Herzy book

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Herzy book

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Anyone read the Herzy book? I finished it over vacation.

Some random thoughts:

-Acknowledgement of TOB and Spaz in introduction but nothing ooe n Jags
-TOB comes off poorly in regard to injuries, seems to have created an environment where you don't go to the medical staff as you are supposed to play hurt. Who is the kid whose career he essentially ended? Reminded me of him, but forgot his name.
-Codi Boek is Herzy's best friend. I had no idea.
-The medical staff are morons. He kept complaining about his leg, but no one bothered to take an MRI as they assumed it was a flare up related to a previous back injury
-His mom is the hero of the book. She was the one who changed his medical care from the BC staff to doctors in Philadelphia. They were the ones who ordered the MRI that found the cancer.
-When times were worst, it was his Mom who actually had a legitimate plan to find out what was happening to him. His Dad's contribution was to tell him to go to City Side and get absolutely loaded.
-Some of his fellow BC players thought he was faking his injury initially to get out spring ball. This in the offseason where he won the ACC defensive player of the year. He was confronted by one of his teammates - can't remember who - about this.
-Spends a lot of time talking about Lacrosse in general, but nothing too specific. I thought there would be a big chapter about deciding between the two games at the collegiate level or trying to play both.
-I always thought he was an original commitment to UVA but then switched. He doesn't mention it so I am wondering if I am wrong about that.

I finished a few weeks ago but hadn't had time to post until recently.

Anyone else read?

Pretty good, I recommend it for a BC fan.

-DrJack.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Herzy book

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Who is the kid whose career he essentially ended? Reminded me of him, but forgot his name.

That would be Ryan Glasper.

I haven't read the book, mainly because I thought it would be a rehash of everything I heard following him closely as a BC fan. Your review makes it sound like it may still be worth my time.

It's disconcerting that no one will go on record about the Jags era.

Further evidence of the BC sports medicine staff's incompetence is downright horrifying.

I'd love to know who had the balls to accuse Herzy of faking.

With regard to herzylax... wow.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...With regard to herzylax... wow.

and WE'RE the cesspool of hate
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:-I always thought he was an original commitment to UVA but then switched. He doesn't mention it so I am wondering if I am wrong about that.

-DrJack.

He did.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 am

Hard to know how justified are Herzlich's apparent criticisms of the medical staff, but it is something for the BC administration to look into.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:23 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Hard to know how justified are Herzlich's apparent criticisms of the medical staff, but it is something for the BC administration to look into.

The fact that it's a recurring theme is concerning. It seems year in and year out we're hearing horror stories about the medical staff.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 am

I heard that Daz has moved away from St. Es and now Mass Gen is the affiliated hospital.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I heard that Daz has moved away from St. Es and now Mass Gen is the affiliated hospital.

If this is true, it's about time. Somewhat odd though that the head football coach can make that call.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby fs33 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Who is the kid whose career he essentially ended? Reminded me of him, but forgot his name.

I haven't read the book, mainly because I thought it would be a rehash of everything I heard following him closely as a BC fan. Your review makes it sound like it may still be worth my time.

Further evidence of the BC sports medicine staff's incompetence is downright horrifying.

Bowman was the player that accused Herzlich of faking. In the context, it sounded like he was the messenger and more than a few players felt that way.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:-Codi Boek is Herzy's best friend. I had no idea.

Does he address the pronounciation of Codi's last name? Is it "Boek" like in "Boat," or is it "Boek" like in "Deck?" No matter the answer, I'm going with the "Boat" version.

And for the record, he was worse than Crane.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am

fs33 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Bowman was the player that accused Herzlich of faking. In the context, it sounded like he was the messenger and more than a few players felt that way.

I'm surprised to hear it was someone on the defense.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:09 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Does he address the pronounciation of Codi's last name? Is it "Boek" like in "Boat," or is it "Boek" like in "Deck?" No matter the answer, I'm going with the "Boat" version.

Its the other way. Boek, like the crappy musician
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

How the HELL is "Boek" pronounced "free-lee"?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:... "free-lee"?

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Bowman was fantastic. I still can't understand how he never played on Sundays. Ran well enough, hit like a f'ing truck, solid instincts. I guess this is why I not on an NFL coaching staff. BC needs more Bowman types. Kids who give you a damn good 4 to 5 years and just miss the NFL. We get Bowman types, we stay in the Top 25 and make the every 5 to 7 year run at the ACC title.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I actually saw said crappy musician live at the Monterey, CA Fairgrounds last weekend. Right up there with Vanilla Ice performing at McElroy my freshman year
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I actually saw said crappy musician live at the Monterey, CA Fairgrounds last weekend. Right up there with Vanilla Ice performing at McElroy my freshman year

meaning you did body shots off beck's taint too?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am

Herzy seems to be right on the borderline of being cut/making the team. Just for the heck of it, in other updates: Andre obviously making the team and pushing for a starting job, Freese won the kicker battle and hit 2 50 yarders last night, Momah probably going to be cut in Philly, ALJ has a real chance to make the team in Chicago (who would have thought a guy who couldn't get on the field for OUR secondary could make an NFL roster?), KPL seems to be safe in Seattle, I read the Saints like Edebali so if he gets cut they are likely to at least keep him on the practice squad, and Ramsey has been injured but SF has had a lot of other injuries to D linemen so he may still have a shot there...not sure how the O-lineman grads are doing. And BJ Raji out for the season in GB :cry: :cry:

Go eagles :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:08 am

pantale looks to be practice squad for jets, Quigley probably will start
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:10 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Don't you mean in the Rat?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Herzy seems to be right on the borderline of being cut/making the team. Just for the heck of it, in other updates: Andre obviously making the team and pushing for a starting job, Freese won the kicker battle and hit 2 50 yarders last night, Momah probably going to be cut in Philly, ALJ has a real chance to make the team in Chicago (who would have thought a guy who couldn't get on the field for OUR secondary could make an NFL roster?), KPL seems to be safe in Seattle, I read the Saints like Edebali so if he gets cut they are likely to at least keep him on the practice squad, and Ramsey has been injured but SF has had a lot of other injuries to D linemen so he may still have a shot there...not sure how the O-lineman grads are doing. And BJ Raji out for the season in GB :cry: :cry:

Go eagles :screamyeagle

Pretty sure Ramsey was placed on IR earlier in the week.

With the expanded practice squad I expect a couple of these guys will end up there
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby IgnacioA26er on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Yeah, it was in the Rat.

Go ninja, go ninja, Go!
IgnacioA26er
n00b

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:41 pm

IgnacioA26er {l Wrote}:Yeah, it was in the Rat.

Go ninja, go ninja, Go!

Didn't he refuse to do the ninja rap?
or was that a different song?

p.s. IIRC, i saw vanilla ice perform at least two (maybe three) times during my time on the Heights....
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Just got pissed at an article about Michael Sam. Said he should go to the Giantsm that they NEED him at LB and he is better than Kiwi as a pass rusher. Somehow they said he was the #1 DE in the league and didnt make the team.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium