SEASON PREDICTION THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: SEASON PREDICTION THREAD

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Sept. 5 (Fri.) PITTSBURGH* L the offense is handed its first challenge and shows they don't yet have their big boy legs under them yet

i didn't.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Sept. 5 (Fri.) PITTSBURGH* L the offense is handed its first challenge and shows they don't yet have their big boy legs under them yet

i didn't.

Good for you. One more game like that and you will catch up.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 am

WEEK 2: Pitt 30 - BC 2
Pre-game Board Predictions - 11/20 picked BC(including the 2 late-to-the-game posters). 55% wrong!
Winners: ReverendMike, eepstein0, TRE, hinghameagle, DavidGordonsFoot, EagleDave, 31soutst, AdamBC, tallsy
Losers: CommAveGarage, hansen, BCMurt, jhiggi02, EndlessMike, JesuitIvy, footer 20, BCSUPERFAN22, Cadillac90, OnyxBlackman...and dtwalrus.
Prediction Gems:
- TRE pretty on the money with, "the offense is handed its first challenge and shows they don't yet have their big boy legs under them yet" on the road to his 5-7 prediction.
- jhiggi02 with some crow-eating: "BC slugs out a victory behind the three headed monster that will be Willis-Hillman-Outlow." Think we all wish that had worked out, but boy was that off...
- footer20 with the trifecta of wrong: "Close win. Defense plays big again, while Murphy and Willis do just enough to pull it out."
- dtwalrus wondering if the preseason experts might be right after all: "All that preseason 6th in the division bullshit fires up the team for the ACC opener."
- OnyxBlackman's 10-2 prediction is surprisingly endangered, but at least the widely well-received new video boards may console him: "The QB tandem of Palko and Sunseri scares me, but the debut of the bigger Techmo Bowl guy inspires our boys to victory."

WEEK 2 PRE-SEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
2-0 ReverendMike
2-0 eepstein0
2-0 TRE
2-0 hinghameagle
2-0 DavidGordonsFoot
2-0 EagleDave
2-0 31southst
2-0 AdamBC
2-0 tallsy
1-1 hansen
1-1 CommAveGarage
1-1 BCMurt
1-1 jhiggi02
1-1 Endless Mike
1-1 Jesuit Ivy
1-1 footer20
1-1 dtwalrus
1-1 BCSUPERFAN22
1-1 Cadillac90
1-1 OnyxBlackman

And with the few late add on's to the thread before Pitt game time, here's the final updated game-by-game board confidences:
100% Win over UMass
100% Win over Maine
90% Win over Syracuse
90% Win over Wake
80% Win over NCST
75% Win over Colorada St.
55% Win over Pitt
60% Loss to Louisville
80% Loss to VT
85% Loss to Clemson
85% Loss to USC
100% Loss to FSU
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:23 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:10-2?

in all seriousness, this is how i see the season:

Sept. 5 (Fri.) PITTSBURGH* W... my gut says loss but my heart says win
Sept. 13 USC L... closer than last year
Sept. 20 MAINE W
Sept. 27 COLORADO STATE W... thank god this game is at home
Oct. 11 at NC State* L... first road loss of the season
Oct. 18 CLEMSON* L... will be closer than expected
Oct. 25 at Wake Forest* W... should be a W but on the road expect it to be closer than expected
Nov. 1 at Virginia Tech * L... lane stadium does not go quiet this year
Nov. 8 LOUISVILLE* L... probably will be the biggest loss of the year
Nov. 22 at Florida State* L... im sure someone will get arrested or kicked off their team by the time we play them; still a loss
Nov. 29 SYRACUSE* W... one of our 6 wins

another 6 win season, bowl game, and a victory in bitcoin bowl

after USC, how could we not go 10-2 :dildodog

after several bad losses by ACC teams (i'm looking at you Louisville, VPI), i think we will have a great chance to win all our remaining games with the exception of FSU (too much talent and on the road in front of 81K). will this happen? no of course not. but i'm definitely thinking we win at least 7 games with a chance at 8. and THAT would be huge considering the expectations going into the year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 am

I'm feeling like 6-6 or 7-5 feels good after they made up for that bad Pitt loss. Although Pitt's schedule is so bad that they may look good by the end.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 am

Whole lot of people going to be very, very happy to eat crow this week.

WEEK 3: BC 37 - USC 31
Pre-game Board Predictions - 17/20 picked BC to LOSE. 85% wrong! 3 delusional posters proving the broken clock theorem!
Winners: JesuitIvy, Cadillac90, and OnyxBlackman
Losers: NOBODY.
Prediction Gems:
First, the svengalis:
- Cadillac90 felt no need to justify his win prediction en route to a 10-2 season prediction.
- Who'd have thought that OnyxBlackman was selling our boys short while predicting a win but tempering it with "USC mails this one in."
- JesuitIvy with the pick of the week: "total flyer but coming to the east coast and playing Stanford the week before, plus Sarkasian's "racism" add up."

Now, just to really highlight how little we expected this one:
- dtwalrus perfectly content to undersell the team: "Loss. But up in the air in the 4th. Fun game and close loss = moral victory."
- Hope TRE was at the game to see how off he was with "horrible tailgate atmosphere sends a hush over the crowd and team."
- hinghameagle was just a bit off with this gem: "Curb stomping. Dazz will do the TOB and play to keep it close. It wont be. Murphy is on notice. Oline is not gelling as expected."
- footer20 gets partial credit: "Going to be ugly again. One of the freshman (guessing Hilliman) has a bright game."
- BCMurt was at least partly right in predicting that it would be loud! "A late game surge by BC to go ahead is cut short when the neighbors call in a noise complaint and the game is delayed when the police show up."
- Reverend Mike was among the more optimistic of the naysayers: "We stay close with USC for 1 quarter. They get tired in the 2nd half and we lose 41-17."
- jhiggi perhaps happiest of all to be wrong: "Receivers can't get open, running game gets shut down, defense looks a step too slow and lacks enough depth ; reality begins creeping back in, we are 2 years away from contending with the 'big boys,'"......well except about the receivers.

WEEK 3 PRE-SEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
2-1 Cadillac90
2-1 Jesuit Ivy
2-1 OnyxBlackman
2-1 ReverendMike
2-1 eepstein0
2-1 TRE
2-1 hinghameagle
2-1 DavidGordonsFoot
2-1 EagleDave
2-1 31southst
2-1 AdamBC
2-1 tallsy
1-2 hansen
1-2 CommAveGarage
1-2 BCMurt
1-2 jhiggi02
1-2 Endless Mike
1-2 footer20
1-2 dtwalrus
1-2 BCSUPERFAN22

*** That's right: not a single preseason prediction for this path to two wins and one loss for the Eagles ****

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Maine Black Bears at BC Golden Eagles
100% Win over Maine
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:01 am

was hinghameagle the one that told me that Harold Landry wasn't ready to play? Just checking, I know the answer already.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Boring week, but I'll post it anyway just on principle.

WEEK 4: BC 40 - Maine 10
Pre-game Board Predictions - 20/20 picked BC. 100%!
Winners: Everyone.
Losers:
Prediction Gems:
- jhiggi beat me out with: "Wade gets some solid garbage time."
- while I went with: "Darius Wade plays sloppy in scrub time and many call for Flutie as backup."
- footer20 did fairly well with: "Very ugly, slow game but BC running backs finally break out for massive rushing output."
- and Onyx wins the prize: "Shitty game, but a fun day is had by everyone in New England."

3-1 Cadillac90
3-1 Jesuit Ivy
3-1 OnyxBlackman
3-1 ReverendMike
3-1 eepstein0
3-1 TRE
3-1 hinghameagle
3-1 DavidGordonsFoot
3-1 EagleDave
3-1 31southst
3-1 AdamBC
3-1 tallsy
2-2 hansen
2-2 CommAveGarage
2-2 BCMurt
2-2 jhiggi02
2-2 Endless Mike
2-2 footer20
2-2 dtwalrus
2-2 BCSUPERFAN22

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Colorada State Rams at BC
75% Predicted a BC Win

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:35 pm

This one kinda hurts...

WEEK 5: Colorado St 24 - BC 21
Pre-game Board Predictions - 15/20 picked BC. 75% incorrect.
"Winners": eepstein0, hinghameagle, DavidGordonsFoot, CommAveGarage, tallsy
Losers: ReverendMike, TRE, EagleDave, 31soutst, AdamBC, hansen, BCMurt, jhiggi02, EndlessMike, JesuitIvy, footer 20, BCSUPERFAN22, Cadillac90, OnyxBlackman...and dtwalrus.
Prediction Gems:
- DavidGordonsFoot with the poor consolation: "CSU is better than everyone thinks."
- Don't know what to make of tallsy's: "Better than you think, but still a WTF loss."
- jhiggi02 was so close..."State's legs look a bit stiff getting off the bus yet they give the fighting dazlers a scare through 3, BC pulls away in the 4th."
- I really thought I was going to nail this one with "Big scare game, but come up with some home field magic."
- And OnyxBlackman: "I completely forgot that we were playing these guys. Fuck Bradlee Van Pelt."

4-1 tallsy (predicting a 6-6 season)
4-1 eepstein0 (predicting a 4-8 season)
4-1 hinghameagle (predicting a 5-7 season)
4-1 DavidGordonsFoot (pedicting a 6-6 season)
3-2 CommAveGarage
3-2 Cadillac90
3-2 Jesuit Ivy
3-2 OnyxBlackman
3-2 ReverendMike
3-2 TRE
3-2 EagleDave
3-2 31southst
3-2 AdamBC
2-3 hansen
2-3 BCMurt
2-3 jhiggi02
2-3 Endless Mike
2-3 footer20
2-3 dtwalrus
2-3 BCSUPERFAN22

Week 5 Actual Win-Loss Record Vs. Predicted Win-Loss Record
20% predicted 2-3
30% predicted 3-2
35% predicted 4-1
15% predicted 5-0

Next, Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Boston College at North Carolina Wolfpack
80% Predicted a BC Win

:81 :screamyeagle :81 :screamyeagle :81 :screamyeagle :81
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 pm

I think I was off by one game, 5-7 feels right. Oh well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:19 am

Yeah, that may have been bowl eligibility if they are going to continue to play to that level of shittiness. If they can find the team that ran a perimeter running offense against USC, they might get 6.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 pm

I don't see any margin for error at this point. Need NCST, Wake and Cuse for 6
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't see any margin for error at this point. Need NCST, Wake and Cuse for 6

These are must wins now. I still think we can steal one of Louisville and VT, all depends which BC team shows up that day.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:- Daz will goof up clock management to the point it costs us a game (probably Wake).

looking back at predictions, this proved to be accurate
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't see any margin for error at this point. Need NCST, Wake and Cuse for 6

These are must wins now. I still think we can steal one of Louisville and VT, all depends which BC team shows up that day.

BC plays horribly down there (save for Thursday Nights). As bad as I think VT is, I can't see us winning there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:08 pm

After the USC and CSU games, as well as the Pitt game (considering they lost to Akron and Iowa), I have no fucking clue which games we are winning and which games we are not. We can win or lose every game left on the schedule. Even the FSU game - they look no where near are good as last year, gave up a shit ton of points and yards to NCSU, and Winston seems to be in a post Heisman funk.

Think about this - every single game we have played so far, except for the two good for NE games, which you can't really count, has gone against chalk. We will be either 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 I am fairly sure. But predicting each game is a complete crap shoot.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Back to the feel goods!

WEEK 7: BC 30 - NCST - 14
Preseason Board Predictions - 16/20 picked BC. 80% on the money.
Winners: DavidGordonsFoot, tallsy, TRE, EagleDave, 31soutst, AdamBC, hansen, BCMurt, jhiggi02, EndlessMike, JesuitIvy, footer 20, BCSUPERFAN22, Cadillac90, OnyxBlackman...and dtwalrus.
Losers: ReverendMike, eepstein0, hinghameagle, CommAveGarage -- Karma for three of these cynics who might've been proud of predicting last week's loss to CSU correctly.
Prediction Gems:
- Tallsy looking expert around here, contributing "Only reason they are expected to be better than BC is magazine sales/Tobacco Road bias in media."
- footer20 right on track with "The ground game keeps rolling."
- TRE got the timing off, but the spirit was right with "one week before the nc state fair the carnies are exhausted from pulling double sessions."
- Hingham so, so, so off (and hopefully very happy to be off) with: "BC comes in down after CSU loss, NCST is pumped for the game, it shows. Bad performance. Dazz's first crisis. QB dilemma. fans want Wade. Dazz has his first Porter v Ryan decision."
- Put CommAveGarage in the same boat after predicting "Meltdown"
- jhiggi02 hopefully happy to be half wrong after offering "While our defense struggles mightily the three headed [running game] monster returns to save the day beating the soft 'puppy pack' defense "
- DavidGordonsFoot nails it with "I won't pick Doeren to win a conference game until he shows us he can do it."
- And I'm pretty proud of myself for this preseason prediction, "Team actually starts looking good. 10-2 season begins."

5-1 tallsy (only missing on the USC game)
4-2 CommAveGarage
4-2 Cadillac90
4-2 Jesuit Ivy
4-2 OnyxBlackman
4-2 TRE
4-2 EagleDave
4-2 31southst
4-2 AdamBC
4-2 eepstein0
4-2 hinghameagle
4-2 DavidGordonsFoot
3-3 hansen
3-3 BCMurt
3-3 jhiggi02
3-3 Endless Mike
3-3 footer20
3-3 dtwalrus
3-3 BCSUPERFAN22
3-3 ReverendMike

Week 7 Actual Win-Loss Record Vs. Predicted Win-Loss Record
0% predicted 0-6
0% predicted 1-5
10% predicted 2-4 (Hingham and eepstein...shame)
20% predicted 3-3
20% predicted 4-2 (TRE, EagleDave, 31SouthSt, and AdamBC)
35% predicted 5-1
15% predicted 6-0

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Clemson Tigers at Boston College Eagles
Only 15% Preseason Predicted a BC Win

Last edited by dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:59 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Good work walrus. I like these.

I'm actually somewhat disappointed by it. Only an n of 20; way more active posters here. But I'll stick with it because if I do it for a whole year maybe we'll get more submissions for next year. Then it might really be fun and statistically interesting.

Also, its slowly undoing the damage to my karma points that the 2008 presidential campaign wrought.

:slapfight
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:This does deserve +1's

Although some of the best ideas don't sit well with the mindless masses

I think your mindless masses comment just earned me -6. Or there's still some bad blood. Either way, I'm just going back to posting the weekly results.

10 straight negative karma tags since mentioning the '08 election! Ouch! Talk about holding grudges.

Hope no one remembers that little old health care reform debate...
Last edited by dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I'm actually somewhat disappointed by it. Only an n of 20; way more active posters here. But I'll stick with it because if I do it for a whole year maybe we'll get more submissions for next year. Then it might really be fun and statistically interesting.

Also, its slowly undoing the damage to my karma points that the 2008 presidential campaign wrought.

I must say, I did have a season prediction, just didnt spell it out game by game.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:08 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I must say, I did have a season prediction, just didnt spell it out game by game.

Yeah, some people got left behind through no fault of their own. Just didn't realize someone would actually compile the predictions on a game by game basis. That's why I say I'm looking forward to the predictions for next year. Should get more of them.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I think your mindless masses comment just earned me -6. Or there's still some bad blood. Either way, I'm just going back to posting the weekly results.

10 straight negative karma tags since mentioning the '08 election! Ouch! Talk about holding grudges.

As Nietzsche would say, and I must concur, I am not here to be a Shepard leading the herd.....

I enjoy the negatives.

Awesome, here's another 5 for you... ENJOY!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:44 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Had I known you were going to keep track in such an excellent manner, walrus, I would have participated. You kind of threw this together on the fly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:With the addition of Murphy and the speed and athleticism of instant impact frosh at skill positions, I don't see BC dropping off a ton on offense - in fact, i think they take a step forward. The difference between 5-7 and 8-4 and points in between in is on the defense. The only way that they win more than 8 is divine intervention; the only way they win less than 5 is a significant injury to Murphy.

This guy was pretty smart.

HJSPOST!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

As Nietzsche would say, and I must concur, I am not here to be a Shepard leading the herd.....

I enjoy the negatives.

Awesome, here's another 5 for you... ENJOY!

I laughed.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:With the addition of Murphy and the speed and athleticism of instant impact frosh at skill positions, I don't see BC dropping off a ton on offense - in fact, i think they take a step forward. The difference between 5-7 and 8-4 and points in between in is on the defense. The only way that they win more than 8 is divine intervention; the only way they win less than 5 is a significant injury to Murphy.

HJSPOST!

Yes, but a pretty ground ball prediction for someone with a brain who follows BC and knows football. In other words, TW, this is not exactly like predicting snow in the winter, but its like predicting snow in the winter in Hawaii, which anyone who is smart and well read would know is a fairly safe prediction.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

HJSPOST!

Yes, but a pretty ground ball prediction for someone with a brain who follows BC and knows football. In other words, TW, this is not exactly like predicting snow in the winter, but its like predicting snow in the winter in Hawaii, which anyone who is smart and well read would know is a fairly safe prediction.

That's fair.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:47 pm

just a general fyi - any discussion of negative or positive karma votes is usually "down voted" by a clique of posters that like to make the board suck
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 am

Well, shit.

WEEK 8: Clemson 17 - BC - 13
Preseason Board Predictions - 17/20 picked Clemson. 85% preseason correctitude.
Winners: Just about everyone.
Losers: OnyxBlackman, BCSUPERFAN22, and yours truly, dtwalrus.
Prediction Gems:
- If only, Onyx: "Huge win puts BC in control of Atlantic Division."
- JesuitIvy furthest off base, even in a winning effort with "blowout loss after our heads swell with national ranking but we're still too inexperienced to deal with it (think Coughlin's blowout loss to ND)"
- Also off despite predicting the loss, footer20 offered "We'll hang in there, for sure, but they pull away late in the third. Bold prediction: Murphy has big statistical day."
- I, really, really thought I had it with this one, "Defensive slop fest we eek out. Pundits call it Clemson pulling a Clemson. We cream our pants anyway."
- Thanks to a certain set of stone hands, however, it turns out hinghameagle wins the prize with "BC cant move the ball at all. clemson jumps on them. 17-6 at the half. home crowd is booing. Wade takes over in second half and propels BC with his legs. BC climbs back in it, but cant pull it out in the end."
- And jhiggi02's "We give Clemson a tough go of it and Murphy looks real solid.... unfortunately we face the realization that we lack the quality and quantity of afeletes needed to truly compete"

WEEK 8 PRE-SEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
6-1 tallsy (only missing on the USC game)
5-2 CommAveGarage
5-2 Cadillac90
5-2 Jesuit Ivy
5-2 TRE
5-2 EagleDave
5-2 31southst
5-2 AdamBC
5-2 eepstein0
5-2 hinghameagle
5-2 DavidGordonsFoot
4-3 OnyxBlackman
4-3 hansen
4-3 BCMurt
4-3 jhiggi02
4-3 Endless Mike
4-3 footer20
4-3 ReverendMike
3-4 BCSUPERFAN22
3-4 dtwalrus

Week 8 Actual Win-Loss Record Vs. Predicted Win-Loss Record
0% predicted 0-7
0% predicted 1-6
10% predicted 2-5
20% predicted 3-4
20% predicted 4-3 (TRE, EagleDave, 31SouthSt, and AdamBC)
25% predicted 5-2
20% predicted 6-1
5% predicted 7-0 (OnyxBlackman)

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Boston College Eagles at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
90% Preseason Predicted a BC Win

dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:55 am

One of the biggest consensus weeks was almost quite the bust.

WEEK 9: BC - 23 - Wake 17
Preseason Board Predictions - 18/20 picked BC. 90% preseason correctitude.
Winners: Just about everyone.
Losers: ReverendMike and OnyxBlackman
Prediction Highlights:
- ReverendMike was right in theory, but maybe just picked the wrong game with "Daz will goof up clock management to the point it costs us a game (probably Wake)."
- hinghameagle kinda nailed it with "Bc does just enough on the ground to eak out a 17-13 win. Brown's D, saves the day."
- tallsy and his magical predictions continue to be just one game off with "1-11 is a real possibility [for Wake] b/c Utah St and ULM are pretty good, and Army might be OK this year."
- EndlessMike's been spending too much time on the EO boards: "Coach Dazz will put the Riley Skinner pic on the bulletin board to get everyone fired up."
- footer20 generally on track with "This game will make or break our season. The defense gets to the frosh QB. Josh Keyes becomes an animal."
- jhiggi was right and wrong and right and wrong with "Wake is doggy poo. Our pass defense actually looks like an ACC caliber squad.. thanks only to Wake's obvious and numerous limitations. Wade gets his first glimpse of ACC play"
- My preseason prediction only makes sense in the fantastical context of expecting us to be at 6-1 going into this one "Swagger building. Darius Wade plays the whole 4h and looks good doing it."
- OnyxBlackman can be forgiven for predicting a loss, saying "WTF"

WEEK 9 PRE-SEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
7-1 tallsy (only missing on the USC game)
6-2 TRE
6-2 EagleDave
6-2 31southst
6-2 AdamBC
6-2 CommAveGarage
6-2 Cadillac90
6-2 Jesuit Ivy
6-2 eepstein0
6-2 hinghameagle
6-2 DavidGordonsFoot
5-3 hansen
5-3 BCMurt
5-3 jhiggi02
5-3 Endless Mike
5-3 footer20
4-4 BCSUPERFAN22
4-4 OnyxBlackman
4-4 ReverendMike
4-4 dtwalrus

Week 9 Actual Win-Loss Record Vs. Predicted Win-Loss Record
0% predicted 0-8
0% predicted 1-7
0% predicted 2-6
15% predicted 3-5 (ReverendMike, eepstein, hinghameagle)
15% predicted 4-4
20% predicted 5-3 (TRE, EagleDave, 31SouthSt, and AdamBC)
25% predicted 6-2
25% predicted 7-1 (JesuitIvy, BCSUPERFAN22, Cadillac90, OnyxBlackman and dtwalrus)
0% predicted 8-0

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Boston College Eagles at Virginia Tech Hokies
80% Preseason Predicted a Virginia Tech Win

:screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium