Another transfer from Yukon?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Another transfer from Yukon?

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri May 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Safety Ty Meer-Brown supposedly signed a LOI to play his 5th year at BC....no idea if he's any good but he started 7 games for the puppies before getting hut so he should be able to help with depth if nothing else
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Re: Another transfer from Yukon?

Postby NJM89 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Ya this is true looks like he signed today

https://twitter.com/tymeerb15/status/467420482040377344
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Seemed like he had an issue that they were expecting to keep him off the field indefinitely.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/ty-meer-brown-talks-about-spinal-stenosis-coping-the-future/

Interesting to see him signing with BC. I wonder what changed.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Our secondary just got a huge shot in the arm if he's healthy.... 51 tackles in 7 games last year. Great pickup.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat May 17, 2014 11:55 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Our secondary just got a huge shot in the arm if he's healthy.... 51 tackles in 7 games last year. Great pickup.

I wish we could raid the JUCO ranks like an SEC school to bolster DB and WR. Oh wait, we just did with Phillips and Brown.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 17, 2014 1:29 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Our secondary just got a huge shot in the arm if he's healthy.... 51 tackles in 7 games last year. Great pickup.

I wish we could raid the JUCO ranks like an SEC school to bolster DB and WR. Oh wait, we just did with Phillips and Brown.

Well done duchie

Odd considering that program passed us years ago.

BTW just noticed, recruits really seem to be buying what former board favorite Diaco is selling

https://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat May 17, 2014 1:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Well done duchie

Odd considering that program passed us years ago.

BTW just noticed, recruits really seem to be buying what former board favorite Diaco is selling

https://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/

I guess Bates made the right choice between Diaco and Addazio.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat May 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:Seemed like he had an issue that they were expecting to keep him off the field indefinitely.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/ty-meer-brown-talks-about-spinal-stenosis-coping-the-future/

I'm obviously missing something: if he couldn't play for UCONN because of a spinal abnormality, how come he is going to play for us?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat May 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:Seemed like he had an issue that they were expecting to keep him off the field indefinitely.

I'm obviously missing something: if he couldn't play for UCONN because of a spinal abnormality, how come he is going to play for us?

The Butcher of Brighton is going to fix him up. No worries.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Good to see BC clawing it's way back to #1 in NE!

5th years SRs is a good alt to JUCOS, only 1 year eligibility vs 2 but you get a known quantity having played at the highest level for 4 years - esp all the guys from FL with SEC speeeed
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun May 18, 2014 6:45 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

It's funny cuz it's true!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun May 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

The Butcher of Brighton is going to fix him up. No worries.

Is whatsherface still carving these kids up?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 19, 2014 7:22 am

puppy pound seems to be taking it well

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ty-meer ... -bc.60330/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 am

Sounds like the kid is a really good player and will see a ton of the field here. Assume Williams and Simmons are the safeties with Asprilla and Brice Jones at CB? I assume Silva would rotate in on 3rd down along with Milano in Nickel.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Sounds like the kid is a really good player and will see a ton of the field here. Assume Williams and Simmons are the safeties with Asprilla and Brice Jones at CB? I assume Silva would rotate in on 3rd down along with Milano in Nickel.

Milano is a LB now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Interesting that the UConn doctors were the only ones not to clear him:

http://triblive.com/sports/otherlocal/6 ... z34nAqZsJb

“He'll be fine,” said his father Tim Brown, a former middle linebacker and captain of West Virginia's unbeaten 1993 team. “I didn't push him to do it. He said he's comfortable with his decision, so I am, too.”

After 21⁄2 seasons at UConn, Ty-Meer Brown said he was expecting to make an impact with the Boston College defense in the fall. He considered Georgia Tech and said that Kent State and Youngstown State showed interest.

“I just thought Boston College felt like the right place to be,” Brown said.

He will reunite with defensive coordinator Don Brown (no relation), who will enter his second season at Boston College after spending two years as defensive coordinator at UConn.

After learning of his spinal disorder, doctors at UConn midway through the 2013 season discouraged Brown from playing because of the possibility of paralysis. They said Brown was born with spinal stenosis, a compression of the spinal canal that slows the flow of fluid through the region and heightens the chances of a serious injury, particularly when playing contact sports.

Brown had sought treatment for a bulging disc in his neck when an MRI revealed more, and he underwent surgery at UPMC Presbyterian.

Newly named UConn coach Bob Diaco told Brown he could join the Huskies staff as a student coach. Brown declined, deciding instead to get more information.

“I got a few opinions from different doctors, and when it was all said and done, the UConn doctors were the only ones to say no,” said Brown, who captained McKeesport's 2009 team and was a member of the Trib's Terrific 25 all-star team.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Thornton Melon on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Can't blame UConn for being conservative with him. Not like they were trying to kick him out, sounds like they were trying to do right by him.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium