New Video Boards

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New Video Boards

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

One of the guys in the AD office just tweeted that Alumni is getting new video boards for next season.

The old one have been taken out as you can see in the photo ...

https://twitter.com/MConwayBC
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Re: New Video Boards

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Not that I'm complaining, but didn't they install new boards just a few years ago?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 28, 2014 12:27 pm

will we finally get back "signal deafening noise" techmo bowl guy?

if not, this is a HUGE waste of money
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed May 28, 2014 1:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:will we finally get back "signal deafening noise" techmo bowl guy?

Yes, and this time he'll have a hyphen or a colon or something to clarify what "signal deafening noise" actually means.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed May 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Now we will only be 10 years behind everyone else.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:... a colon ...

huang, hansen and chaz just ordered season tickets
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed May 28, 2014 1:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I figure you would also like to tickle TBG's colon, but ordering season tickets would require you to take an interest in Boston College athletics.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

I figure you would also like to tickle TBG's colon, but ordering season tickets would require you to take an interest in Boston College athletics.

tbg is an electronic character. he has no colon to tickle, silly b0mo aliass
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed May 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed May 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:will we finally get back "signal deafening noise" techmo bowl guy?

Yes, and this time he'll have a hyphen or a colon or something to clarify what "signal deafening noise" actually means.

I must have an answer to the actual meaning of the phrase or it will haunt me to my grave.

Is the noise so loud that it's signal-deafening?

Is that the signal for us to make the deafening noise?

I must know!
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 pm

i am not an expert, but i think it means we are supposed to deafen their signals.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 pm

if not, this is a HUGE waste of money

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 pm

They should be much larger and at the top of the stadium. The present location should be a luxury box. We need a video board like WF and the Pats. These are too small and too low.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 am

Given the way the present administration handles every other bit of its athletics-related business you can be sure that this will be done in a half-assed and on the cheap fashion.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Given the way the present administration handles every other bit of its athletics-related business you can be sure that this will be done in a half-assed and on the cheap fashion.

Bates apparently found a good deal on a Vizio Scoreboard on sale at Costco.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 am

... And it was a mac level costco!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 30, 2014 9:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Given the way the present administration handles every other bit of its athletics-related business you can be sure that this will be done in a half-assed and on the cheap fashion.

Bates apparently found a good deal on a Vizio Scoreboard on sale at Costco.

Was he at the Phoenix-area gamewatch?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

update from the master

From the Desk of the AD: Competing with Living Rooms
Director of Athletics Brad Bates sizes up the competition: Living rooms

June 17, 2014

Boston College parent Al Kelly was President and Chief Executive Officer of the 2014 NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee, the organization that presented Super Bowl XLVIII last February. While Al and his staff did an exceptional job of hosting this extraordinary event in a northern climate, I watched the game from the comfort of my living room and although the game was not close, it was enjoyable. The cost was cheap, parking proximate and the weather was perfect with a thermostatically controlled temperature of my choosing. There was plenty of food merely a refrigerator away with no waiting lines and benign customer service. The restroom was just down the hall and my wifi worked throughout the game. The TV projected images in high definition, the audio was clear and almost every play had slow motion replays allowing me to assess every detail and discuss with friends. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Living rooms are our competition!

As we prepare for the upcoming season, we are framing our game experience against our living rooms; we must provide a very affordable experience that appeals to a diversity of demographics. From parking to food options to in-game entertainment, we will continually look to make improvements. We are competing against your garage by searching for new options for proximate parking for season ticket holders or convenient shuttle drop-off locations with expedited and friendly service for those who prefer public transportation. We continue to seek food and beverage options that satisfy the traditionalist with hot dogs, yet offer unique foods that enhance the experience in a variety of activities from tailgating to hospitality tents. We are auditing our restrooms this summer in response to our fans' suggestions in terms of utilities, cleanliness and pedestrian flow. We are replacing our entire Alumni Stadium speaker system this summer to direct the sound as precisely as possible to each seat in the stadium. We continue to work with our internal and external staff to improve our customer service, attitude and fan engagement. The ACC recently changed legislation that will allow us to show multiple replays after each play.

AND, if you get the chance to visit Alumni Stadium this summer you will notice that construction is underway for a new video board and LED wrap-around panel that will illuminate the venue with numerous visual sensations; the University has chosen to make a significant investment to enhance your experience. The new video board will be twice the size of the previous board and the wrap-around panel will be a significant upgrade from static advertisements and motionless promotions. Replays will be prominent, highlights frequent, promotions entertaining and all will be experienced in high definition. What a perfect year to have our first two home games selected for evening kickoffs; the night games will feature our new video boards in magnificent ways.

The new boards symbolically and literally represent our commitment to beating the living room experience.

We may not have a thermostat that can control the temperature, but we have what a living room can never replicate - memories! From a creative and engaged student section next to a high-energy GOLD section to a non-stop marching band to showcasing celebrity alums to homecoming to tailgating to the Eagle Walk down the steps from Gasson to prime-time Saturday night hosting Pittsburgh and USC to seeing our live Eagle mascot prior to the game to the thrill of singing the fight song or high-fiving your best friend after a BC touchdown to walking on the field after the final game of the season to watching replays on our new video-board...

Pleasant is not necessarily memorable! Nothing appeals to all the senses better than attending a sporting event in person!

http://www.bceagles.com/genrel/061714aaa.html
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:update from the master

From the Desk of the AD: Competing with Living Rooms
Director of Athletics Brad Bates sizes up the competition: Living rooms

June 17, 2014

Boston College parent Al Kelly was President and Chief Executive Officer of the 2014 NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee, the organization that presented Super Bowl XLVIII last February. While Al and his staff did an exceptional job of hosting this extraordinary event in a northern climate, I watched the game from the comfort of my living room and although the game was not close, it was enjoyable. The cost was cheap, parking proximate and the weather was perfect with a thermostatically controlled temperature of my choosing. There was plenty of food merely a refrigerator away with no waiting lines and benign customer service. The restroom was just down the hall and my wifi worked throughout the game. The TV projected images in high definition, the audio was clear and almost every play had slow motion replays allowing me to assess every detail and discuss with friends. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Living rooms are our competition!

As we prepare for the upcoming season, we are framing our game experience against our living rooms; we must provide a very affordable experience that appeals to a diversity of demographics. From parking to food options to in-game entertainment, we will continually look to make improvements. We are competing against your garage by searching for new options for proximate parking for season ticket holders or convenient shuttle drop-off locations with expedited and friendly service for those who prefer public transportation. We continue to seek food and beverage options that satisfy the traditionalist with hot dogs, yet offer unique foods that enhance the experience in a variety of activities from tailgating to hospitality tents. We are auditing our restrooms this summer in response to our fans' suggestions in terms of utilities, cleanliness and pedestrian flow. We are replacing our entire Alumni Stadium speaker system this summer to direct the sound as precisely as possible to each seat in the stadium. We continue to work with our internal and external staff to improve our customer service, attitude and fan engagement. The ACC recently changed legislation that will allow us to show multiple replays after each play.

AND, if you get the chance to visit Alumni Stadium this summer you will notice that construction is underway for a new video board and LED wrap-around panel that will illuminate the venue with numerous visual sensations; the University has chosen to make a significant investment to enhance your experience. The new video board will be twice the size of the previous board and the wrap-around panel will be a significant upgrade from static advertisements and motionless promotions. Replays will be prominent, highlights frequent, promotions entertaining and all will be experienced in high definition. What a perfect year to have our first two home games selected for evening kickoffs; the night games will feature our new video boards in magnificent ways.

The new boards symbolically and literally represent our commitment to beating the living room experience.

We may not have a thermostat that can control the temperature, but we have what a living room can never replicate - memories! From a creative and engaged student section next to a high-energy GOLD section to a non-stop marching band to showcasing celebrity alums to homecoming to tailgating to the Eagle Walk down the steps from Gasson to prime-time Saturday night hosting Pittsburgh and USC to seeing our live Eagle mascot prior to the game to the thrill of singing the fight song or high-fiving your best friend after a BC touchdown to walking on the field after the final game of the season to watching replays on our new video-board...

Pleasant is not necessarily memorable! Nothing appeals to all the senses better than attending a sporting event in person!

http://www.bceagles.com/genrel/061714aaa.html

I'm curious to see how they'll do the wrap-around video board in the corners, especially between the north end zone and east sideline.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 am

hopefully it costs less than $142k an inch...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:31 pm

4 million for the new board. I thought there were going to be 2 boards, but the letter reads like just one board. They really need to enclose the upper deck and install all chair seats to appeal to recruits.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:4 million for the new board. I thought there were going to be 2 boards, but the letter reads like just one board. They really need to enclose the upper deck and install all chair seats to appeal to recruits.

FULL RETARD
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:4 million for the new board. I thought there were going to be 2 boards, but the letter reads like just one board. They really need to enclose the upper deck and install all chair seats to appeal to recruits.

FULL RETARD

Seats would look much better, I can see that. Those bleachers are not comfortable at all.

The enclosure is stupid, we can't even sell out the place now.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

FULL RETARD

Seats would look much better, I can see that.

No, seats would look much worse because it would be harder to hide all of the empty seats. As it is now, you can spread out and it's harder to tell just how empty the place is.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

FULL RETARD

Has Bates had to field one of these "enclose the upper decks" questions? It was funny how Coach Flip would always get one of these in his open Q&A sessions.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:03 pm

As it is twice the size and HD, why not utilize it as another income source by showing movies and shows on it? It would be pretty cool to watch Tyrion shoot his father with a crossbow on an enormous mega screen.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:As it is twice the size and HD, why not utilize it as another income source by showing movies and shows on it? It would be pretty cool to watch Tyrion shoot his father with a crossbow on an enormous mega screen.

i don't know what's worse, the spoiler with no warning or you thinking that this would bring in cash.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 pm

The stadium needs a complete overhaul to both be competive for top recruits, attract corporate dollars and to increase attendance. Silver bleachers look a lot more empty than maroon colored seats. Dark colors do not show up as well on TV. Enclosing the upper deck creates a lot of space under the stands. There are zero amenities under the deck on the press box side. You have to walk all the way through Conte and up 6 flights of stairs just to reach row 6 and back down again to use the bathroom. There could be escalators in the corners, concessions, bathrooms, club rooms, more luxury suites, etc. We all know why attendance is down (dbs and parking fees) and the lack of a great QB. Wade could be the guy that sells tickets.

It's not a question of if, but when BC realizes that they must put serious money into facilities to stay competitive. What is the point in donating money if BC will not invest those funds in facilities?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The stadium needs a complete overhaul to both be competive for top recruits, attract corporate dollars and to increase attendance. Silver bleachers look a lot more empty than maroon colored seats. Dark colors do not show up as well on TV. Enclosing the upper deck creates a lot of space under the stands. There are zero amenities under the deck on the press box side. You have to walk all the way through Conte and up 6 flights of stairs just to reach row 6 and back down again to use the bathroom. There could be escalators in the corners, concessions, bathrooms, club rooms, more luxury suites, etc. We all know why attendance is down (dbs and parking fees) and the lack of a great QB. Wade could be the guy that sells tickets.

It's not a question of if, but when BC realizes that they must put serious money into facilities to stay competitive. What is the point in donating money if BC will not invest those funds in facilities?

Your soapbox has worn down to a nub at this point.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:32 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The stadium needs a complete overhaul to both be competive for top recruits, attract corporate dollars and to increase attendance. Silver bleachers look a lot more empty than maroon colored seats. Dark colors do not show up as well on TV. Enclosing the upper deck creates a lot of space under the stands. There are zero amenities under the deck on the press box side. You have to walk all the way through Conte and up 6 flights of stairs just to reach row 6 and back down again to use the bathroom. There could be escalators in the corners, concessions, bathrooms, club rooms, more luxury suites, etc. We all know why attendance is down (dbs and parking fees) and the lack of a great QB. Wade could be the guy that sells tickets.

Your soapbox has worn down to a nub at this point.

He has a point on some issues. Alumni and Conte are really crappy facilities. Expanding them is dumb, but seats instead of bleachers, etc would make a big difference.

Unfortunately since BC is cheap, I can't imagine them making the investment
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium