BC 2014 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC 2014 Spring Football

Postby basselope on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:My secretary wanted to know what the hell I have been laughing about for the last 10 minutes.
I showed her these posts and she did not smile even once.

Should I fire her?

does she accept the committment necessary to continue as your secretary INCLUDING the fact that you call her a secretary and clearly still work in the 80s?

does she ever smile?

did she ever work as a secretary in the southern florida area?

when calling to schedule a meeting out of the office has she ever asked you "Wwhhurre awl wwee gowwweengh tuh mweeet gnu"

She hates being called an Administrator Assistant....
She said If I call her that, she will kick me in the nads.

Yes, but only after 5PM.

Has never left Canton, Ohio.

She doesn't ask me anything, only gives me instructions.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:51 pm

so then you're the one that asks "wwhhurre awl wwee gowwweengh tuh mweeet gnu?"

would you like me to introduce you to our maroon named chaz b0mo?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:13 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:My secretary wanted to know what the hell I have been laughing about for the last 10 minutes.
I showed her these posts and she did not smile even once.

Should I fire her?

does she accept the committment necessary to continue as your secretary INCLUDING the fact that you call her a secretary and clearly still work in the 80s?

does she ever smile?

did she ever work as a secretary in the southern florida area?

when calling to schedule a meeting out of the office has she ever asked you "Wwhhurre awl wwee gowwweengh tuh mweeet gnu"

Has she ever done something that totally surprised you?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry to get off topic but it is good to hear that Sylvia is coming back. Is a great college DB? No, but he is better than Dom Williams and Simmons (no one could be worse than Crane); we didn't get to see much of Milano and who knows how the true FRs will pan out.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Sorry to get off topic but it is good to hear that Sylvia is coming back. Is a great college DB? No, but he is better than Dom Williams and Simmons (no one could be worse than Crane); we didn't get to see much of Milano and who knows how the true FRs will pan out.

Simmons is 30 times the athlete that Sylvia is. If Sylvia is a better safety, coach better.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Sorry to get off topic but it is good to hear that Sylvia is coming back. Is a great college DB? No, but he is better than Dom Williams and Simmons (no one could be worse than Crane); we didn't get to see much of Milano and who knows how the true FRs will pan out.

Simmons is 30 times the athlete that Sylvia is. If Sylvia is a better safety, coach better.

This.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This.

I would move Sylvia to a Josh Keyes/Kevin Akins type roll. Smallish LB who has speed (but not enough to play in a D-1 backfield) and can hit hard. Especially with a thin DL coming this year, in sets where we can rest DL and play a 3-4, a fast LB off the end would be a huge asset
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Simmons may be a great athlete but he missed way too many tackles against the Cuse. Brown must be pulling his hear out with that kid. :81 Whatever hair he has remaining. Sylvia has experience and experience can go a long way. :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:32 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Simmons may be a great athlete but he missed way too many tackles against the Cuse. Brown must be pulling his hear out with that kid. :81 Whatever hair he has remaining. Sylvia has experience and experience can go a long way. :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle

:whalepants :suicide
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:52 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This.

I would move Sylvia to a Josh Keyes/Kevin Akins type roll. Smallish LB who has speed (but not enough to play in a D-1 backfield) and can hit hard. Especially with a thin DL coming this year, in sets where we can rest DL and play a 3-4, a fast LB off the end would be a huge asset

:81
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 am

Regardless of what members of the board think of these players, we know what the coaching staff thinks of them based on the amount of time they played. Saying Sylvia isn't a loss is essentially saying that Brown didn't know his personnel.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:54 am

Is it 3-4 Season already?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Regardless of what members of the board think of these players, we know what the coaching staff thinks of them based on the amount of time they played. Saying Sylvia isn't a loss is essentially saying that Brown didn't know his personnel.

So in other words, exactly what I said.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Regardless of what members of the board think of these players, we know what the coaching staff thinks of them based on the amount of time they played. Saying Sylvia isn't a loss is essentially saying that Brown didn't know his personnel.

the difference being that you didn't spend the year calling don brown the worst dc in the history of college football with the uncanny ability to make every quarterback we faced look like matt ryan.

to answer your other post, it's not 3-4 season... it's "don brown is good" season. this will last until the 3rd or 4th week of august
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

the difference being that you didn't spend the year calling don brown the worst dc in the history of college football with the uncanny ability to make every quarterback we faced look like matt ryan.

to answer your other post, it's not 3-4 season... it's "don brown is good" season. this will last until the 3rd or 4th week of august

Speaking of Don Brown, is he going to come up with a replacement for Be a Dude? I was never a big fan. Sounds like an invitation to the Party Mansion.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Speaking of Don Brown, is he going to come up with a replacement for Be a Dude? I was never a big fan. Sounds like an invitation to the Party Mansion.

#keepalumnioutofourshowers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Maybe so, but who is better at handing out Ice Cream?
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

according to your secretary, you are. she said she finally got you trained
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Does she prefer the title "secretary"?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

according to bassy, and reference to "administrative assistant" will get him gelded. i assumed that meant that she liked "secretary" better but i guess it may mean that she just likes to remove men's testicles.

also, i've assumed it's a woman but that may also have been overly presumptuous. let's find out for sure.

hey bassy, was there any mention of what your secretary thought of the tour of the locker room/shower area?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

according to bassy, and reference to "administrative assistant" will get him gelded. i assumed that meant that she liked "secretary" better but i guess it may mean that she just likes to remove men's testicles.
also, i've assumed it's a woman but that may also have been overly presumptuous. let's find out for sure.
hey bassy, was there any mention of what your secretary thought of the tour of the locker room/shower area?

She is a female of East German / Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry, so one can never be certain.
I believe she could bench press Max Ricci's dad's bus.

Her only mention of a shower is something she demands the Indian Interns take before she will assigned them a cubicle.
Last edited by basselope on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

do horses whinny when they hear her name?

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/68198/qa-bc-center-andy-gallik

Just went to post this myself. Interesting comments about the QBs.

I liked hearing him say that the team felt they "fell a bit short." Sounds like they're hungry for more.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 am

When do we see the current roster?
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

update on spring practice:

http://www.bcheightssports.com/2014/03/ ... ce-update/

Spring Practice Update

By Connor Mellas - Sports Editor, March 18, 2014

Two weeks into spring practice, Boston College football head coach Steve Addazio gave an update on his team’s workouts.

“Guys are working really hard,” he said. “We’re fighting through our low numbers. We’ve got a bunch of guys—10, 11 guys, for various different reasons—are recovering from surgeries or out.”

On Darius Wade and Tyler Murphy:

“Good, you know, they’re swimming right now, there’s a lot of instillation going right now. Darius should be going to the prom and he’s trying to digest an offense, but he’s done a nice job. Tyler’s got a little bit more experience, but you know, you still get to this point in spring—you’re in practice six, seven, eight—and there’s a lot of instillation. It’s all part of it, but they’re doing a good job.

Addazio on Josh Bordner’s transition to receiver:

“He’s learning how to do a lot of things, block the perimeter, he’s doing a lot of different job descriptions and it’s a work in progress. By the end of spring he’ll take a big step forward and by the time we get to training camp he’ll be ready to play. Right now it’s overwhelming, he’s half a tight end, half a receiver—he’s got a big role.”

On the wide receivers:

“That whole group is really working hard. We lost that one guy that was a go-to guy, but all these other guys are getting better and starting to emerge now. We’re going to be more of a group of guys as opposed to a guy.”

“We’re going to be very young. We’re going to play a majority of young guys. We have a small cluster of older guys, but I knew that when I came here. I knew when I came here the biggest challenge wasn’t going to be year one, it was going to be year two, because of the recruiting classes.

“Some not great things happen on the field with young guys. They get beat, they get deep in the second, I mean all kinds of stuff happens. But you know in your heart that you build and you build and you build and you’re building that base back up again and you’re ready to refit your program to get it back to where it used to be.”

On team’s biggest voids:

“We don’t have any real depth at receiver. We have two running backs at spring practice right now. We recruited well, and we’ve got a bunch of good ones coming in, but they’re young. Receiver, same thing. Secondary, young.”

Addazio also said that early enrollee Isaac Yiadom, recruited as an athlete, is currently being looked at as cornerback.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

i would have given this article a b+ but there was no mention of the showers so it gets a d-
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Ronc112 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:update on spring practice:

On the wide receivers:

“That whole group is really working hard. We lost that one guy that was a go-to guy, but all these other guys are getting better and starting to emerge now. We’re going to be more of a group of guys as opposed to a guy.”

Why does Addazio refer to Amidon as "that one guy?" Does he not remember his name, or is it to make some point about looking to a future with multiple WR targets?
Ronc112
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:update on spring practice:

On the wide receivers:

Why does Addazio refer to Amidon as "that one guy?" Does he not remember his name, or is it to make some point about looking to a future with multiple WR targets?

Similar to how dudes just know, you would understand if you were a true "guy".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Our offensive line will be lining up 5 5th year seniors. Lost a lot of weapons but looks like our line might be one of the better ones in the ACC. In Spring practice the starters are

LT- Betancourt
LG- Vardaro
C-Gallik
RG-Williams
RT- Silberman
NJM89
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium