NFL Combine

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Combine

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:11 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:12 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

ESPN Boston states that Amidon was working out at Pro Day, so apparently keeping his options open.

Link? I couldn't find the story.
He could have been there helping Retig.

http://espn.go.com/boston/college-footb ... ge-pro-day
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:28 pm

new story in mmqb following bc's pro day:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/14/andre-wil ... t-journey/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:new story in mmqb following bc's pro day:

for those uncertain about clicking claver's link - go ahead... there are just the shirtless pictures you're looking for
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:12 pm

I'll read these as long as Peter King isn't writing them.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 pm

If Amidon doesn't make the cut as a Navy SEAL he still has 4-5 yr commitment as enlisted man, if he makes the cut then 4-5 years as a SEAL then over to Blackwater? He's doing Drunkle thinking.

Give NFL a shot and then use BC and all ACC as entree selling innovative financial products.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 am

From Walterfootball.com:

Boston College
Defensive lineman Kaleb Ramsey, a sixth-year senior who struggled his latter years at Boston College with multiple injuries, did not workout for scouts yesterday. Ramsey, a combine invitee, only lifted in Indianapolis (completing 36 reps) as he was sidelined with a tear in his calf muscle. The injury, which happened just a few weeks before the combine, has not healed. I'm told no date has yet been set up for Ramsey to workout prior to the draft.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:35 am

PRO DAYS
Andre Williams shows big improvement as pass catcher
Posted: March 15th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Andre Williams, Boston College, pro day

Running back Andre Williams was the main attraction at Boston College’s pro day Wednesday, when representatives from 29 NFL teams, including two linebacker coaches, were on hand to watch 15 players work out. The workouts took place indoors on FieldTurf, and the vertical jump was done in a weight room on a rubber surface.

Williams (5-11 1/2, 230 pounds) was asked to run three times. His first two times were 4.54 and 4.43. After such a big difference between his two times, he was asked to run a third time and posted a 4.57. He kept all the rest of his numbers from the combine.

Williams had a good workout, and most important for him, he showed dramatic improvement catching the football, with only two drops at his pro day. That’s something everyone will be checking on when they evaluate him, because if he does that he’ll have an excellent chance to advance in the draft. On his running skills alone, I think Williams would be a second-round choice. But when you combine that with his skills as a receiver, he slips back a bit, into the middle of the third or fourth round.

There were four other players of note at Boston College’s pro day:

Matt Patchan, OL: Patchan (6-6 3/8, 305 pounds) had a broad jump of 9-5. He ran the short shuttle in 4.63 and the three-cone drill in 7.45. He has 32 1/8-inch arms. He also had a positional workout.

Kevin Pierre-Louis, LB: Pierre-Louis (6-0 5/8, 236 pounds) stood on his numbers from the combine and did position drills only on his pro day.

Kaleb Ramsey, DE: Ramsey (6-2 7/8, 292 pounds) could not work out because he had a right-calf injury.

Kasim Edebali, DE: Edebali (6-2, 252 pounds) played defensive end but was worked out as a linebacker. He kept all his numbers from the combine.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Here's a write up on ALJ's Pro Day at his high school...

http://www.enterprisenews.com/article/20140403/Sports/140408101
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I'll read these as long as Peter King isn't writing them.

Another one from Andre talking about when he was the victim of a hit in run as a kid and his heart stopped for 10 minutes

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/29/nfl-draft ... -accident/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Casey on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Here's a write up on ALJ's Pro Day at his high school...

Anyone know the real story with ALJ's "decision" to leave early for the NFL?

I doubt anyone is buying that he voluntarily jumped ship 2 years early because he thought he was fully prepared to pursue his life-long dream of playing in the NFL. No way any coach, agent, or NFL-evaluation service supported that decision. And his quotes are replete with implied references to past mistakes.

The strongest evidence that he didn't leave BC on good terms, is that he wasn't invited to BC's pro-day, instead had to stage his own combine at a high school. Heck, players from other Boston-area schools are regularly attend BC's pro-day.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 am

Casey {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:Here's a write up on ALJ's Pro Day at his high school...

Anyone know the real story with ALJ's "decision" to leave early for the NFL?

I doubt anyone is buying that he voluntarily jumped ship 2 years early because he thought he was fully prepared to pursue his life-long dream of playing in the NFL. No way any coach, agent, or NFL-evaluation service supported that decision. And his quotes are replete with implied references to past mistakes.

The strongest evidence that he didn't leave BC on good terms, is that he wasn't invited to BC's pro-day, instead had to stage his own combine at a high school. Heck, players from other Boston-area schools are regularly attend BC's pro-day.

He was also suspended for the Nova and bowl game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 am

:seanwilliams :shrug
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

little writeup on chase...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... f=sihp#all

Chase Rettig, QB, Boston College -- Rettig didn't earn an invite to the league's scouting combine in Indianapolis in February and had to make due working out for the NFL at a regional combine in SoCal. But he's not without NFL-worthy credentials. He started 46 games for the Eagles the past four seasons, threw for more than 8,200 yards and 52 touchdowns, and his completion percentage and passer rating got higher every year. And he wasn't easily rattled either, given that he played for five offensive coordinators over that span, and starred for a Boston College team in 2013 that took a run-first approach with lead back Andre Williams being showcased in new head coach Steve Addazio's offense.

Rettig has more than sufficient NFL size at 6-2, 208, and some see a lot of Andy Dalton in him, even though his arm is stronger than that of the Bengals' starter. Rettig worked out this spring for the Patriots in Foxboro, and New England and Oakland are thought to be teams with some level of interest in him as a potential seventh-round pick or priority free agent.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}: And he wasn't easily rattled either, given that he played for five offensive coordinators over that span

As much as this worked against Chase statistically, I think it will help him hang on in the league for a while.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 02, 2014 2:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}: And he wasn't easily rattled either, given that he played for five offensive coordinators over that span

As much as this worked against Chase statistically, I think it will help him hang on in the league for a while.

I was going to say, NFL guys are going to see this, and the fact that he had no issues taking a back seat to Andre for the good of the team, as MAJOR pluses when they consider him late or in FA
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri May 02, 2014 4:05 pm

As much as I wasn't a Rettig fan, I would love to see him drafted/latch on with an NFL team. It can only help the school with future recruits.

The more BC guys in the NFL the better.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm

I never really pay that much attention to all the NFL mock drafts, but how many BC guys will get a phone call this weekend?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Ray Lewis isn't great at this.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu May 08, 2014 7:56 pm

related to our clemson friend?

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu May 08, 2014 8:01 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:related to our clemson friend?

OMG, totally!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Ray Lewis isn't great at this.

Chris Berman is more awful than Chris Berman.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu May 08, 2014 9:31 pm

What's up with every player giving Goodell a huge man hug? It's not like they know each other very well. I don't know too many guys who go around hugging strangers
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby basselope on Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 pm

playing take a drink every time they mention Johnny Football

I am shitfaced
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri May 09, 2014 7:02 am

basselope {l Wrote}:playing take a drink every time they mention Johnny Football

I am shitfaced

shaping up to be a pretty nice little draft for Cleveburg. The Bills way overpaid to get Watkins so now the browns have a ton of picks that they can screw up next year.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 09, 2014 7:13 am

solid job by the bills giving up a top 10 pick next year to move up what 3 slots?

as for berman, i watched nfl network. if it wasn't for live sports, i don't think i'd ever watch espn
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri May 09, 2014 7:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:solid job by the bills giving up a top 10 pick next year to move up what 3 slots?

as for berman, i watched nfl network. if it wasn't for live sports, i don't think i'd ever watch espn

There was one point where Kiper (exhausting) and Gruden (even more exhausting) got into an argument about Johnny Manziel, followed by an awkward silence. Literally, an awkward silence on live, national television, and Berman just started mumbling something. It made for great comedy.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:solid job by the bills giving up a top 10 pick next year to move up what 3 slots?

There was one point where Kiper (exhausting) and Gruden (even more exhausting) got into an argument about Johnny Manziel, followed by an awkward silence. Literally, an awkward silence on live, national television, and Berman just started mumbling something. It made for great comedy.

I don't keep up too much on off-season nfl news, don't prepare for the draft, and I'm not employed by the largest, most recognizable sports network in the world, but I could have done a better job than Berman. He has problems.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 09, 2014 8:21 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

I don't keep up too much on off-season nfl news, don't prepare for the draft, and I'm not employed by the largest, most recognizable sports network in the world, but I could have done a better job than Berman. He has problems. The one time we met in person he did something I wasn't expecting.

Chapter 7
He put it in his butt.

i wish shocker still let me go back and edit other people's posts. stupid chaz, ruining it for all of us
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 09, 2014 8:48 am

talon {l Wrote}:I never really pay that much attention to all the NFL mock drafts, but how many BC guys will get a phone call this weekend?

I'm going to say three.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium