i think we go 10 and 2 this year.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: i think we go 10 and 2 this year.

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:flights booked for rcc, if you see someone in whalepants DO NOT approach

Will you and TRE be having a nametag event?

wouldn't this require tre to attend a bc sporting event?

wouldn't this require tre to like bc sports?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:flights booked for rcc, if you see someone in whalepants DO NOT approach

Will you and TRE be having a nametag event?

i'm looking forward to calling nospace a pussy to his face (if claver can take his tongue out of nospace's ear for long enough)

realistically, there is a 50/50 chance that i will not be in town for this game

What makes you think Betardo will be there? I'm sure he'll have a clambake or a Costco trip planned.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

2nd team OL today: Bowen Cashman Taylor Baker Hendren
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Travelling up for the USC game with my wife. I have not stayed in a hotel in or near Boston in years. While I'd love to stay at one of the down town or Back Bay hotels, we need quick access to BC and we need to hit the road early on Sunday back to Philly, so I'm inclined to stay somplace in the western suburbs closer to BC. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton in Needham recently? Or does anyone have suggestions (other than the places mentioned in this thread) for a nice place near BC in the $200-$275 a night range? (Not the Newton Marriott or Crowne Plaza).

I haven't stayed there but I will say the Needham Sheraton works well because the Needham Satellite lot is about a quarter mile from the hotel, so your game day transportation would be covered if you stay there.

We're staying at the Sheraton. Trying to fugure out whether to use the Needham Satellite bus, or drive from the hotel and park at the Lower Brighton lot. Some questions:

Do the busses really run every 10 min. from the Needham Satellite lot?

How long is the bus ride from the Needham lot to BC?

If you stay to the end of the game, are the lines long for the return shuttles?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:59 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Travelling up for the USC game with my wife. I have not stayed in a hotel in or near Boston in years. While I'd love to stay at one of the down town or Back Bay hotels, we need quick access to BC and we need to hit the road early on Sunday back to Philly, so I'm inclined to stay somplace in the western suburbs closer to BC. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton in Needham recently? Or does anyone have suggestions (other than the places mentioned in this thread) for a nice place near BC in the $200-$275 a night range? (Not the Newton Marriott or Crowne Plaza).

I haven't stayed there but I will say the Needham Sheraton works well because the Needham Satellite lot is about a quarter mile from the hotel, so your game day transportation would be covered if you stay there.

We're staying at the Sheraton. Trying to fugure out whether to use the Needham Satellite bus, or drive from the hotel and park at the Lower Brighton lot. Some questions:

Do the busses really run every 10 min. from the Needham Satellite lot?

How long is the bus ride from the Needham lot to BC?

If you stay to the end of the game, are the lines long for the return shuttles?

1) The buses run as quickly as they fill up. For a big game, like USC, it will work out to every 10 minutes. But I was on the first bus to the Pitt game and they held us for 20 minutes waiting for it to fill.

2) I've probably ridden the shuttle 30 times. The average ride is 25 minutes. The closer it gets to kickoff, the longer it can take because the traffic starts to build up on Chestnut Hill Ave. I've had it take 40 minutes a couple times.

3) Yes, but it moves surprisingly quick. The shuttle runs for 2 hours after the game, so you can wait for the crowd to disperse if you don't want to stand in line.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 pm

This is the Indian Summer of 10-2 season.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:41 am

I feel good right now :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 am

One piece of advice for anyone staying at the Needham Sheraton and taking the shuttle from the satellite lot: they tell you the shuttle pick-up location is a "5 min. walk" from the hotel. Thinking that was nothing I decided to walk it instead of driving to the satellite lot. In retrospect I wish I'd been lazy and driven to the lot because: (1) it is more of a 10-minute walk; and (2) I was carrying a cooler with a case of beer, ice and food in it, so that 10 minute walk felt like I was running up Higgins stairs with a sandbag over my shoulder. If you're not carrying anything it is fine, but given the load I was carrying I was a sweatball by the time we got on the bus.

The shuttle ride itself was great - we barely had to wait at all before it left both coming and going.

Also, the hotel f-ed up royally in that we could not check in when we got there at about 4:45 pm because the team had not yet left for the game and the cleaning staff had not been in to clean out their rooms. (Our check-in time was supposed to be 3 pm). We had to get changed in the gym bathroom before the game as a result. This was a mere inconvenience for me, but as you can imagine my wife was not happy. If you decide to stay there for a game weekend you should call and ask for an early check-in time so they have a room for you regardless of when the team leaves, or at least confirm that your room will not be held up by the team's departure.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 am

Also, the hotel f-ed up royally in that we could not check in when we got there at about 4:45 pm because the team had not yet left for the game and the cleaning staff had not been in to clean out their rooms. (Our check-in time was supposed to be 3 pm). We had to get changed in the gym bathroom before the game as a result. This was a mere inconvenience for me, but as you can imagine my wife was not happy. If you decide to stay there for a game weekend you should call and ask for an early check-in time so they have a room for you regardless of when the team leaves, or at least confirm that your room will not be held up by the team's departure.

Did you shower with the team?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Did you shower with the team?

more importantly... did your wife?

i would ask about other members of your family but that doesn't really seem right?

would you have had to wait if you downgraded to a room without a hot tub?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium