New Video Boards

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New Video Boards

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:11 am

You guys realize field of dreams was a fictional movie, right?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 am

The stadium is fine. The team that plays in it has not been. Play better, environment will be better.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:39 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The stadium needs a complete overhaul to both be competive for top recruits, attract corporate dollars and to increase attendance. Silver bleachers look a lot more empty than maroon colored seats. Dark colors do not show up as well on TV. Enclosing the upper deck creates a lot of space under the stands. There are zero amenities under the deck on the press box side. You have to walk all the way through Conte and up 6 flights of stairs just to reach row 6 and back down again to use the bathroom. There could be escalators in the corners, concessions, bathrooms, club rooms, more luxury suites, etc. We all know why attendance is down (dbs and parking fees) and the lack of a great QB. Wade could be the guy that sells tickets.

It's not a question of if, but when BC realizes that they must put serious money into facilities to stay competitive. What is the point in donating money if BC will not invest those funds in facilities?

:thehjs
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The stadium needs a complete overhaul to both be competive for top recruits, attract corporate dollars and to increase attendance. Silver bleachers look a lot more empty than maroon colored seats. Dark colors do not show up as well on TV. Enclosing the upper deck creates a lot of space under the stands. There are zero amenities under the deck on the press box side. You have to walk all the way through Conte and up 6 flights of stairs just to reach row 6 and back down again to use the bathroom. There could be escalators in the corners, concessions, bathrooms, club rooms, more luxury suites, etc. We all know why attendance is down (dbs and parking fees) and the lack of a great QB. Wade could be the guy that sells tickets.

It's not a question of if, but when BC realizes that they must put serious money into facilities to stay competitive. What is the point in donating money if BC will not invest those funds in facilities?

Your soapbox has worn down to a nub at this point.

He has a point on some issues. Alumni and Conte are really crappy facilities. Expanding them is dumb, but seats instead of bleachers, etc would make a big difference.

Unfortunately since BC is cheap, I can't imagine them making the investment

Serious question: does anyone know how many ACC stadiums have seats (instead of bleachers) throughout their football stadiums?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

He has a point on some issues. Alumni and Conte are really crappy facilities. Expanding them is dumb, but seats instead of bleachers, etc would make a big difference.

Serious question: does anyone know how many ACC stadiums have seats (instead of bleachers) throughout their football stadiums?

would a bleacher type bench (intended to rest a back on) attached to the back of a bleacher type bench (intended to sit on) qualify as a "seat"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

would a bleacher type bench (intended to rest a back on) attached to the back of a bleacher type bench (intended to sit on) qualify as a "seat"

For me, yes.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

For me, yes.

with that caveat i know bc, rcc, dook, ga tech, the magical lane stadium, uva and wake do not from personal experience. carolina does have those back rest things throughout the stadium. i do not know about cuse, pitt, fsu, miami, louisville, or the clemson
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

For me, yes.

with that caveat i know bc, rcc, dook, ga tech, the magical lane stadium, uva and wake do not from personal experience. carolina does have those back rest things throughout the stadium. i do not know about cuse, pitt, fsu, miami, louisville, or the clemson

It's been 9 years since I visited the Carrier Dome, but at that time they had padded concrete bleachers similar to the upper level in Conte.

Since Pitt & Miami play in NFL stadiums, I assume they have seats throughout.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

For me, yes.

It's been 9 years since I visited the Carrier Dome, but at that time they had padded concrete bleachers similar to the upper level in Conte.

Since Pitt & Miami play in NFL stadiums, I assume they have seats throughout.

Correct, Pitt & Miami have Full seats.
Louisville has them as well.

FSU has benches but they have those back rests on some seats randomly all over the place, so assume Season ticket holders can pay a fee for one.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Recruits visit the stadium in the off season. Enclosing the upper deck is valuable in selling the recruits on the facilties. Chair seats will keep the attendance down to 50,000 but will grealty improve the appearance which helps with recruiting and attracting fans. You have to consider that not increasing the capacity slightly to 50,000 will force ticket prices and parking fees even higher. This is all about money and schools even within the ACC are going to want a bigger payday to play in a 44,500 seat stadium. ND, FSU, Clemson, maybe Cuse, Ohio St should all be sellouts with a decent BC team, especially if Wade turns into a star player.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Recruits visit the stadium in the off season. Enclosing the upper deck is valuable in selling the recruits on the facilties. Chair seats will keep the attendance down to 50,000 but will grealty improve the appearance which helps with recruiting and attracting fans. You have to consider that not increasing the capacity slightly to 50,000 will force ticket prices and parking fees even higher. This is all about money and schools even within the ACC are going to want a bigger payday to play in a 44,500 seat stadium. ND, FSU, Clemson, maybe Cuse, Ohio St should all be sellouts with a decent BC team, especially if Wade turns into a star player.

Jesus, shut the fuck up.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Recruits visit the stadium in the off season. Enclosing the upper deck is valuable in selling the recruits on the facilties. Chair seats will keep the attendance down to 50,000 but will grealty improve the appearance which helps with recruiting and attracting fans. You have to consider that not increasing the capacity slightly to 50,000 will force ticket prices and parking fees even higher. This is all about money and schools even within the ACC are going to want a bigger payday to play in a 44,500 seat stadium. ND, FSU, Clemson, maybe Cuse, Ohio St should all be sellouts with a decent BC team, especially if Wade turns into a star player.

Jesus, shut the fuck up.

Seconded.

Plus even if it weren't an incredibly stupid and unnecessary idea for the obvious economic reasons, enclosing the upper deck would also cut off the views of that beautiful fall foliage you can see from your seats throughout the stadium and which screams out "BC Football in New England."
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:01 am

I hope this is a gimmick.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:02 am

how do 15,000 empty seats provide more revenue than 10,000 empty seats?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:07 am

The new video boards is what will impress the recruits, not extra seats. It would be cool to show highlight films of BC games while the recruits are touring the stadium, followed up by some selective meatbombs or some great pics from the boathouse.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:23 am

Plus, try getting approval for those extra seats without a battle that would last for years. BC has bigger fish to fry right now.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:25 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The new video boards is what will impress the recruits, not extra seats. It would be cool to show highlight films of BC games while the recruits are touring the stadium, followed up by some selective meatbombs or some great pics from the boathouse.

Somebody around here must have the hackur skilz to get a meatbomb up there in HD.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The new video boards is what will impress the recruits, not extra seats. It would be cool to show highlight films of BC games while the recruits are touring the stadium, followed up by some selective meatbombs or some great pics from the boathouse.

Somebody around here must have the hackur skilz to get a meatbomb up there in HD.

good lord, that would be glorious.

bc football brought to you by tcby yogurt. some down and try their new "spoons"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:08 am

Maybe Master Bates can come up with some sort of Michael Jackson-like hologram to project images of fans sitting in imaginary seats in those filled-in corners when recruits come out to visit. That will keep eaglekeeper happy and keep his stupid posts to a minimum, impress recruits, and we won't have to battle Eva and her crew to get seats installed that we can't even fill.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Maybe Master Bates can come up with some sort of Michael Jackson-like hologram to project images of fans sitting in imaginary seats in those filled-in corners when recruits come out to visit. That will keep eaglekeeper happy and keep his stupid posts to a minimum, impress recruits, and we won't have to battle Eva and her crew to get seats installed that we can't even fill.

this is an interesting idea but it raises a few questions:

• will those holograms have to pay for tickets?

• what will their amenities requirements be? will they need holographic concessions and rest rooms (because right now we have neither)?

• will the holograms be shown in mustard t-shirts or will they be in maroon? if maroon - we should make the seats maroon as well. that way we'd need less holograms.

• will there be holographic fireworks? that will likely upset the neighbors even more than just the addition of seats.

• can the holograms be more tupac and less michael jackson? the church has enough problems without us glorifying a kid diddler

• do the holograms have a history of attracting or angering bears?

• can myles brand be one of the holograms? we can probably pop down to his office and get him to pose for us

• does robot insurance cover any potential damage caused by the holograms or the hologram process?

• will there be attractive holograms and can they be photographed for skanque poll purposes?

• will the holograms eat all the free tacos or will there be some left for the real fans in the fall?

• will there be holographic public transportaion or will they all park on a hologram of shea field? will they face required donation levels to earn a spot on shea field?

these are just the tip of the iceberg. i'm sure some of our deeper thinking posters will have additional ideas
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:53 am

In order to allay suspicion the hologram fans probably shouldn't appear before the second quarter. :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:31 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Maybe Master Bates can come up with some sort of Michael Jackson-like hologram to project images of fans sitting in imaginary seats in those filled-in corners when recruits come out to visit. That will keep eaglekeeper happy and keep his stupid posts to a minimum, impress recruits, and we won't have to battle Eva and her crew to get seats installed that we can't even fill.

Did you pick Michael Jackson because of the shower access for which BC is now notorious?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:In order to allay suspicion the hologram fans probably shouldn't appear before the second quarter. :screamyeagle

This is well played, sir.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:In order to allay suspicion the hologram fans probably shouldn't appear before the second quarter. :screamyeagle

This is well played, sir.

seconded
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 pm

This hologram thing is quite an ingenious concept. If it can work in the stands, then why not use it on the field as well? Like maybe create some extra defenders so when the opposing QB looks downfield, he sees the hologram covering his receiver in addition to the actual DB that is 10 yards behind him. When the QB complains to the ref for too many men on the field, just turn off the hologram and they can't prove anything.

Better get the engineering school on it right away.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:This hologram thing is quite an ingenious concept. If it can work in the stands, then why not use it on the field as well? Like maybe create some extra defenders so when the opposing QB looks downfield, he sees the hologram covering his receiver in addition to the actual DB that is 10 yards behind him. When the QB complains to the ref for too many men on the field, just turn off the hologram and they can't prove anything.

Better get the engineering school on it right away.

Careful, I wouldn't want the holograms taking up too many scholarships.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Why follow BC football if you have zero hope that the program will ever improve? Addazio has stated that the facilities including the stadium are a huge negative in recruiting. There is no reason why BC cannot sell 50,000 seats. Henning's teams sold out every home game and TOB's teams were over 40k with high parking fees until DBS killed it. Even with a horrible team for 5 years, crazy parking fees and DBS we still get 38k to ACC games. What has BC done to promote ticket sales? Did we miss Addazio's speaking tour, sorry what tour. It's on Bates to sell out the USC, Clemson and SU games this year. There really is no excuse for not being able to sell ACC football tickets at a university with a strong core base in a city that is passionate about sports.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:19 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Why follow BC football if you have zero hope that the program will ever improve? Addazio has stated that the facilities including the stadium are a huge negative in recruiting. There is no reason why BC cannot sell 50,000 seats. Henning's teams sold out every home game and TOB's teams were over 40k with high parking fees until DBS killed it. Even with a horrible team for 5 years, crazy parking fees and DBS we still get 38k to ACC games. What has BC done to promote ticket sales? Did we miss Addazio's speaking tour, sorry what tour. It's on Bates to sell out the USC, Clemson and SU games this year. There really is no excuse for not being able to sell ACC football tickets at a university with a strong core base in a city that is passionate about sports.

In the previous page, you claimed that 8-4 or 9-3 is the best BC can ever do regardless. Now you are chastising people for not wanting the program to improve.

So which is it?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:35 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Why follow BC football if you have zero hope that the program will ever improve? Addazio has stated that the facilities including the stadium are a huge negative in recruiting. There is no reason why BC cannot sell 50,000 seats. Henning's teams sold out every home game and TOB's teams were over 40k with high parking fees until DBS killed it. Even with a horrible team for 5 years, crazy parking fees and DBS we still get 38k to ACC games. What has BC done to promote ticket sales? Did we miss Addazio's speaking tour, sorry what tour. It's on Bates to sell out the USC, Clemson and SU games this year. There really is no excuse for not being able to sell ACC football tickets at a university with a strong core base in a city that is passionate about sports.

A public service announcement to get your Reif nominations in!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:48 am

This is too stupid for a Reif nomination.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium