All in the Family

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

All in the Family

Postby BC923 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:52 am

Hayden Rettig to transfer. BC mentioned as a possible landing spot (because of Chase)

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/ ... rt_m-rpt-1
BC923
Merkert Hall

Re: All in the Family

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:35 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Hayden Rettig to transfer. BC mentioned as a possible landing spot (because of Chase)

The timing on this was all screwed up. If we had fired Spaz a year earlier, he would have come to BC. There were so many legacy and sibling recruits in Spaz's last class that we totally missed on (Bosa, Rettig, Commissong, etc).
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 am

It's not like your boy Jags was any better (see Wall Street scion: Beal, Brandon).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Hayden Rettig to transfer. BC mentioned as a possible landing spot (because of Chase)

The timing on this was all screwed up. If we had fired Spaz a year earlier, he would have come to BC. There were so many legacy and sibling recruits in Spaz's last class that we totally missed on (Bosa, Rettig, Commissong, etc).

Based on the comments his father has made as to his priorities for his sons, Bosa was not coming here.
Any new coach would have immediately fired Commi's worthless ass.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:05 am

Last year after the NCSU game when everyone was on the field, I was walking around and saw the Rettig family. LSU must have been off that week because Hayden was there for Chases senior day.

I happened to see the Rettigs go up to Addazio and when SA saw Hayden he waled up to him and hugged him. I'm not sure where/how the two of them had a relationship (maybe Hayden approached Addazio last year about a potential transfer), but the two seemed very cordial.

As for PT, Rettig was class of 2013 and redshirted last year. If he transferred to BC, he would obv sit next year and have 3 years left of eligibility, which would put him in direct competition with Wade.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:35 pm

My understanding has always been that the Rettig's loved BC. And that love increased 10-fold under Daz (essentially the only thing they didn't love was the football program under Spaz and the instability of 5 OCs in 4 years).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 am

i wonder if they are broken up about their friend nospace being all sick
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:24 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wonder if they are broken up about their friend nospace being all sick

Nospace is sick?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wonder if they are broken up about their friend nospace being all sick

Nospace is sick?

we've confirmed that he's not dead so in my mind that means that he's sick. i'm not sure if it's terminal...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Nospace is sick?

we've confirmed that he's not dead so in my mind that means that he's sick. i'm not sure if it's terminal...

Do you know who could help him?

Dr. Martha Blyhope
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Does Hayden have good arm strength? If so, make him an offer. If not make him a wide receiver as he is too good an athlete to keep off the field.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Rettig visiting Rutgers starting tomorrow per Bruce Feldman
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bruisertm on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

bruisertm
n00b

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

That's a shame. I guess he really wants to follow in his brother's footsteps (playing for a last place team with revolving door coaching situation). I don't think he's a fit for BC's going-forward offense, but there has simply got to be better options available to this kid than Piscataway.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:16 am

It looks like he went where the depth chart was most friendly. As much as he likes Daz/Day, he still would have had to beat out Wade and would've been part of a two QB class this year. Plus all things equal, Daz is going to start the guy who can run.

I am actually surprised he didn't go home to California and play a year of JuCo. He then could have gotten snaps and picked a better situation at Signing Day. When Flood gets fired this December, he's going to have to rethink this whole thing.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:52 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I am actually surprised he didn't go home to California and play a year of JuCo. He then could have gotten snaps and picked a better situation at Signing Day. When Flood gets fired this December, he's going to have to rethink this whole thing.

Exactly. When Flood is fired, there is an 50/50 chance that the coach Rutgers hires is going to run a read-option offense. Again, there has got to be similar weak QB situations in the PAC12. I'm guessing he was sold on Fridge (who I think has a decent job of replacing Flood).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:17 am

the dirty jerz does love their fatties...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hinghameagle on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:12 am

Rutgers future qb was the transfer from Minnesota who looked pretty good. Unfortunately he got thrown out of school after about three weeks for almost killing someone.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:15 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Rutgers future qb was the transfer from Minnesota who looked pretty good. Unfortunately he got thrown out of school after about three weeks for almost killing someone.

since its rutgres, i assume he was thrown out for refusing to finish the job
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby myles kennefick on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It looks like he went where the depth chart was most friendly. As much as he likes Daz/Day, he still would have had to beat out Wade and would've been part of a two QB class this year. Plus all things equal, Daz is going to start the guy who can run.

I am actually surprised he didn't go home to California and play a year of JuCo. He then could have gotten snaps and picked a better situation at Signing Day. When Flood gets fired this December, he's going to have to rethink this whole thing.

I know there was speculation that Rettig would be interested in BC, but was there any indication BC was interested in Rettig? Or that Rettig had actual interest in BC?
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:59 am

myles kennefick {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It looks like he went where the depth chart was most friendly. As much as he likes Daz/Day, he still would have had to beat out Wade and would've been part of a two QB class this year. Plus all things equal, Daz is going to start the guy who can run.

I know there was speculation that Rettig would be interested in BC, but was there any indication BC was interested in Rettig? Or that Rettig had actual interest in BC?

Your pic looks like techno viking's dad:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Nospace is sick?

Do you know who could help him?

Dr. Martha Blyhope

i've got an update on nospace's condition. i'm not sure dr. martha blyhope could help him with this because it seems his asshole is the opposite of blown out...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:55 pm

You ever notice how close fat guys get to a urinal when they pee? They pull up sweaty, fumbling, and then they lean way way waaaaaaaay into it, close enough that they can take deep draughty whiffs of its chemical minty breath and should probably buy it breakfast when they're through.

Why is this? Does their girth hide their weeners? Can they not see to aim? I look to you to answer this, TRE, since no space hides in cowardly humiliation.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:54 am

As I am not fat, I look to huang for his reasons. That said, being fat AND asianed may cause some false positives.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:45 am

My hope was that since you live and do business in the Walmartiest corners of this 66% overweight nation, and that your business dinners occur at Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, and other comparable establishments that are the enduring bastions of jorteralls, you might have spent far more time peeing next to heaving fatties than some northeastern or coastal type.

Would you be willing to stake out Cracker Barrell restrooms and observe the urinal habits of the obese?

For posterity?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 am

the fellow citizens of the wal-martiest parts of the country are like those from your more cosmopolitan areas... still unwilling to speak while at the urinal

i don't think i'd be able to offer much help
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I am actually surprised he didn't go home to California and play a year of JuCo. He then could have gotten snaps and picked a better situation at Signing Day. When Flood gets fired this December, he's going to have to rethink this whole thing.

Exactly. When Flood is fired, there is an 50/50 chance that the coach Rutgers hires is going to run a read-option offense. Again, there has got to be similar weak QB situations in the PAC12. I'm guessing he was sold on Fridge (who I think has a decent job of replacing Flood).

Didn't see this one coming...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy