Roster Released

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Roster Released

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:53 am

Roster out ... http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-footbl ... l-mtt.html

Flutie listed as QB. Seward as Db. Beltzer as LB. Cohee on DL (some thought he could play TE)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Re: Roster Released

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:22 am

Both uconn kids are listed so shakim must've finished his degree
Landry #8
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 am

31 Freshman on the roster.
28 Seniors and 5th year Seniors.

Pretty crazy how barren the middle of the roster is.

Spaz..... :suicide
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:39 pm

TW - any comment?

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Another write up about Troy Flutie. It looks like he was clocked at a 4.5 with his workout at Alumni, which would make him faster than his father. With Amidon graduating, any receiver that can do anything will be needed. He holds the all time Mass record for most T passes thrown.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnis ... roy_flutie

I believe that Flutie will get a legitimate shot at quarterback and not be shifted to "athlete" or WR until he proves he can't play QB - or Wade proves he is head and shoulders above Flutie.

I don't think that there is any chance that he gets a shot at QB other than lip service. I'd be willing to bet that they already can project the QB depth chart for next year, and I am guessing Flutie is listed right under the spot that says "WR", where he will be a big help.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby durkcal on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:04 pm

the flyer DT from Worcester Academy Saine is not there.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Sherman Alston, 5-6 163 listed as WR?
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:54 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:the flyer DT from Worcester Academy Saine is not there.

Supposedly, he will enroll in January.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:TW - any comment?

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Another write up about Troy Flutie. It looks like he was clocked at a 4.5 with his workout at Alumni, which would make him faster than his father. With Amidon graduating, any receiver that can do anything will be needed. He holds the all time Mass record for most T passes thrown.

I believe that Flutie will get a legitimate shot at quarterback and not be shifted to "athlete" or WR until he proves he can't play QB - or Wade proves he is head and shoulders above Flutie.

I don't think that there is any chance that he gets a shot at QB other than lip service. I'd be willing to bet that they already can project the QB depth chart for next year, and I am guessing Flutie is listed right under the spot that says "WR", where he will be a big help.

Yes, Flutie is a WR. I'd also comment that it is a said state of affairs that the program was left in that this wasn't done as a matter of course.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 am

I highly doubt we see flutie take a meaningful snap as a coaches decision (i.e. not injury related) at any point in his career.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I highly doubt we see flutie take a meaningful snap as a coaches decision (i.e. not injury related) at any point in his career.

I disagree. I think he will play at WR. I just don't think he ever sniffs the field at QB unless 3 guys get hurt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 am

LSU : BC :: T-Bob Hebert : T-Roy Flutie

I'm not really even sure what that means.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 am

Sorry I meant as QB
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Casey on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:the flyer DT from Worcester Academy Saine is not there.

Supposedly, he will enroll in January.

Didn't get his SAT's up to par.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Bordner at WR? I wasn't expecting to see him play at QB but I thought LB made more sense.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 10-2 season on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Can you give me a heads up on when you think you'll be needing my services?
10-2 season
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm

10-2 season {l Wrote}:Can you give me a heads up on when you think you'll be needing my services?

Don't leave town.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Casey on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Bordner at WR? I wasn't expecting to see him play at QB but I thought LB made more sense.

He's not playing a traditional WR role, think of it more as a A.Hernandez / Jordon Reed passing catching TE role. They're going to match him up on LB & Safeties.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes, Flutie is a WR. I'd also comment that it is a said state of affairs that the program was left in that this wasn't done as a matter of course.

Thanks for the response TW.

That really wasn't the discussion point when Flutie was signed. Your (and others), premise was that Flutie was signed as an athlete/WR - would go immediately to that slot on the roster - and would have no/almost trial at QB.

My assertion that he was signed as a QB and would have a chance to show what he can do there. If he fails or Wade is great he will likely shift - but he was signed as a QB and will have the normal chance at that position.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Thanks for the response TW.

That really wasn't the discussion point when Flutie was signed. Your (and others), premise was that Flutie was signed as an athlete/WR - would go immediately to that slot on the roster - and would have no/almost trial at QB.

My assertion that he was signed as a QB and would have a chance to show what he can do there. If he fails or Wade is great he will likely shift - but he was signed as a QB and will have the normal chance at that position.

glad we got that cleared up
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Happy to help.

Do you think Flutie gets initial run at QB?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:45 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Happy to help.

I expect him to be at WR by the time they break camp. That was my original point about "lip service". If he stays a year at QB, he's redshirting.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I expect him to be at WR by the time they break camp. That was my original point about "lip service". If he stays a year at QB, he's redshirting.

My point was - no one knows at this point if he can play QB at BC - but the staff thinks it is worth giving him a legit shot at QB and is excited to see him there (because they feel he has "it"). My recollection of your and others point was - he gets no shot and goes directly to WR - without passing throw
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

regardless, he's redshirting (at least he should be)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

My point was - no one knows at this point if he can play QB at BC - but the staff thinks it is worth giving him a legit shot at QB and is excited to see him there (because they feel he has "it"). My recollection of your and others point was - he gets no shot and goes directly to WR - without passing throw

I actually take from this that they feel they are good at WR so they don't need to move Flutie there yet while he spends a year not playing. He's got about as much chance of playing QB at BC as you do.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's got about as much chance of playing QB at BC as you do.

NUH UH! NUH UH!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's got about as much chance of playing QB at BC as you do.

NUH UH! NUH UH!

Notorious could huck it back in the leather helmet days
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:19 am

Another interesting thing about the roster is no one wearing #40. May be coincidence. Definitely not irony.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

NUH UH! NUH UH!

Notorious could huck it back in the leather helmet days

True and thanks for thinking of me - but my eligibility is all used up.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

I wouldn't want to be the person who took 12 or 40
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29 pm

We have a kid wearing 94, first time since Herzy. Also about Flutie I feel like hes at QB right now because with him we only have 4 qbs. This is without Bordner who the staff realized like the rest of us isn't a D1 QB. My guess is that he'll redshirt and be a scout team QB this year while getting work in at WR in practice. He had a great HS career so of course give him a look but by the time he graduates, he will be catching passes
NJM89
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium