New Video Boards

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New Video Boards

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:05 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:BC is calling people who sit in the upper deck whose view will be blocked by the new boards. I decided to move over a section rather than have obstructed view seats.

How "obstructed" is the view? Any obstruction at all seems like a horrible idea and makes me think the implementation is Image
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm

What sections are obstructed?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Seriously, WTF?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

They put giant video boards in a stadium that is never full and is small. The first few rows of the upper deck end zone center get obstructed. Get over it.

This is why we can't have nice things. When did you idiots prematurely become whalepants?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

First ~6 rows of KK & XX will require standing to see the whole field. Moved over a section so I wouldn't get 'down-in-front'ed the entire game.
Last edited by AdamBC on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They put giant video boards in a stadium that is never full and is small. The first few rows of the upper deck end zone center get obstructed. Get over it.

This is why we can't have nice things. When did you idiots prematurely become whalepants?

Not complaining, just curious as I have tickets in V V. I'll be going to the Maine game so I can probably sit anywhere I want up there.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:21 pm

I for one can't wait to see how the Tecmo Bowl cartoon guy looks on these new screens.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They put giant video boards in a stadium that is never full and is small. The first few rows of the upper deck end zone center get obstructed. Get over it.

Having seats with obstructed views is dumb - this wasn't built in 1918. end of story.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Having seats with obstructed views is dumb - this wasn't built in 1918. end of story.

There is also a small handful of people who have had those seats since the upper decks went up in the 90s. They're getting the shaft, and I hope they have been compensated in some way.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Just get rid of the seats. There are plenty
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

yep - not sure why you felt that my opinion was that it was better to save the seats and scrap the scoreboards.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

yep - not sure why you felt that my opinion was that it was better to save the seats and scrap the scoreboards.

Still annoyed about Allen Craig.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Why not just get rid of the obstructed seats and add new seats by closing in the corners? :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:11 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Why not just get rid of the obstructed seats and add new seats by closing in the corners? :shrug

Think of all the Plan A recruits that would come lining up if BC did that...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Think of all the Plan A recruits that would come lining up if BC did that...

you'd get to count those seats as net takeaways that could count against all the empty seats that will be added to close in the upper bowl.

let me know the next time the stadium sells out and losing this 6 rows of seats becomes an issue
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

never trust someone with two first names.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

never trust someone with two first names.

Just like you should never trust a woman with a hyphenated last name.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

The Boston Garden was built in 1928, not 1918.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 am

Did anyone get to see Monsters University on the new video boards this weekend?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Did anyone get to see Monsters University on the new video boards this weekend?

A picture of this showed up in my Facebook News Feed via the Boston College Athletics FB Page. I was very tempted to simply post "NERDS," but I figured I'd forgo commentary on the despicable generation on this sort of venue.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Did anyone get to see Monsters University on the new video boards this weekend?

A picture of this showed up in my Facebook News Feed via the Boston College Athletics FB Page. I was very tempted to simply post "NERDS," but I figured I'd forgo commentary on the despicable generation on this sort of venue.

Why would you post nerds? It was promoted for families to attend, not students.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:11 am

I don't think the students are even back yet.

I applaud Bates on this. Get alumni and local families on campus and build some goodwill.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:25 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I don't think the students are even back yet.

Freshmen move in Wednesday. Everyone else on Thursday.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Jimmy Warlock on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

You seem like an awesome person.
Jimmy Warlock
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I don't think the students are even back yet.

I applaud Bates on this. Get alumni and local families on campus and build some goodwill.

this was a missed opportunity for a mass meatbombing. if vinny was still a thing i would view it as his fault
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium