Ray Rice

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Ray Rice

Postby talon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:52 pm

"There’s some things you can cover up and then there’s some things you can’t." - Ray Lewis
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:57 pm

The NFL is a Port-o-Potty in flames right now.

Unfortunately Goodell is trying to extinguish it with a zeppelin full of farts.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:The NFL is a Port-o-Potty in flames right now.

Unfortunately Goodell is trying to extinguish it with a zeppelin full of farts.

Angry Dick has frequently told us that the league is run by jock sniffers and people who couldn't hack it on the gridiron. I used to doubt him. Not anymore.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Yeah, because it is really going to be hurting after this... oh wait, no its not.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:16 pm

They got it or they didn't. It will come out in the investigation.

I still find it hard to believe that an administration who has fined and fucked-over players at will would suddenly put their careers at risk over a 5'9" Scarlet Clerk. But Whatevs floats the conspiracy theory starved (who have spent 6 years looking the other way during their PC president a administration).

Based on the state of the media in this country, forgive me if I view skeptically an AP story based upon an unnamed "official" who claims the conversations occurred on a burner cell.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:They got it or they didn't. It will come out in the investigation.

I still find it hard to believe that an administration who has fined and fucked-over players at will would suddenly put their careers at risk over a 5'9" Scarlet Clerk. But Whatevs floats the conspiracy theory starved (who have spent 6 years looking the other way during their PC president a administration).

Based on the state of the media in this country, forgive me if I view skeptically an AP story based upon an unnamed "official" who claims the conversations occurred on a burner cell.

It is interesting/disturbing how the media has spent so much more energy investigating this issue than issues that really effect the country: Bengazi, IRS... In the end, why would any non-NFL owner care if Gooodell lied about the tape?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:06 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:They got it or they didn't. It will come out in the investigation.

It is interesting/disturbing how the media has spent so much more energy investigating this issue than issues that really effect the country: Bengazi, IRS... In the end, why would any non-NFL owner care if Gooodell lied about the tape?

I care because he is a self righteous, moral policing dink who doesn't play by the own rules he sets.

Edit: I do agree the attention the media is giving this over other important issues is obscene.

that's like saying "I don't know why people listen to the rock music when NPR is so informative."
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:48 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I care because he is a self righteous, moral policing dink who doesn't play by the own rules he sets.

Edit: I do agree the attention the media is giving this over other important issues is obscene.

that's like saying "I don't know why people listen to the rock music when NPR is so informative."

"Moral policing dink who doesn't play by the own rules he sets." Except, when he doesn't act like that against Ray Rice, you think he should be fired. Bizarre.

Gotta say... the folks who call for Goodell head (players in particular) have the most busted logic I've seen since players protested the severity of helmet-to-helmet punishments while suing the NFL because it didn't do enough to prevent concussions.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

I have to agree with HJS on this one. Or he's agreeing with me. Regardless, the League ain't protecting a washed up RB.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:05 pm

I don't think Goodell cares about protecting Ray Rice.

He looked the other way for other reasons. Namely to keep an NFL thug out of view from the population, and specifically out of view from women. The NFL knows it needs women fans/moms to keep producing players. Moms decide if JR plays football. Rarely is it dad. Most moms have to bless JR playing football. The NFL does not need women in the stands, nor women to watch on TV. It needs MOM to say it is ok to play and hang out in the culture. This is the whole reason behind October pink breast cancer month in the NFL. Build good will with moms, wear the pink socks, raise some money. Goodell did not want women to see a player flat knocking a girl out. He wanted to hide it. It back fired on him.

If there is another reason he looked the other way, I would believe he was trying to do a favor for Bisciotti, who apparently did not believe Rice was as washed up (27 yrs old) as others here seem to believe.

In assessing Goodell's actions, your perspective is either 1.) He acted out of ignorance (did not see evidence) and was a moron. Or 2.) He knew the facts and disregarded them and acted out of malice.

If you believe #2, you need a theory to explain why he would do what he did. I believe in my Mom theory. Because you're right, why would he protect a Scarlet Clerk? And I don't believe in perspective #1. So #2 needs a justifying reason for Goodell's malice.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm

It's pretty obvious that he underestimated the fallout and did not see the video, so yes, he's a moron. #1

NFL needs women for ratings and in the stands. They already know they are getting the men. The league estimates that 44% of fans are women.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:wear the pink socks

:chewbanka
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Generally the only women going to NFL stadiums are young women trying to fool their boyfriends that they care about football - all with the hope of getting an engagement ring.

Women really don't like football. Men really don't like fashion week. There is a slim audience of each sex who might like these things, but they are rounding errors. Or they are GBLT folks.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:33 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Generally the only women going to NFL stadiums are young women trying to fool their boyfriends that they care about football - all with the hope of getting an engagement ring.

Women really don't like football. Men really don't like fashion week. There is a slim audience of each sex who might like these things, but they are rounding errors. Or they are GBLT folks.

This is not remotely correct.

This was posted on Business Week 9 hours ago: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-09-26/the-nfl-is-growing-only-because-of-female-fans
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Generally the only women going to NFL stadiums are young women trying to fool their boyfriends that they care about football - all with the hope of getting an engagement ring.

Yeah. Teddy is a huge fan of fashion week.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

he's worn a pink sawks hat for years so you really shouldn't be surprised by this.

by the way, that article had pictures of the carolina fans that are supporting the panthers in hopes of making coitus on luke. that's the real reason most of these jersey wearing jersey chasers go to games
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby talon on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 pm

When's the last time you saw a tampon commercial during an NFL game?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yup Image
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:17 pm

talon {l Wrote}:When's the last time you saw a tampon commercial during an NFL game?

Soon

http://online.wsj.com/articles/nfl-taps-female-executive-as-marketing-chief-1411431147
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yup Image

fixed teehee
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yup Image

fixed teehee

Not a fan of Flubber
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Hate to break the news to you, but the NFL is a straight up boys club. The owners, the executives, the coaches, the players, the advertisers, the commentators - except for the sideline fluff.

Generally, women don't like football and have no reason to like it. 90%+ of women at a football game are dragged by their boyfriend/husband and endure it to appease said man. I know very few women who know the rules to football.

What all women know about football is that it is dangerous and little Jonny could get hurt. The NFL needs to navigate this reality or it will lose its product (its players). The cover of TIME last week was about "Is Football Worth It?" and featured a story about a kid who died of head trauma. This is the NFL's problem. Mom is central to making sure the NFL is an enduring product.

Good point on the tampon commercial during a football game. Never seen one. Never seen a golf ball ad during fashion week shows either. Follow the money.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yup Image

fixed teehee

Not a fan of Flubber

I guess I can take one for the team :skank :D
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 am

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Hate to break the news to you, but the NFL is a straight up boys club. The owners, the executives, the coaches, the players, the advertisers, the commentators - except for the sideline fluff.

Generally, women don't like football and have no reason to like it. 90%+ of women at a football game are dragged by their boyfriend/husband and endure it to appease said man. I know very few women who know the rules to football.

What all women know about football is that it is dangerous and little Jonny could get hurt. The NFL needs to navigate this reality or it will lose its product (its players). The cover of TIME last week was about "Is Football Worth It?" and featured a story about a kid who died of head trauma. This is the NFL's problem. Mom is central to making sure the NFL is an enduring product.

Good point on the tampon commercial during a football game. Never seen one. Never seen a golf ball ad during fashion week shows either. Follow the money.

This is outdated. Business Week actually followed the money. You ignored it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 am

talon {l Wrote}:When's the last time you saw a tampon commercial during an NFL game?

Saw the Bill Burr thing on Conan. When was the last time you saw professional sports wear pink for breast cancer awareness?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am

My last ladyfriend cared very little about sports.
But, if she had her preference of going to a game it would be Football, then a bit lower would be the Hockey followed closely by Baseball and then much, much lower would be Basketball.
I expect many women are the same with possibly Hockey/Baseball switched (especially amongst die hard woman sports fans and/or in certain baseball-centric areas of the country).

That said, to think women aren't a huge part of the NFL's recent success is fucktarded.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MVEagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am

hansen {l Wrote}:My last ladyfriend cared very little about sports.
But, if she had her preference of going to a game it would be Football, then a bit lower would be the Hockey followed closely by Baseball and then much, much lower would be Basketball.
I expect many women are the same with possibly Hockey/Baseball switched (especially amongst die hard woman sports fans and/or in certain baseball-centric areas of the country).

That said, to think women aren't a huge part of the NFL's recent success is fucktarded.

Sports in general are growing among women. I have a few female friends who have women's only fantasy football leagues and are able to speak intelligently on the subject.

By and large, yes they don't care, but men are going to watch sport no matter what. Women are the demographic that the leagues need to, and are making efforts to, break into.
MVEagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 am

MVEagle {l Wrote}:

Sports in general are growing among women. I have a few female friends who have women's only fantasy football leagues and are able to speak intelligently on the subject.

By and large, yes they don't care, but men are going to watch sport no matter what. Women are the demographic that the leagues need to, and are making efforts to, break into.

Exactly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

so the 8 and 12 year old daughters are no longer in need of protection from "uncle hansen"

i feel better for them
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium