BC players in the NFL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC players in the NFL

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Surprised that Quigley isn't catching on with a team. Has had a decent average in the NFL, gets a lot of punts inside the 20.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Silberman to the Pats practice squad
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:00 am

Matt Ryan NFC offensive player of the month. Glad to his good start of the season with the 'Falcons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-month/
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Silberman cut off the Pats practice squad.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:57 pm

matt ryan with over 500 yards passing today. looked real sharp on some deep balls.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:04 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Silberman cut off the Pats practice squad.

resigned to the ps yesterday.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 am

Matty is putting up some incredible numbers. Through five games he is averaging 10.4 yards per pass. No NFL quarterback has averaged 10 yards a pass in a season since Norm Van Brocklin averaged 10.1 yards a pass with the 1954 Los Angeles Rams. Julio Jones has a lot to do with it. Let's see if he can keep up this pace.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Matty is putting up some incredible numbers. Through five games he is averaging 10.4 yards per pass. No NFL quarterback has averaged 10 yards a pass in a season since Norm Van Brocklin averaged 10.1 yards a pass with the 1954 Los Angeles Rams. Julio Jones has a lot to do with it. Let's see if he can keep up this pace.

julio is stretching the field. tamme, freeman and especially coleman are getting a lot of catch and run balls underneath. fun team to watch right now.

we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:25 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Matty is putting up some incredible numbers. Through five games he is averaging 10.4 yards per pass. No NFL quarterback has averaged 10 yards a pass in a season since Norm Van Brocklin averaged 10.1 yards a pass with the 1954 Los Angeles Rams. Julio Jones has a lot to do with it. Let's see if he can keep up this pace.

julio is stretching the field. tamme, freeman and especially coleman are getting a lot of catch and run balls underneath. fun team to watch right now.

For the first time in a few years, the D is also getting them the ball back.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:00 pm

interesting article on some of the things kpl has dealt with in his life and what he dealt with while at bc

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... gh-things/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:interesting article on some of the things kpl has dealt with in his life and what he dealt with while at bc

BC Guy.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:interesting article on some of the things kpl has dealt with in his life and what he dealt with while at bc

BC Guy.

This. Tough read.Wish the best for this guy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Silberman cut off the Pats practice squad.

resigned to the ps yesterday.

Released yesterday.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:29 am

Just saw this. Wow.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Quigley and Momah both busy in the most BC-looking game of a very BC-esque NFL season. I think Wetzel was out there too.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 am

anyone else worried that luke's face had a "I'm never playing football again" look to it last night?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:anyone else worried that luke's face had a "I'm never playing football again" look to it last night?

Yes, I was just about to post this. He probably made a promise to himself that he would quit if he was concussed again.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:22 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:anyone else worried that luke's face had a "I'm never playing football again" look to it last night?

Yes, I was just about to post this. He probably made a promise to himself that he would quit if he was concussed again.

i figured it might be his doctors that told him that but, yeah, same thing...

i'm hoping he was still in shock over the hit but worry that sometime in the next couple of days/weeks we may get a retirement announcement out of luke
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i'm hoping he was still in shock over the hit but worry that sometime in the next couple of days/weeks we may get a retirement announcement out of luke

Does anyone have video of the hit that led to the concussion? It was not the play where he stayed down and was carted off the field. Nonetheless... it sure seemed that Luke was painfully aware of what had happened and what it meant for his future.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:36 am

I agree, but I am not worried about it. Good for him if he protects his brain.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:37 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Does anyone have video of the hit that led to the concussion? It was not the play where he stayed down and was carted off the field. Nonetheless... it sure seemed that Luke was painfully aware of what had happened and what it meant for his future.

The articles say the hit that caused it was Hightower's helmet hitting the facemask. On that same play, Davis hit him in the back of the head.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:41 am

i wasn't watching last night but watched the video of the hit, but i thought the combo of helmet directly to the chest and back of the head against a helmet is what caused it. was it another play?

unfortunately agreed on luke
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

The articles say the hit that caused it was Hightower's helmet hitting the facemask. On that same play, Davis hit him in the back of the head.

Hightower's head went from face mask to chest so he also had the wind knocked out of him, in addition to the Davis hit in the back of the head

I feel for the kid
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

There is also a condition, the name of which I don't remember but Tonto could probably provide, that sometimes affects the recently concussed and is characterized by involuntary/uncontrollable crying, laughing or the like. It was described to an unfortunate teammate as "emotional incontinence," though I don't think that's a scientific name. Scary shit.

Obviously I hope he's fine, but in all honesty there's a part of me that hopes he retires even if he is. I'm having an increasingly hard time watching football lately, and not just for Addazio-related reasons.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agree, but I am not worried about it. Good for him if he protects his brain.

this
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:16 pm

For what it's worth, Thomas Davis just tweeted a selfie with Luke, and Luke is looking much better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM9XAxojY0x/
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:There is also a condition, the name of which I don't remember but Tonto could probably provide, that sometimes affects the recently concussed and is characterized by involuntary/uncontrollable crying, laughing or the like. It was described to an unfortunate teammate as "emotional incontinence," though I don't think that's a scientific name. Scary shit.

Obviously I hope he's fine, but in all honesty there's a part of me that hopes he retires even if he is. I'm having an increasingly hard time watching football lately, and not just for Addazio-related reasons.

This happened to me when I was 14. Weird and scary. On the bright side, I turned out fine. :shock:

Luke's a smart guy. He'll do what's right for himself.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:11 pm

bring him in as head coach.

he has locker room DISCIPLINE experience
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:18 pm

The NFL is such a fucking meatgrinder.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:52 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:There is also a condition, the name of which I don't remember but Tonto could probably provide, that sometimes affects the recently concussed and is characterized by involuntary/uncontrollable crying, laughing or the like. It was described to an unfortunate teammate as "emotional incontinence," though I don't think that's a scientific name. Scary shit.

This happened to me when I was 14. Weird and scary. On the bright side, I turned out fine. :shock:

Luke's a smart guy. He'll do what's right for himself.

Yes Luke is a smart guy. As expected he spoke very well at his jersey retirement day and thanking those involved with his success. He most likely saved his money and can retire. Luke do what is best for you but retirement from the NFL is a good idea.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium