Tailgaiting Question

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tailgaiting Question

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 pm

It's been two years since I was at a Shea tailgate. I'll either be parking at the Brighton lot or walking onto campus. Question: under the current rules, would BC security let me carry a case of beer from off campus or from the Brighton lot to my friend's tailgate on Shea? I don't know whether that is still kosher or whether all alchol has to come into Shea in a vehicle. I don’t want it to get confiscated if I’m not allowed to openly carry it onto campus. Thanks.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Re: Tailgaiting Question

Postby shockdoct on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:It's been two years since I was at a Shea tailgate. I'll either be parking at the Brighton lot or walking onto campus. Question: under the current rules, would BC security let me carry a case of beer from off campus or from the Brighton lot to my friend's tailgate on Shea? I don't know whether that is still kosher or whether all alchol has to come into Shea in a vehicle. I don’t want it to get confiscated if I’m not allowed to openly carry it onto campus. Thanks.

Last year you could not walk alcohol on to shea. You could obviously bring it on campus and drink it anywhere else though.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

The long awaited "big changes" to Shea Field tailgating promised by Master Bates still haven't come to pass.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm

i'm sure gor-DON would let you bring your foot with him...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Can carry beer onto / around campus anywhere but Shea
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Can carry beer onto / around campus anywhere but Shea

Yes, let's not let the fans have too much fun. What is BC's rationale behind this rule?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Can carry beer onto / around campus anywhere but Shea

Yes, let's not let the fans have too much fun. What is BC's rationale behind this rule?

the same one that forced us to throw bags behind thomas more (because games of any time were not tolerated)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Just ask your friend what else he needs, tell him you'll bring it, and fill that newly made space with beer. I'm sure I'm not the only one on the board who will be more curious to hear about BC's treatment of carrying on your portable hottub.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 am

You might consider a beer bra/wine rack for getting past the authorities. Is your wife/girlfriend really stacked? If not it might work.

gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:55 am

It may be part of the license with the City. BC should post the license on the website so fans would know which stupid rules were City imposed, and which by BC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Can carry beer onto / around campus anywhere but Shea

That's a dumb rule that does nothing but hurt the gameday experience, but what else is new.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:18 am

Shea traditionally was the parking place of choice for the high rollers. Over time it became more of a youthful party area (primarily because of the importing of large quantities of intoxicating beverage) and the traditional inhabitants took offense at the decline in their neighborhood. Many high rollers took flight to other parking options (and took their prescribed contribution levels with them). The stricter imposition of rules was intended to reestablish a more sedate atmosphere that these high rollers were accustomed to, and to curb that flight.

This all from some acquaintances who were long time Shea parkers, who took flight. I myself couldn't/wouldn't pay the rent necessary to park at Shea, so this comes second hand.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:48 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Shea traditionally was the parking place of choice for the high rollers. Over time it became more of a youthful party area (primarily because of the importing of large quantities of intoxicating beverage) and the traditional inhabitants took offense at the decline in their neighborhood. Many high rollers took flight to other parking options (and took their prescribed contribution levels with them). The stricter imposition of rules was intended to reestablish a more sedate atmosphere that these high rollers were accustomed to, and to curb that flight.

This all from some acquaintances who were long time Shea parkers, who took flight. I myself couldn't/wouldn't pay the rent necessary to park at Shea, so this comes second hand.

Good riddance.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

agreed (and i don't even like sports). this reminds me of the video that floated around back in the days that campion still posted here where some student ran around the tailgates asking questions of the whalepants. when one group was asked what game they most looked forward to, the bloated moron responded "notRAH dame!!!!' go park in the plex lot with your brie and apple sandwiches.

ps - i am trying to combine this video and the "what kind of dog is that" video into one cineamagraphic masterpiece but i think my memory is foggy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

agreed (and i don't even like sports). this reminds me of the video that floated around back in the days that campion still posted here where some student ran around the tailgates asking questions of the whalepants. when one group was asked what game they most looked forward to, the bloated moron responded "notRAH dame!!!!' go park in the plex lot with your brie and apple sandwiches.

ps - i am trying to combine this video and the "what kind of dog is that" video into one cineamagraphic masterpiece but i think my memory is foggy

But remember, they still look forward to playing Holy Cross again, if they can make it to 2018.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

It may be part of the license with the City. BC should post the license on the website so fans would know which stupid rules were City imposed, and which by BC.

This would be a good idea for BC, except it would ruin their alibi when we found out all the stupid rules are BC imposed.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

I am not sure why they let me, but last season I walked onto Shea field with a soft side cooler filled with about 8 beers and they said nothing.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:02 pm

They probably knew you were Billy's uncle.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:They probably knew you were Billy's uncle.

Yes, the award-winning Alumni Stadium Security Team used their surveillance system and facial recognition software to identify you and give order to fallback. You just didn't know it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:51 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:They probably knew you were Billy's uncle.

Yes, the award-winning Alumni Stadium Security Team used their surveillance system and facial recognition software to identify you and give order to fallback. You just didn't know it.

They probably thought that he was Dennis Miller. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium