Roster Released

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Roster Released

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:We have a kid wearing 94, first time since Herzy. Also about Flutie I feel like hes at QB right now because with him we only have 4 qbs. This is without Bordner who the staff realized like the rest of us isn't a D1 QB. My guess is that he'll redshirt and be a scout team QB this year while getting work in at WR in practice. He had a great HS career so of course give him a look but by the time he graduates, he will be catching passes

I realized Bordner wasn't a D1 QB about 5 years ago after watching a game at his HS.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:We have a kid wearing 94, first time since Herzy. Also about Flutie I feel like hes at QB right now because with him we only have 4 qbs. This is without Bordner who the staff realized like the rest of us isn't a D1 QB. My guess is that he'll redshirt and be a scout team QB this year while getting work in at WR in practice. He had a great HS career so of course give him a look but by the time he graduates, he will be catching passes

I realized Bordner wasn't a D1 QB about 5 years ago after watching a game at his HS.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

eepstein is super.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:42 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

eepstein is super.

It this type of evaluation skillz that earned him a coveted spot on the EO coaching staff.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

eepstein is super.

It this type of evaluation skillz that earned him a coveted spot on the EO coaching staff.

that and his mexican heritage
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 pm

CJ Jones transferred to Delaware. Ool.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby fs33 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:34 am

Per Chris Cameron's tweets it looks like Marcus Outlow is getting first string reps today
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:50 am

No surprise but Murphy as 1, Wade as 2
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:No surprise but Murphy as 1, Wade as 2

I wonder if they'll try to redshirt Wade or try to get him reps so he has some experience for next year. I hope the UMass game is in garbage time by the fourth quarter so we might find out very early.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am

wait, i thought it was flutie?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 am

Flutie is 3rd string, looks like Walsh is gone for BC.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 am

well, that explains some things.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:04 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:

I wonder if they'll try to redshirt Wade or try to get him reps so he has some experience for next year. I hope the UMass game is in garbage time by the fourth quarter so we might find out very early.

They should not redshirt Wade if he is the heir apparent.
I don't know about you guys, but I hope they insert the second string QB in the first offensive series of the second quarter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:09 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:

I don't know about you guys, but I hope they insert the second string QB in the first offensive series of the second quarter.

isn't it too late to declare a redshirt?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Can't he just suit up for every game as the backup but if he doesn't take a snap, declare a redshirt following the season?
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:13 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:

I think the most important thing is that they do it consistently without regard for the rhythm of the game or how the offense has been playing.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:22 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Can't he just suit up for every game as the backup but if he doesn't take a snap, declare a redshirt following the season?

Shit never fails to amuse. Nice work TRE (sounds like "bait")
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

it's almost as easy as getting hansen to click on a meatbomb
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Burned. You guys should go back to spamming the basketball recruiting thread. It's getting near impossible to tell when you guys want to talk about actual BC sports. :cheer
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Austin Tedesco just tweeted that Walsh has left the team. Wade will almost def not redshirt this year and Flutie could be 3rd string, as those 2 and Murphy are only QBs on roster
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:55 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Burned. You guys should go back to spamming the basketball recruiting thread. It's getting near impossible to tell when you guys want to talk about actual BC sports. :cheer

I think TRE is going to redshirt this poster.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:20 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Austin Tedesco just tweeted that Walsh has left the team. Wade will almost def not redshirt this year and Flutie could be 3rd string, as those 2 and Murphy are only QBs on roster

Unless his leg falls off, Murphy will take every snap this year.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

I think TRE is going to redshirt this poster.

I think you mean pink sock not red shirt.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Austin Tedesco just tweeted that Walsh has left the team. Wade will almost def not redshirt this year and Flutie could be 3rd string, as those 2 and Murphy are only QBs on roster

I always felt that in bringing Bordner back as a wide receiver he was really a stealth QB. Now here is #4.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm excited for football. I like BC football.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:52 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:

I agree, and if Murphy gets hurt Wade likely would've been a better option than Walsh anyway. I said as soon as both Murphy and Wade arrived on campus the writing was likely on the wall as far as Walsh's career prospects at BC, but I was hoping (and expecting) that he'd stick around for this season. My concern is that we're up 41-3 on UMass heading into the 4th quarter, and now our options are either to leave Murphy out there and risk having him suffer a season-ending injury in garbage time (which would be a thoroughly BC thing to have happen), burn Wade's or Flutie's redshirt, or put Bordner out there. Walsh was a perfect guy to have around for those types of situations and who knows, maybe something would have clicked and he would have turned into a solid QB late, something along the lines of Dominique Davis. With him gone the best option for late game blowouts is probably to stick Bordner back behind center, but I worry that the staff may be hesitant to do that if he's not getting QB reps in practice.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Techinically yes.

But he is going to be the backup QB and is going to end up playing this year.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, odds of that happening are slim.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Techinically yes.

how much longer before it's too late to declare his redshirt for the upcoming season? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

can we declare a redshirt for both wade AND flutie and then burn one of those declared redshirts only if it's super-duper necessary? what's the penalty if we declare redshirts for both wade and flutie but then have to burn BOTH of them? THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

Techinically yes.

how much longer before it's too late to declare his redshirt for the upcoming season? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

can we declare a redshirt for both wade AND flutie and then burn one of those declared redshirts only if it's super-duper necessary? what's the penalty if we declare redshirts for both wade and flutie but then have to burn BOTH of them? THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on medical redshirts. Those are even more confusing. From what I remember, they not only have to be declared, but they have to be declared in writing on small pads.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium