Groupons are back

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Groupons are back

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 am

Tickets are available for less than the cost of the season ticket price. Again.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-boston-college-2
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Re: Groupons are back

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Hard to believe we need this for Pittsburgh on a Friday night,
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:35 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Hard to believe we need this for Pittsburgh on a Friday night,

Disagree on that Pitt game. It's a huge hassle getting to BC on a Friday Night.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Add to it, the game is a 7:00 kick opposed to 8:00. These Friday night games essentially eliminate anyone who is working and lives outside 495. Being local, I don't have a problem with the game and it frees up Saturday but it is a tough sell.

Personally, I have no problems with the groupons, get the stadiums filled by any means possible.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:09 pm

the 7 pm start time is an absolute disaster.

did anyone read bates' blog or whatever / have insight as to his wristband & assigned spots shea comment?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Add to it, the game is a 7:00 kick opposed to 8:00. These Friday night games essentially eliminate anyone who is working and lives outside 495. Being local, I don't have a problem with the game and it frees up Saturday but it is a tough sell.

Personally, I have no problems with the groupons, get the stadiums filled by any means possible.

Even from where I am 7 pm isn't really a possibility. 8 pm would be fine.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:did anyone read bates' blog or whatever / have insight as to his wristband & assigned spots shea comment?

Saw that and was wondering what that means for people looking to walk on - do those people get priority access with bottles of water allowed or does that mean no wristband = no access?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Hard to believe we need this for Pittsburgh on a Friday night,

You are right, I thought about heading up from NJ after I posted, but I would have to basically leave work at noon. The problem becomes finding a friend to also do so, because my wife wont let the kids miss school week 1.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:55 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:did anyone read bates' blog or whatever / have insight as to his wristband & assigned spots shea comment?

Saw that and was wondering what that means for people looking to walk on - do those people get priority access with bottles of water allowed or does that mean no wristband = no access?

this is what I'm wondering.

i very much hope its the former. i can't imagine no wristband = no access. what i do know is shea pass holders were given 10 wristbands. maybe it means you can bring beer on if you have a wristband?

i know very few tailgates that are under 10 people so i can't imagine that no wristband = no access. that'd make no sense at all.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

this is what I'm wondering.

i very much hope its the former. i can't imagine no wristband = no access. what i do know is shea pass holders were given 10 wristbands. maybe it means you can bring beer on if you have a wristband?

i know very few tailgates that are under 10 people so i can't imagine that no wristband = no access. that'd make no sense at all.

Agreed, it's not very clear and on a second reading I'm thinking it means limited access - who requested more restrictive policies than Gene ever implemented?

Bates {l Wrote}: By request, we are implementing a Shea Field parking grid and special guest access through wristbands so our fans can specifically identify who they want to attend their tailgate.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You are right, I thought about heading up from NJ after I posted, but I would have to basically leave work at noon. The problem becomes finding a friend to also do so, because my wife wont let the kids miss school week 1.

I'm maybe 45 minutes from campus, but with Friday Night traffic and the inevitable disaster around campus, I'd just about miss the entire first quarter.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 am

It seems that the 10 wristbands give people easier access to shea field via a special line where they are not punching tickets.

This does not mean that shea access is limited to only wristband holders, but rather ticketholders without a wristband will have to wait in the customary line.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:It seems that the 10 wristbands give people easier access to shea field via a special line where they are not punching tickets.

This does not mean that shea access is limited to only wristband holders, but rather ticketholders without a wristband will have to wait in the customary line.

Does each group get 10 wristbands regardless? Our group received 10 wristbands, but I believed it was because 10 of us paid into the parking spot. I could be wrong.

Of course, the wrist bands still won't let you walk alcohol onto Shea Field.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:39 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:It seems that the 10 wristbands give people easier access to shea field via a special line where they are not punching tickets.

Does each group get 10 wristbands regardless? Our group received 10 wristbands, but I believed it was because 10 of us paid into the parking spot. I could be wrong.

I was under the impression that each tailgate spot on Shea received 10 wristbands regardless of how many people are on the donation list of the tailgate spot.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

we got 10 and were not 10 so I think that's the norm
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle216 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:24 am

This seems like a sensible attempt thing to try. The anti-fun police are concerned with Shea being flooded with random losers and drunks with no tickets, who are just looking to rage, especially for the big games. Checking tickets was a way to combat this. Now, the 10 wristband thing permits similar control with less hassle. I am not saying its a perfect solution, but it does indicate that the Bradster is trying, and more importantly, that he is at least aware of the complaints.

Keep in mind I am far from a Shea expert - I may have been on there only a few times since I drank some beers with Brian Leetch during the 94 lockout, while practically deep throating him for winning us the Cup.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 am

agreed, wasn't it ND a couple of years back where they hit capacity and people who donated weren't allowed to walk on?

seems like a smart change
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 pm

the intelligent thing to do would be to scan tickets instead of putting holes in them

nd shitshow happened (and continues to happen for big games) bc people buy one ticket, print it 50 times, and only tailgate

10 people max per tailgate will never happen because of 1. the logistics of getting wristbands to different people each week and 2. the fact that if you donate a minimum of 3500 to park on campus for 7 games, youre gonna wanna have whoever the fuck you so please at your tailgate. as you should
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:35 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:the intelligent thing to do would be to scan tickets instead of putting holes in them

nd shitshow happened (and continues to happen for big games) bc people buy one ticket, print it 50 times, and only tailgate

10 people max per tailgate will never happen because of 1. the logistics of getting wristbands to different people each week and 2. the fact that if you donate a minimum of 3500 to park on campus for 7 games, youre gonna wanna have whoever the fuck you so please at your tailgate. as you should

only 3500 gets you a spot a shea these days
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:00 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the intelligent thing to do would be to scan tickets instead of putting holes in them

feel like it was 5000 during the ryan years no?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

1750 for GOLD Alumni
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

1750 for GOLD Alumni

it is with respect for your wisdom and power that i still feel that i must acknowledge...

FUCKING NERDS!!!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:28 am

I missed tailgate and parking and games start time bitch fest threads.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:34 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

1750 for GOLD Alumni

BC can do this because quidditch brooms take up less space than an SUV.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:52 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

i am almost positive that it was 5k back in '01... and those were :toby years
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:56 am

said this on atl when people were comparing non saturday home games, people underestimate the amount of damage spaz did to the season ticket holder base, believe it was ~10k lost.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:said this on atl when people were comparing non saturday home games, people underestimate the amount of damage spaz did to the season ticket holder base, believe it was ~10k lost.

Been away for three seasons now and I haven't renewed yet, although this year was not because of the product on the field. To many conflicts for the upperdeck endzone crew
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:said this on atl when people were comparing non saturday home games, people underestimate the amount of damage spaz did to the season ticket holder base, believe it was ~10k lost.

Been away for three seasons now and I haven't renewed yet, although this year was not because of the product on the field. To many conflicts for the upperdeck endzone crew

cinco de septiembre celebrations?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No

oh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next