beating USC

How would losing to a Division 1-AA team be a "very BC thing to do?"

When was the last time BC lost to a D1-AA team? I think their only loss to a team from that subdivision was the very first year they had that subdivision (1978) and they didn't even beat any Division 1-A teams that year either.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:55 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Please dont do a very BC thing to do and lose to Maine after beating USC

When was the last time BC lost to a D1-AA team? I think their only loss to a team from that subdivision was the very first year they had that subdivision (1978) and they didn't even beat any Division 1-A teams that year either.

BC beats #1 UNC in basketball. Follows it up with a blowout loss at home to Harvard.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

BC beats #1 UNC in basketball. Follows it up with a blowout loss at home to Harvard.

i didn't realize basketball had a 1-aa/championship division designation
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Never change epstein.

The consistency is awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Its hyperbole. After we beat WVU, did anyone expect us to shit the bed against Diamond Ferri and the Orangemen. We wont lose to a 1AA team but we were known for the WTF loss.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Its hyperbole. After we beat WVU, did anyone expect us to shit the bed against Diamond Ferri and the Orangemen. We wont lose to a 1AA team but we were known for the WTF loss.

Not to Maine. If he was worried about losing to NCSU, he'd have a point. Using Maine, it's classic epstein - hyperbolic to the absurd.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I will say tw, as comfortable as your couch may have been, you missed a hell of a night in the upper endzone
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I will say tw, as comfortable as your couch may have been, you missed a hell of a night in the upper endzone

I'll survive. Drank a 12 pack while you drowned.

That said, we'll be back next year when :vader can make it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I will say tw, as comfortable as your couch may have been, you missed a hell of a night in the upper endzone

I'll survive. Drank a 12 pack while you drowned.

That said, we'll be back next year when :vader can make it.

THIS WASN'T FSU! IT WASN'T RAINING!
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

Wanna come up with a Women's Field Hockey example, too? :roll:
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:46 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Its hyperbole. After we beat WVU, did anyone expect us to shit the bed against Diamond Ferri and the Orangemen. We wont lose to a 1AA team but we were known for the WTF loss.

This. We're not going to lose to Maine, but TOB was the King of WTF games
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not to Maine. If he was worried about losing to NCSU, he'd have a point. Using Maine, it's classic epstein - hyperbolic to the absurd.

Are we even going to be favored at NCST? I'm thinking like NCST -2 or something.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Are we even going to be favored at NCST? I'm thinking like NCST -2 or something.

nc state plays fsu then the clemson in the 2 weeks before they play us. nc state will be dismantled by both programs and i expect will be all but done for the year.

starting your season against 4 shit programs does a great job of generating excitement among the fan base and potentially even gets you noticed on a nationalish stage... but once the shit opponent stream runs dry and turns into shitting the bed against real opponents, the boat capsizes real fast

even i know that, and i don't even like sports
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nc state plays fsu then the clemson in the 2 weeks before they play us. nc state will be dismantled by both programs and i expect will be all but done for the year.

starting your season against 4 shit programs does a great job of generating excitement among the fan base and potentially even gets you noticed on a nationalish stage... but once the shit opponent stream runs dry and turns into shitting the bed against real opponents, the boat capsizes real fast

even i know that, and i don't even like sports

BC is going to maul NCSU in the run game. Clemson, not so much.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'll be in the building, the team is 2-0 under addazio on the road when I'm there

Tedwardo, maybe your apartment at NU had different weather but it didn't rain during the game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'll be in the building, the team is 2-0 under addazio on the road when I'm there

Tedwardo, maybe your apartment at NU had different weather but it didn't rain during the game

I wasn't in Boston, or else I would have been at the game. I just saw miserable people in ponchos so I assumed people got wet.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I wasn't in Boston, or else I would have been at the game. I just saw miserable people in ponchos so I assumed people got wet.

Rained before the game. Claver did you storm the field after?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

How is Guatemala City in September?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i did not, sit in the upper deck above the band in the former land of tedwardo so not ideal for field rushing. still on a bum ankle & leg, not walking too well so tough to get around (if you see someone hobbling around in whalepants & an ankle brace it's probably me)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Early forecast says clear all day and mid-60s at kickoff, but the temp when the tailgate lots open is supposed to be in the low 50s. :shock:

whalepants game!

:whalepants

I'm not ready to let go of my jorts.

nonetheless, the trannies are going to keep pulling at them

Forecast getting warmer, low 60s at 10:00, 70 at kickoff. Good enough for jorts.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

How is Guatemala City in September?

Don't know. I did watch the game, so we weren't in a third world country.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i did not, sit in the upper deck above the band in the former land of tedwardo so not ideal for field rushing. still on a bum ankle & leg, not walking too well so tough to get around (if you see someone hobbling around in whalepants & an ankle brace it's probably me)

I will claim that land again in the future.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium