Iowa State and Death

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Iowa State and Death

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:43 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Re: Iowa State and Death

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am

Like the drummers in Spinal Tap. I was particularly amused by the RB who died from drinking ethanol--that is an Iowa way to die. It's too bad. I prefer the folks in Ames to the idiots in Iowa City--although both places are much nicer than you would ever figure anything in Iowa could be.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:56 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Like the drummers in Spinal Tap. I was particularly amused by the RB who died from drinking ethanol--that is an Iowa way to die. It's too bad. I prefer the folks in Ames to the idiots in Iowa City--although both places are much nicer than you would ever figure anything in Iowa could be.

I have never been to Iowa, and at this point in my life, I am reasonably sure I never will. There is no airport for me to stop over in. No highway that I will drive through. No mountains that I would want to ski. No cities I would like to visit. No professional teams to road trip to.

In fact, using the above metrics, its probably the least likely state for me to step foot in.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:23 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Like the drummers in Spinal Tap. I was particularly amused by the RB who died from drinking ethanol--that is an Iowa way to die. It's too bad. I prefer the folks in Ames to the idiots in Iowa City--although both places are much nicer than you would ever figure anything in Iowa could be.

I have never been to Iowa, and at this point in my life, I am reasonably sure I never will. There is no airport for me to stop over in. No highway that I will drive through. No mountains that I would want to ski. No cities I would like to visit. No professional teams to road trip to.

In fact, using the above metrics, its probably the least likely state for me to step foot in.

the college world series is right across the river. if i liked sports i might have a chance of stopping in iowa but... you know how that goes.

the berkshire hathaway annual meeting is also a stone's throw from the booming metropolis that is council cluffs iowa. if buffet would just hurry up and purchase us blockheads... maybe we'll get to stop by for a company wide meet & greet

ps - iowa's neighboring states don't claim that the state acronym is Idiots Out Walking Around for no good reason
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:

the college world series is right across the river. if i liked sports i might have a chance of stopping in iowa but... you know how that goes.

the berkshire hathaway annual meeting is also a stone's throw from the booming metropolis that is council cluffs iowa. if buffet would just hurry up and purchase us blockheads... maybe we'll get to stop by for a company wide meet & greet

ps - iowa's neighboring states don't claim that the state acronym is Idiots Out Walking Around for no good reason

When I was in Omaha on business, I was surprised how easy it was to take one wrong turn and end up in Iowa.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:01 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:

When I was in Omaha on business, I was surprised how easy it was to take one wrong turn and end up in Iowa.

from what i understand, if you fly into omaha you have to drive through iowa to get to the downtown omaha area
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:

from what i understand, if you fly into omaha you have to drive through iowa to get to the downtown omaha area

this is counter-intuitive since logic would suggest all roads in that part of the country are dead straight (unlike tre).

what's also counter-intuitive is the fact that the mascot for the Iowa State Cyclones is a cardinal. And the cardinal has teeth for some reason.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium