Billy update

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Billy update

Postby basselope on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:12 pm

I have never really shared the details of the complication Billy had on this or TOS but since he did so with members of the media yesterday, anyone can read the details on the jersey guy link. Yeah I know... Sorry

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=10873
basselope
Campion Hall

Re: Billy update

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:18 pm

As they say "the fight goes continues". Can't wait to see William out there!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:I have never really shared the details of the complication Billy had on this or TOS but since he did so with members of the media yesterday, anyone can read the details on the jersey guy link. Yeah I know... Sorry

Wow, that was unbelievable. I knew he had complications but I didnt realize the extent of it... 11 operations and IVs filled with antibiotics leading to his heart.
What was the name of the infection?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:22 pm

what member of the media did will.i.am talk to and how mad is he that the jersey guy stole the article from that member of the media?

that aside, i hope willie's progress continues in the proper direction and that you keep leaving beers outside "the four"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:I have never really shared the details of the complication Billy had on this or TOS but since he did so with members of the media yesterday, anyone can read the details on the jersey guy link. Yeah I know... Sorry

Wow, that was unbelievable. I knew he had complications but I didnt realize the extent of it... 11 operations and IVs filled with antibiotics leading to his heart.

hansenococcus postus
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hansenococcus postus

isn't that a quiddich move?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hansenococcus postus

isn't that a quiddich move?

Its been banned outside of Japan.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby basselope on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:45 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hansenococcus postus

Strep Willy
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:49 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hansenococcus postus

Strep Willy

i've seen a picture of that before. i find it scientifically interesting but everyone else finds it disgusting
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Can't wait to see him back on the field.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Can't believe what he's been through...looking forward to seeing him back out there this season! Billy Bobby is one determined kid! :angrychicken
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:31 am

Any chance of a special-waiver medical redshirt? He doesn't sound ready for this year. If he does try to play at some point this season, it does not sound as though he'll be back to his earlier form. I would not be surprised if he quickly reinjured the knee.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:22 am

Godspeed, Billy
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:39 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Any chance of a special-waiver medical redshirt? He doesn't sound ready for this year. If he does try to play at some point this season, it does not sound as though he'll be back to his earlier form. I would not be surprised if he quickly reinjured the knee.

Yes there is. I contacted The NCAA in the spring and explained the situation.

The NCAA indicated if the same injury that prevented Bobby from playing last season would continue to prevent him from playing this season, they would grant him a 6th season if BC applied for it. Now there is a lot of other things involved but in the end the answer is yes.

Now for being ready for this season, his Doctor will advise him on what he can do.He has been working his ass off and making incredible progress for the last 4 1/2 months and we will just have to wait and see but everyone is very optimistic about a return this season and not even talking about a 6th year right now.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:45 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Any chance of a special-waiver medical redshirt? He doesn't sound ready for this year. If he does try to play at some point this season, it does not sound as though he'll be back to his earlier form. I would not be surprised if he quickly reinjured the knee.

Yes there is. I contacted The NCAA in the spring and explained the situation.

The NCAA indicated if the same injury that prevented Bobby from playing last season would continue to prevent him from playing this season, they would grant him a 6th season if BC applied for it. Now there is a lot of other things involved but in the end the answer is yes.

Now for being ready for this season, his Doctor will advise him on what he can do.He has been working his ass off and making incredible progress for the last 4 1/2 months and we will just have to wait and see but everyone is very optimistic about a return this season and not even talking about a 6th year right now.

Willie Swigs gotta do what Willie Swigs gotta do.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Was he trying to sneak beer onto Shea Field?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 am

I still laugh every time at Billy
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:04 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I still laugh every time at Billy

here this kid is pouring every waking moment into returning to play for alma mater and you laugh at him. that's really not cool, cag
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

Disgustiad uncool.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 pm

That is a terrible ordeal but there was literally no reason for him to have ever played a snap in 2012. Who made the decision for him to play during a 2-10 campaign? Was the option of redshirting not on the table? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Disgustiad uncool.

ool
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby basselope on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:

That is a terrible ordeal but there was literally no reason for him to have ever played a snap in 2012. Who made the decision for him to play during a 2-10 campaign? Was the option of redshirting not on the table? :ace

Now I don’t want to get off on a rant here, but your question reminds me of the last game of the 2011 season where BC is playing the U at Sun Life Stadium in Miami right after Thanksgiving. This is the game where Chicken sees a drunk chubby Denise Miller clone with a # 10 BC jersey on, fist bumping every fan in the aisle seats on multiple trips up and down the steps. Chicken plays it safe & decides it may not a good idea to introduce himself to Lope at this time.

Anyway the Pre-Game activities were excellent. Not a lot of people but a serious Tailgate that would make my Brown’s friends smile (all 4 of them) Being a College game, it was my belief that any access to a cold beverage would cease once I entered the stadium. With that in mind, I decided to make sure the intake was sufficient to carry me thru most of the game. After consuming what I recall as a ½ of a pocket traveler of Crown Reserve, ¾ of a bottle of Shiraz the Anderson’s brought, 1 purple haze fruit beer that Wes brought (first fruit beer I EVA had) and the 6 Smithwicks I always bring for Pedro (but the prick never shows) I was ready to get into my seat. As we entered the stadium and walk up the Circular walk way that seemed to take a hour, I finally enter the concourse area of the stadium.

A strange neon sign on my left attracts my attention, when my nephew Clay yells out “it’s a Bar and it’s open!!!” My journey to exceed a Thur Night Teddy before kickoff is clearly within reach and by the middle of the 3rd qtr I am approaching the ultimate Philly in a “Fire Spaz” shirt level. 8 minutes or so in the 3rd qtr and BC is driving for a score. In 5 plays we are 1st and goal at the 2. At which point SPAZ sends Bordner in to run the wildcat, who proceeds to fumble the ball on the very next play. “SPAZ you idiot …What the fuck are you doing out there” I yell out from the BC family section. I am pissed and drunk, in fact I am piss drunk and making an ass of myself but I don’t really care….

I didn’t care if that was SPAZ’s call or not…. I had enough of his conservative shit & I was going down on the field & kick him in the nuts and call him a pussy. Billy’s brother Clay wisely follows me & grabs me by the back of my XXL #10 jersey as I was climbing over the railing, which fortunately or unfortunately foils my plan. However, my intentions were clear and certainly would have made Philly proud.

Now the best part of the above story is not the story itself, but what happened a few months later…..In March 2012 I took a number of players out for “dinner” and re-told this story. The 1st response from a player who shall remain nameless was: “…You would have gotten a standing O from the team” at which point the entire group erupts into a laughter that reminded me of when the music store clerk checked the back of my AMEX card for the signature and asked if my name really was "Just ring it up, shithead."

So to answer your original question Ace:

To me the decision to play or not play Billy in 2012 and what happened afterwards is just like the above scenario, it did not & does not matter to me if the call to bring in a cold Bordner was SPAZ’s or someone else’s, both are on SPAZ….

Of course, that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong…
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Now I don’t want to get off on a rant here, but your question reminds me of the last game of the 2011 season where BC is playing the U at Sun Life Stadium in Miami right after Thanksgiving. This is the game where Chicken sees a drunk chubby Denise Miller clone with a # 10 BC jersey on, fist bumping every fan in the aisle seats on multiple trips up and down the steps. Chicken plays it safe & decides it may not a good idea to introduce himself to Lope at this time.

Anyway the Pre-Game activities were excellent. Not a lot of people but a serious Tailgate that would make my Brown’s friends smile (all 4 of them) Being a College game, it was my belief that any access to a cold beverage would cease once I entered the stadium. With that in mind, I decided to make sure the intake was sufficient to carry me thru most of the game. After consuming what I recall as a ½ of a pocket traveler of Crown Reserve, ¾ of a bottle of Shiraz the Anderson’s brought, 1 purple haze fruit beer that Wes brought (first fruit beer I EVA had) and the 6 Smithwicks I always bring for Pedro (but the prick never shows) I was ready to get into my seat. As we entered the stadium and walk up the Circular walk way that seemed to take a hour, I finally enter the concourse area of the stadium.

A strange neon sign on my left attracts my attention, when my nephew Clay yells out “it’s a Bar and it’s open!!!” My journey to exceed a Thur Night Teddy before kickoff is clearly within reach and by the middle of the 3rd qtr I am approaching the ultimate Philly in a “Fire Spaz” shirt level. 8 minutes or so in the 3rd qtr and BC is driving for a score. In 5 plays we are 1st and goal at the 2. At which point SPAZ sends Bordner in to run the wildcat, who proceeds to fumble the ball on the very next play. “SPAZ you idiot …What the fuck are you doing out there” I yell out from the BC family section. I am pissed and drunk, in fact I am piss drunk and making an ass of myself but I don’t really care….

I didn’t care if that was SPAZ’s call or not…. I had enough of his conservative shit & I was going down on the field & kick him in the nuts and call him a pussy. Billy’s brother Clay wisely follows me & grabs me by the back of my XXL #10 jersey as I was climbing over the railing, which fortunately or unfortunately foils my plan. However, my intentions were clear and certainly would have made Philly proud.

Now the best part of the above story is not the story itself, but what happened a few months later…..In March 2012 I took a number of players out for “dinner” and re-told this story. The 1st response from a player who shall remain nameless was: “…You would have gotten a standing O from the team” at which point the entire group erupts into a laughter that reminded me of when the music store clerk checked the back of my AMEX card for the signature and asked if my name really was "Just ring it up, shithead."

To me the decision to play or not play Billy in 2012 and what happened afterwards is just like the above scenario, it did not & does not matter to me if the call to bring in a cold Bordner was SPAZ’s or someone else’s, both are on SPAZ….

Well said Lope. I laughed (out loud) and then realized that I have very little memory of the 2011 and 2012 seasons. Either my brain has refused to retain images of such a disgutiad mess or I was driven to drink to such excess that my grey matter has been destroyed.

Both would be on Spaz.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm

my favorite part of all of 2011 and 2012 besides leaving at halftime to get back to a tv to watch the good games was how open / obvious it was that everybody on the team openly hated spaz
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:23 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:My journey to exceed a Thur Night Teddy before kickoff is clearly within reach and by the middle of the 3rd qtr I am approaching the ultimate Philly in a “Fire Spaz” shirt level.

I am Legend. And proud to be in such esteemed company.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:

Four things:
1) There was a gap in the stands which would have required me to find a way over to your section. Too much effort for a fat chinese man after Tranksgriving.
b) I was with other people and wasn't in the mood to explain why Dennis Miller was calling me "Chicken".
iii) There were several larger hispanic gentlemen, who may or may not have been carrying various forms of weapons, who seemed to be in an argument with you and others wearing BC garb. I wanted to hang back so I could attack them ninja-style if anything went down. I had your back.

I'll catch you next time.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:45 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

:chewbanka

:spaz2

It's a shame you missed the Wake game Spaz's final year. I'll never forget walking out after that shitshow wearing my Fire Spaz shirt and getting accosted by a hammered worn-out middle aged blonde with 6-year-old daughter in tow screaming about how much of an asshole I am because if Spaz gets fired her husband would also lose his job
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:04 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

:chewbanka

:spaz2

It's a shame you missed the Wake game Spaz's final year. I'll never forget walking out after that shitshow wearing my Fire Spaz shirt and getting accosted by a hammered worn-out middle aged blonde with 6-year-old daughter in tow screaming about how much of an asshole I am because if Spaz gets fired her husband would also lose his job

did you wind up doing sex to her brown-eye?

for clarity - the mom, not the daughter. i know you're not snoop or hansen level sick
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

Four things:
1) There was a gap in the stands which would have required me to find a way over to your section. Too much effort for a fat chinese man after Tranksgriving.
b) I was with other people and wasn't in the mood to explain why Dennis Miller was calling me "Chicken".
iii) There were several larger hispanic gentlemen, who may or may not have been carrying various forms of weapons, who seemed to be in an argument with you and others wearing BC garb. I wanted to hang back so I could attack them ninja-style if anything went down. I had your back.

I'll catch you next time.

"Hey fellas, did they ever find out who killed that nice Haitian kid who played for you guys a while back?"
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 am

basselope {l Wrote}:and the 6 Smithwicks I always bring for Pedro (but the prick never shows)…

you've already forgotten that we've met? you definitely didn't have a 6er of Smitty (any of the times), unless that's what you were hiding under your tucked-in Billy jersey while you sipped on some red (beer makes you pee a lot and who has time to pee during a game where your nephew is on the sideline in a brace?).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium