USC Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: USC Game Thread

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:41 pm

It seems like 1000 years since the "we are what we are" under the bussings by Spaz
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can we correct the "first win over a top ten team in 10 years" mantra? My recollection is the VT was #8 on a fateful Thursday night in October in 2007 when most of Boston was watching the World Series and couldn't figure out why I was screaming at the TV for 3 and a half quarters.

CONFIRMED! http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272980259

blauds says bc hasn't beat a top 10 team since 2004, so you're right
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can we correct the "first win over a top ten team in 10 years" mantra? My recollection is the VT was #8 on a fateful Thursday night in October in 2007 when most of Boston was watching the World Series and couldn't figure out why I was screaming at the TV for 3 and a half quarters.

Blauds hasn't done a lot of things since 2004, like be relevant.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:2012 ND was #4
2011 None
2010 None
2009 Vtech was 5
2008 None
2007 none
2006 None
2005 FSU and Vtech
2004 WVU

So like you said BS stat, we only had 2 chances to even do it in the last 7 years.

2013 isn't included here and I believe both Clemson and FSU were top 10.

Those are the times that we were unranked because it doesn't include VT in 07 either.

BC media guide had Vtech ranked 11th. I stand corrected, they were 6 in the ACC Championship game.
Last edited by DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:05 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Blauds hasn't done a lot of things since 2004, like be relevant.

Zing! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:05 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'm pretty sure he wrote that column from his couch after watching the game on TV. You know, the rain and all...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:

Believe the correct quote was "first win by an unranked BC team over a top ten team in 10 years". Everybody was using all kinds of different stats that night. Guessing it was so unlikely that they had to scramble to find them. I did enjoy the flashback to BC beating ND in 1994 with the yellow endzones.

Yes. That is why this is a stupid stat. Most teams rarely beat a top 10 team when they are unranked. For most Big Ums, they are almost always ranked when they play anyway. When was the last time Alabama took the field unranked, let alone beat a top 10 team while also unranked.

How often do you even play a top ten team. We dont always play a top ten team and we play Clemson and FSU annually.

Wasn't the 1994 stat something like "BC hasn't beaten a Top 10 team at home while unranked since 1994"?
They also commented about BC halting an 11 game losing streak to ranked opponents. While I question that veracity, we should put it a bit in context. UVA just snapped an 11 game losing streak to ACC teams.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 pm

According to the BC Media Guide it's 12:

2013 - FSU, Clemson
2012 - Clemson, FSU, ND
2011 - Clemson, VT, ND
2010 - FSU, Nevada
2009 - VT, UNC

Glad that cot-damned streak is over.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:1) BME, you stink. Get to the game on time. Your tailgate was lame, the burgers were gross, and it's bad form to wear pink whalepants after Labor Day. You are teaching your nerd niece bad habits. Drink faster next time.

b) This game was exhausting. A lot of emotion with the off-the-field stuff. The game itself was taxing. When we got the lead, I began looking at the clock every three or four seconds because it felt like USC was breathing down our necks. I was so tired after the game that I could barely manage to drink 27 beers.

iii) I walked past the mods on Friday and it was like I was transported to the planet Dorkulon 9000. It was 75 degrees and sunny and there was zero activity. For shame, nerds. For shame. You would think with all this nerd power we would move up in the academic rankings, but last I checked, we are still around number 31. Boo-urns.

IV) New englanders are the worst people on earth. Jesus, you people suck the life out of everything. I forgot how ridiculously parochial you jerks are. The negativity in that town stinks!

Cube root of 125) There was a certain board legend from Texas tailgating in the Robsham lot on Saturday. Somehow I missed the invitation to the nametag event (campion probably "forgot" to send it to me), but it looks like they had fun.

this post was epic. :kudos
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 am

I watched parts of Q3 and Q4 of the rerun on NESN last night. It was even better than Saturday night.

It doesn't help your running game to have Marcus Allen on sidelines when your O line sucks and can't block.

Hilliman is wearing number 32. That is just awesome and means that he is going to be really good.

USC really did try and throw the ball, they just kept getting sacked.

Huang's prediction of a BC win by 10 would have happened if Day hadn't forced Murphy to take a knee with a first and goal at the end of the game.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:1) BME, you stink. Get to the game on time. Your tailgate was lame, the burgers were gross, and it's bad form to wear pink whalepants after Labor Day. You are teaching your nerd niece bad habits. Drink faster next time.

b) This game was exhausting. A lot of emotion with the off-the-field stuff. The game itself was taxing. When we got the lead, I began looking at the clock every three or four seconds because it felt like USC was breathing down our necks. I was so tired after the game that I could barely manage to drink 27 beers.

iii) I walked past the mods on Friday and it was like I was transported to the planet Dorkulon 9000. It was 75 degrees and sunny and there was zero activity. For shame, nerds. For shame. You would think with all this nerd power we would move up in the academic rankings, but last I checked, we are still around number 31. Boo-urns.

IV) New englanders are the worst people on earth. Jesus, you people suck the life out of everything. I forgot how ridiculously parochial you jerks are. The negativity in that town stinks!

Cube root of 125) There was a certain board legend from Texas tailgating in the Robsham lot on Saturday. Somehow I missed the invitation to the nametag event (campion probably "forgot" to send it to me), but it looks like they had fun.

this post was epic. :kudos

planet dorkulon 9000 is further proof that the rev is where its at and everyone else is a mere spectator
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:20 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:2012 ND was #4
2011 None
2010 None
2009 Vtech was 5
2008 None
2007 none
2006 None
2005 FSU and Vtech
2004 WVU

So like you said BS stat, we only had 2 chances to even do it in the last 7 years.

2013 isn't included here and I believe both Clemson and FSU were top 10.

Those are the times that we were unranked because it doesn't include VT in 07 either.

BC media guide had Vtech ranked 11th. I stand corrected, they were 6 in the ACC Championship game.

They were 8 in at least the coaches poll in Blacksburg. I linked the box score with the little 8
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 am

One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere and I'm just remembering it now, how great was it to see Ty Hall's dad on the jumbotron with his helmet/hat thing. The crowd loved it. That guy is awesome.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:23 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere and I'm just remembering it now, how great was it to see Ty Hall's dad on the jumbotron with his helmet/hat thing. The crowd loved it. That guy is awesome.

Does he have any permanent neck problems? That's all I can think of when I see him up there. That and I think it'd be funny to see the person with the seat behind him's face when he sees him come in ofr the first time.

It's awesome he still comes to the games.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:47 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere and I'm just remembering it now, how great was it to see Ty Hall's dad on the jumbotron with his helmet/hat thing. The crowd loved it. That guy is awesome.

Does he have any permanent neck problems? That's all I can think of when I see him up there. That and I think it'd be funny to see the person with the seat behind him's face when he sees him come in ofr the first time.

I saw Ty Hall before the game so I wasn't completely surprised when I saw his dad on the jumbotron.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

i remember when he and i started a "spaz sucks" chant at a game in winston salem. it was fun.

although not as fun as the winston salem game that philly's friend kept asking if he should streak the field
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 pm

The ACC recognized three Eagles yesterday for their work against the Trojans. Quarterback Tyler Murphy was named Offensive Back of the Week, center Andy Gallik got Offensive Lineman of the Week and Josh Keyes was Linebacker of the Week. http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/ ... st_letdown

It also looks like Sean Duggan has improved and may play against Maine.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BearTerritory on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Lol, "revolutionary era architecture", that would be the " Pre-mall School."

You can't make this shit up; their fans make Penn State look like a Mensa meeting.
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium