Expectations at BC/perfect storm of misery for ACC big wigs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Expectations at BC/perfect storm of misery for ACC big wigs

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Imagine if BC lost to CMU, won out and Clemson lost a game and we played Gtech in an ACC Championship. Our fanbase would be apathetic and I would argue might not even show for a BCS game in the numbers they should if we made it.

Its funny how perceptions change, people went from thinking we would finish last to now winning the ACC and losing to ND is disgustiad (it is, but I blame Montel's fumble and he has been sooooooooo good I wouldnt blame him if he did it again.) This team has been killed by injuries (notice not NFL losses, you have to recruit and plan for that) If our off year is a 8-4 finish we have come a long way and should be able to get over the hump as a young team matures.

What is worse, us having an off year or UGA losing 3-4 games and feeling like garbage. I have the same expectations as a BC fan as I would being a UGA fan, I want a championship, but I understand it wont happen every year and the Ryan year was our chance this decade. I want the kids to play hard and the coaches to give us the best chance to win.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium