BC players in the NFL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC players in the NFL

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:am i oblivious? i had no idea brian mihalik is starting LT for the lions

He had to come out last with an injury and was replaced by, Emmett Cleary. BM came back in a few plays later.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Justin Simmons wears # 31 for Denver. Same number as former BC'er Jay McGillis. Wonder if Simmons requested the number or if this is just a coincidence.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby mario14b on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Justin Simmons wears # 31 for Denver. Same number as former BC'er Jay McGillis. Wonder if Simmons requested the number or if this is just a coincidence.

You guess correctly: Behind the jersey numbers
mario14b
n00b

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 pm

mario14b {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:Justin Simmons wears # 31 for Denver. Same number as former BC'er Jay McGillis. Wonder if Simmons requested the number or if this is just a coincidence.

You guess correctly: Behind the jersey numbers

Thank you for sharing. The other stories were so bad in comparison, they should have just listed Simmons'.

Collinsworth just sang his praises again.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Great representative of BC.
"It means a lot; 31 was a huge number at BC [Boston College]. For those who don't know, it's [for] Jay McGillis, who passed away during his career at BC. He was a loved teammate and friend. It's given to the senior defensive back every year that best resembles what Jay McGillis stood for, so I was completely honored to be able to wear his jersey for the last home game. When I had the opportunity to take my career to the next level in the NFL and be able to wear No. 31, it was a no-brainer to me. That number means so much to the BC family and it means a lot to me. I know I'm excited."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Luke should retire now, but I expect him to try to finish the season. It's a shame to see his career cut short.

Looks like he is going to play tomorrow.

1st team All-Pro!
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm

MattHass would be a decent choice. But, kinda weird to have 2, white, bald guys from Mass in the booth.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 03, 2018 4:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Emmet Cleary signed to the Giants PS.

pretty cool story on cleary:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -a-doctor/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Mehdi made the Titans

https://canadafootballchat.com/at-26yrs ... g-the-nfl/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:46 am

How good is CB Kamrin Moore? As stated in another thread, I am new here...my son will be coming up this Fall as a freshman from New Orleans and my Saints drafted Kamrin this year. With camp starting today, I was wondering your thoughts on how good of a player he is...in the past, secondary was a weakness for the Saints but after an overhaul last year, it is now a strength on their young defense, and I'm curious as to whether or not he will be on the final roster or just a practice squad player?
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 am

Darren6 {l Wrote}:How good is CB Kamrin Moore? As stated in another thread, I am new here...my son will be coming up this Fall as a freshman from New Orleans and my Saints drafted Kamrin this year. With camp starting today, I was wondering your thoughts on how good of a player he is...in the past, secondary was a weakness for the Saints but after an overhaul last year, it is now a strength on their young defense, and I'm curious as to whether or not he will be on the final roster or just a practice squad player?

BC has has a good history with DBs making teams lately - Justin Simmons with the Broncos, John Johnson with the Rams, but those have been safeties. BC has never really done well with CBs in the pros historically - this year was the first two I can remember being drafted since Will Blackmon. For a long time they played base 4-3/cover two on every down, so they didn't need to recruit top athletes. Moore was recruited to play in Don Brown's blitz happy scheme, and the new DC has stuck with a lot of man coverage. Moore was a very good one on one cover corner in the ACC. He's also evidently a smart guy. Whether he is athletic enough to play on the outside in the NFL, especially with some of the leg problems he had sophomore and senior years, remains to be seen.

I suspect his ability to stick initially will largely turn on whether he can contribute on special teams - he's not a returner, but if he commits to ST coverage units, he's a good enough DB that he might be woth a spot on the 53 man roster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Los on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:14 pm

DeJuan Tribble was the last NFL-caliber corner I can remember at BC, but even then I'm not sure I'd consider him a "shutdown" corner. He was more of a "ball hawk" that was able to use to his athleticism to create takeaways and other impact plays.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Los {l Wrote}:DeJuan Tribble was the last NFL-caliber corner I can remember at BC, but even then I'm not sure I'd consider him a "shutdown" corner. He was more of a "ball hawk" that was able to use to his athleticism to create takeaways and other impact plays.

Yeah, he was a route-jumper in the cover-two. Poor man's Asante Samuel.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Darren6 {l Wrote}:How good is CB Kamrin Moore? As stated in another thread, I am new here...my son will be coming up this Fall as a freshman from New Orleans and my Saints drafted Kamrin this year. With camp starting today, I was wondering your thoughts on how good of a player he is...in the past, secondary was a weakness for the Saints but after an overhaul last year, it is now a strength on their young defense, and I'm curious as to whether or not he will be on the final roster or just a practice squad player?

BC has has a good history with DBs making teams lately - Justin Simmons with the Broncos, John Johnson with the Rams, but those have been safeties. BC has never really done well with CBs in the pros historically - this year was the first two I can remember being drafted since Will Blackmon. For a long time they played base 4-3/cover two on every down, so they didn't need to recruit top athletes. Moore was recruited to play in Don Brown's blitz happy scheme, and the new DC has stuck with a lot of man coverage. Moore was a very good one on one cover corner in the ACC. He's also evidently a smart guy. Whether he is athletic enough to play on the outside in the NFL, especially with some of the leg problems he had sophomore and senior years, remains to be seen.

I suspect his ability to stick initially will largely turn on whether he can contribute on special teams - he's not a returner, but if he commits to ST coverage units, he's a good enough DB that he might be woth a spot on the 53 man roster.

Agree with this and would add that he was also very good against the run. I thought his NCST injury was a shoulder?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agree with this and would add that he was also very good against the run. I thought his NCST injury was a shoulder?

You are correct, it was a shoulder. Agree, he can tackle and run support, which is why I think he might be able to play special teams. He's definitely not a prima donna corner.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Herzlich cut
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Kam Moore cut by Saints, but claimed by Giants.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:54 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Ryan Quigley signed with the Vikings

Released
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:am i oblivious? i had no idea brian mihalik is starting LT for the lions

Waived
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:52 am

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:Kam Moore cut by Saints, but claimed by Giants.

Interesting Moore was cut by the Saints, he was considered one of the top rookie performers along with Landry.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1037524790347743233
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:47 am

Johnson got a lot of TV time last night, with 9 tackles and a pick. Of course that was the direct result of Carr going away from Peters and Talib to Cook, who had 180 yards receiving leading to most of those 9 tackles.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Los on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Johnson got a lot of TV time last night, with 9 tackles and a pick. Of course that was the direct result of Carr going away from Peters and Talib to Cook, who had 180 yards receiving leading to most of those 9 tackles.

Tessitore made it a point to get a BC name drop in there too which was nice.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Waived

Signed to Giants practice squad.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Herzlich cut

He's in the ESPN studio today. Is he retiring from the NFL?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Brian Flores not too impressive after his first 2 games as DC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:57 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Brian Flores not too impressive after his first 2 games as DC.

He's better than the guy he replaced. That said that loss was on the wuss playing QB
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Brian Flores not too impressive after his first 2 games as DC.

That said that loss was on the wuss playing QB

At least you are consistent: always wrong.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That said that loss was on the wuss playing QB

At least you are consistent: always wrong.

Yeah, no. Brady played scared. Pretty typical for him. He's Matt Ryan with talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium