Roster Released

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Roster Released

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:No surprise but Murphy as 1, Wade as 2

I wonder if they'll try to redshirt Wade or try to get him reps so he has some experience for next year. I hope the UMass game is in garbage time by the fourth quarter so we might find out very early.

They should not redshirt Wade if he is the heir apparent.
I don't know about you guys, but I hope they insert the second string QB in the first offensive series of the second quarter.

isn't it too late to declare a redshirt?

Can't he just suit up for every game as the backup but if he doesn't take a snap, declare a redshirt following the season?

Techinically yes.

But he is going to be the backup QB and is going to end up playing this year.

how much longer before it's too late to declare his redshirt for the upcoming season? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

can we declare a redshirt for both wade AND flutie and then burn one of those declared redshirts only if it's super-duper necessary? what's the penalty if we declare redshirts for both wade and flutie but then have to burn BOTH of them? THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Death penalty.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Everybody's always trying to burn those precious red shirts. I think they should market some sort of redshirt flame suppressant.

You should get a free can as soon as the redshirt goes through the arduous declaration process.

Million dollar idea. Boom. I'm on my way to Indianapolis to meet with Myles Brand.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby garf112 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Flutie is 3rd string, looks like Walsh is gone for BC.

I caught quite a bit of crap for saying that there were only three qbs going into the season and one of them was named flutie. I feel a bit redeemed.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Rumor has it Spaz ruined some key red shirts when he put them in the wash with the all-white uniforms.

Also, look for our all-pink breast cancer awareness unis this fall.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Rumor has it Spaz ruined some key red shirts when he put them in the wash with the all-white uniforms.

Also, look for our all-pink breast cancer awareness unis this fall.

SPAZ Redshirts were all from Star Trek
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

how's billy's recovery going?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 am

garf112 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Flutie is 3rd string, looks like Walsh is gone for BC.

I caught quite a bit of crap for saying that there were only three qbs going into the season and one of them was named flutie. I feel a bit redeemed.

You are claiming that you knew Walsh would leave?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:

maybe he IS walsh :shrug
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:

I called a while back that Walsh would likely transfer but I didn't think it would be until after this season. Figured he'd at least try to beat out Wade and Flutie for the job post-Murphy
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 am

You want to revisit the good old days, you can go to BCI and watch IB state that what absolutely happened is Walsh walked into Day 1 of practice and saw how awesome either Wade or Flutie is, and decided on the spot that he had to transfer. There can be no other scenario or nuance.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:51 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You want to revisit the good old days, you can go to BCI and watch IB state that what absolutely happened is Walsh walked into Day 1 of practice and saw how awesome either Wade or Flutie is, and decided on the spot that he had to transfer. There can be no other scenario or nuance.

No thanks. Thanks for the update, though.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:

maybe he IS walsh :shrug

PLAYERS READ THESE BOARDS!!!!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:51 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You want to revisit the good old days, you can go to BCI and watch IB state that what absolutely happened is Walsh walked into Day 1 of practice and saw how awesome either Wade or Flutie is, and decided on the spot that he had to transfer. There can be no other scenario or nuance.

That was worth the trip to BCI, thanks for the heads up.

The posts have all of the nospace hallmarks - all-caps for emphasis, condescendingly addressing people by first name, and lack of grasp on reality.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 am

Although you don't declare redshirts (obviously), a good coach has a plan for who needs a redshirt year before he's ready to contribute. Granted, the plan may change based on injuries etc. but a tentative plan needs to be in place.
I think that's what these knuckleheads are trying to say. they are trying to predict who should not play this year for whatever reason.

or am i giving these people too much credit?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Although you don't declare redshirts (obviously), a good coach has a plan for who needs a redshirt year before he's ready to contribute. Granted, the plan may change based on injuries etc. but a tentative plan needs to be in place.
I think that's what these knuckleheads are trying to say. they are trying to predict who should not play this year for whatever reason.

or am i giving these people too much credit?

Somebody's had too much mercury intake.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:09 am

Anybody know if Shakim Phillips is in camp?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Anybody know if Shakim Phillips is in camp?

He is. He did not participate due to a minor injury and is expected in the opener.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:13 am

The posts have all of the nospace hallmarks - all-caps for emphasis, condescendingly addressing people by first name, and lack of grasp on reality.

if there were no discussions about the physical/mental limitations of women then it was NOT a complete nospace post

not to mention SUCK PENIS NOSPACE
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:how's billy's recovery going?

Going well & progressing as planned.
Right now looks like possibly Pitt and probably USC.

At least we KNOW DAZ & current staff will be smart about and won't use him as a tackling dummy in camp... :spaz3
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am

basselope {l Wrote}:

At least we KNOW DAZ & current staff will be smart about and won't use him as a tackling dummy in camp... :spaz3

It'll be good to see Willie Swigs back on the field.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:41 am

basselope {l Wrote}:

Good news bassy. Be good to see him back on the field.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMCameron/status/496321749748023296/photo/1
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:49 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

are those the showers :banana
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:58 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

are those the showers :banana

FREE TOUR TUESDAYS !!!
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Oh boy. This probably means the old guys are going to get real excited about Flutie.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

I, for one, cannot wait to find out which one is awesome. It cracks me up that in addition to Walsh knowing, the entire rest of the roster knows too. One practice in. And both can't be awesome, David. What a pussy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Here is my take on the Walsh situation.

No one knows how Flutie will turn out. The odds are against him (and most other quarterbacks who are not in the top 20 or so highest rated) becoming a really good D1 QB. (even for the highly rated ones it is still only a 50/50 shot)

Flutie's performance so far has nothing to do with this. What I think Walsh saw is that the coaching staff is, and always has been, high on Flutie as a QB. They may be right, they may be wrong. But their perception is Walsh's real problem

So when he sees that it's not only Wade - now it's Flutie too -who is presumed by the coaching staff to be better than him - he realizes it's unlikely he ever will play QB at BC and decides he needs to take his talents elsewhere.

Their is an emotional component to this as well. When you are a 20 year old kid and realize you're getting passed by by people who are younger than you, it's a hard thing to take. The ones who are not all that competitive can justify it by rationalizing - BC is a great school .. I like my teammate/friends ... etc.

The ones who are really competitive initially try to figure out how to beat out the competition at BC. But when they realize it may not matter to the coaches what they do - as perception has already been formed - they look to get somewhere where they can play and prove everyone wrong
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Here is my take on the Walsh situation.

No one knows how Flutie will turn out. The odds are against him (and most other quarterbacks who are not in the top 20 or so highest rated) becoming a really good D1 QB. (even for the highly rated ones it is still only a 50/50 shot)

Flutie's performance so far has nothing to do with this. What I think Walsh saw is that the coaching staff is, and always has been, high on Flutie as a QB. They may be right, they may be wrong. But their perception is Walsh's real problem

So when he sees that it's not only Wade - now it's Flutie too -who is presumed by the coaching staff to be better than him - he realizes it's unlikely he ever will play QB at BC and decides he needs to take his talents elsewhere

TRE, redshirt this guy please.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So when he sees that it's not only Wade - now it's Flutie too -who is presumed by the coaching staff to be better than him - he realizes it's unlikely he ever will play QB at BC and decides he needs to take his talents elsewhere

Seconded.

Nothing makes this board go full retard faster than Troy Flutie talk.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You're a funny guy TW. You're a lawyer who's really weak in any debate or argument that doesn't fit your preconception.

It's like you are incapable of absorbing information and modifying your position.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium