New Video Boards

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New Video Boards

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You could and should build the indoor football facility right where the current campus eyesore exists.

if we knock down walsh, where would the displaced students live?

Why would BC have to knock down anything to build the indoor facility when they have Shea Field literally right off of the stadium to build a facility with outdoor grass practice fields ? If the baseball/softball stadiums are in fact happening, it would be the perfect location and provide plenty of room. You can build along either of the street sides and have grass practice fields right off of it eliminate the useless parking garage attached to the stadium and build it right along the stadium (with construction allow it to close off the 2 corners on that side as has been debated in the recruiting page)

where are the baseball/softball fields going? how long will that battle be wrapped up in the neighborhood treadmill

i didn't realize that we were talking about upgrading the facilities for my grandchildren. if that is in fact the case and your agenda then by all means, continue discussing what's best for the university in the 2040's and 2050's.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Interesting read on Michigan attendance issues. Video Boards not the problem at BC or Michigan. Too bad the peeps in charge don't get it.

The NFL is running down the same stupid road right now what with Thursday games, talk of more playoff teams, talk of 18 reg season games. Sometimes things are perfect as they are. More Coke, less New Coke.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-sa ... an-tickets
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Here's something I don't get. I always hear that Conte is great for hockey and terrible for basketball. Is it great for hockey cause there are 7000+ w 2500 students every night and the team wins while basketball is around 3000 w 25 students?

I've always said I thought Conte sucked for hockey but then again I wasn't playing in front of 7,000 people. Lighting always seemed off and dark seats are annoying when the puck goes up in the air.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You could and should build the indoor football facility right where the current campus eyesore exists.

if we knock down walsh, where would the displaced students live?

Why would BC have to knock down anything to build the indoor facility when they have Shea Field literally right off of the stadium to build a facility with outdoor grass practice fields ? If the baseball/softball stadiums are in fact happening, it would be the perfect location and provide plenty of room. You can build along either of the street sides and have grass practice fields right off of it eliminate the useless parking garage attached to the stadium and build it right along the stadium (with construction allow it to close off the 2 corners on that side as has been debated in the recruiting page)

He was joking, and I was talking about knocking down the Plex - the old two birds, one stone theory.

Is the next plex supposed to have a new basketball arena as part of the building? i dont recall seeing this but then again i dont really follow the plans of buildings that were originally proposed when I was a freshman and still havent been built.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:02 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Interesting read on Michigan attendance issues. Video Boards not the problem at BC or Michigan. Too bad the peeps in charge don't get it.

The NFL is running down the same stupid road right now what with Thursday games, talk of more playoff teams, talk of 18 reg season games. Sometimes things are perfect as they are. More Coke, less New Coke.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-sa ... an-tickets

I still think watching a game at Alumni is better than watching BC on TV, and that makes us fortunate. I can't say the same about a place like MIchigan, where you wait 20 minutes in line just to enter your section and sit 2 miles from the sideline. NFL stadiums are worse, where the hostile atmosphere compounds the other problems.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Build the new bball arena where the plex is now located. There really is not much of an increase in attendance with a 9 -10,000 seat arena and therefore the neighbors do not have any traffic argument to make. Even adding 5,500 seats to the football stadium is not significant in regards to traffic. The Red Sox added about the same amount of seats and it was no big deal getting the permits. BC does a very good job with game day traffic for football especially opening the lots 3 hours beforehand. It should be 4 hours before a night game, especially the Friday night game against Pittsburgh.

Interesting article on Michigan stadium. Do anything to disrupt the customer's habits and you lose them. Their student ticket policy was as bad as GDF's for hoops. DBS broke up groups of BC season ticket holders that were sitting together for years! The overcharging on parking, not to mention the pathetic tailgating rules makes it easy for the fans to stay home. BC was sold out at 44,500 with Dan Henning because if you bought 4 season tickets you got a free parking pass in the garages. Now it's at least season tickets plus $1,500! That is really the only reason we are not sold out. DBS killed bball season ticket sales. Why Bates has not dropped DBS for hoops is unexplainable.

TRE: Do you have a problem with the athletic department having a separate fund raising campaign for athletic facilities? Do you have a problem with BC borrowing against their ACC revenue to finance new athletic facilities?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:29 am

I have no problem with a separate campaign for facility upgrades. Let them have at it. I think it would show you how few are interested in adding more empty seats to the stadium or how few are ready to build a hovering indoor practice facility that flies over the already full campus footprint.

But hey, look what great facility upgrades did for Yukon. We gotta get a piece of that winning formula
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:05 am

Question: Has any part of that great Institutional Master Plan that took years to pass and where BC entertained the lunacy that was coming from various neighborhood groups even started?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:20 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Question: Has any part of that great Institutional Master Plan that took years to pass and where BC entertained the lunacy that was coming from various neighborhood groups even started?

Believe More Hall is torn down so we'll need to find a new place to play bags before games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I have no problem with a separate campaign for facility upgrades. Let them have at it. I think it would show you how few are interested in adding more empty seats to the stadium or how few are ready to build a hovering indoor practice facility that flies over the already full campus footprint.

But hey, look what great facility upgrades did for Yukon. We gotta get a piece of that winning formula

Your objection to the added seats is worthy; indoor practice facility, not so much. Plenty of room for the latter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Question: Has any part of that great Institutional Master Plan that took years to pass and where BC entertained the lunacy that was coming from various neighborhood groups even started?

Believe More Hall is torn down so we'll need to find a new place to play bags before games

Follow up: Do the construction workers wear Gucci hard hats?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:13 am

Does the $78 million dollar reconstruction of the southwest corner of the campus count? I seem to recall something called Stokes or something...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I have no problem with a separate campaign for facility upgrades. Let them have at it. I think it would show you how few are interested in adding more empty seats to the stadium or how few are ready to build a hovering indoor practice facility that flies over the already full campus footprint.

Your objection to the added seats is worthy; indoor practice facility, not so much. Plenty of room for the latter.

where?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I looked at the map of the IMP again. Can someone explain to me why they are keeping a handful of Mods? If everything is drawn to scale, that would be the perfect place and plenty of room for an indoor facility that could be used by several teams during the offseason. The hoopz team could put a basket in each endzone and run 120 yard fast break drills. Maybe then Chewbanka could lose a few pounds.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I looked at the map of the IMP again. Can someone explain to me why they are keeping a handful of Mods? If everything is drawn to scale, that would be the perfect place and plenty of room for an indoor facility that could be used by several teams during the offseason. The hoopz team could put a basket in each endzone and run 120 yard fast break drills. Maybe then Chewbanka could lose a few pounds.

I heard the mods are coming down.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

people have heard this every year since the 80s
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

TobaccoRoadEagle is Captain Obvious because everyone knows that the Modular Apartments are rumored to be demolished annually. That was a pretty good burn, Bryn Mawr Eagle!
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

where?

Indoor practice facilities don't need bleachers. You can put it right where the permanent outdoor practice field is now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

where?

Indoor practice facilities don't need bleachers. You can put it right where the permanent outdoor practice field is now.

where will the baseball team play?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

where?

where will the baseball team play?

The baseball field doesn't infringe on the permanently fenced in and domed grass practice field. Try coming to a game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:32 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:34 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:40 pm

as long as the team is okay with losing at least 10' of field width to add the walls, then your footprint works.

and i'll come to a game when i'm good and ready. games on tobaccoroad have more than filled my bc football desires since jags left campus
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and i'll come to a game when i'm good and ready. games on tobaccoroad have more than filled my bc football desires since jags left campus

Semi-fan
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as long as the team is okay with losing at least 10' of field width to add the walls, then your footprint works.

and i'll come to a game when i'm good and ready. games on tobaccoroad have more than filled my bc football desires since jags left campus

356 to right would still be a bomb.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
I still think watching a game at Alumni is better than watching BC on TV the internet

Fixed.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as long as the team is okay with losing at least 10' of field width to add the walls, then your footprint works.

aluminum bats and a big building to block the headwind
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Make em hit it on the roof of the building and paint that side of the building green, Then you can move it in 70', like the red sox
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Make em hit it on the roof of the building and paint that side of the building green, Then you can move it in 70', like the red sox

can we paint it in team colors? maybe maroon or gold or even pink?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium