Keeks named DPOY

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Keeks named DPOY

Postby joesim on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:37 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10388 ... 013-season

The Defensive Player of the Year award went to Luke Kuechly, adding the honor to his top defensive rookie award of 2012.

Carolina's All-Pro linebacker received 19 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league in balloting announced Saturday night. He beat out Indianapolis All-Pro linebacker Robert Mathis, who earned 11½ votes.

Kuechly was credited with 96 tackles for a defense that allowed 241 points, fewer than any team except NFC champion Seattle. He also had four interceptions, two sacks, eight passes defensed, and was a presence from sideline to sideline on the NFL's No. 2 unit.
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Re: Keeks named DPOY

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 am

Jags couldn't recruit
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Jags couldn't recruit

He was a Spaz recruit.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:26 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

He was a Spaz recruit.

He was jags recruited and spaz coached...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

He was a Spaz recruit.

He technically committed to BC shortly after Spaz was hired, but had been a heavy BC lean for months and most likely would have come to BC either way.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

He might have played a 4th YR at BC if not for the Spaz shitshow but if they won a couple more games his 4th year it might have added another year of shitshow time

he was a DB in HS and not that highly rated,right, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby hoya80 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 pm

He played a safety position that resembles more of a monster linebacker position. Usually the best tackling athlete plays that position. Sean Duggan may also have played that position after Luke's graduation. His recruitment to BC had as much to do w/the STX players then on the roster than Jags or Spaz. There was such an established tradition that BC benefitted from that history. Unfortunately, that tradition is not as strong and hopefully BC will regain it, as it has done w/Bosco. Also, he was always regarded as a very good player (excellent lacrosse player) athough lightly recruited, much like Alex Albright, relative to his talent.
hoya80
n00b

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:27 am

joesim {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10388569/nfl-awards-announced-2013-season

The Defensive Player of the Year award went to Luke Kuechly, adding the honor to his top defensive rookie award of 2012.

I believe this is only the second time that a ROY winner has followed that up with a POY award the following season. The first... Lawrence Taylor.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10388569/nfl-awards-announced-2013-season

I believe this is only the second time that a ROY winner has followed that up with a POY award the following season. The first... Lawrence Taylor.

the good news - coke connections are more difficult to come by in the queen city
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

the good news - coke connections are more difficult to come by in the queen city

Yeah... but what about underaged prostitutes?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby IgnacioA26er on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:31 am

Why do you think LT's motor never stopped? Cocaine is a helluva drug!
IgnacioA26er
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah... but what about underaged prostitutes?

charlotte has those but they devote their time to participating in the bachelor
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I've been to Charlotte. I doubt that. Maybe connections who can get the quality befitting a man of LT's appetites, I suppose.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle216 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

In junior high and high school, when LT was in his prime, I used to see him everywhere, always fucked up. Getting his dry cleaning, getting some DQ, at CVS buying god knows what, at the Mall. Everywhere.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

In junior high and high school, when LT was in his prime, I used to see him everywhere, always fucked up. Getting his dry cleaning, getting some DQ, at CVS buying god knows what, at the Mall. Everywhere.

were you one of his prostitues?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby IgnacioA26er on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:52 pm

No, he was his coke slinger! Break the addiction man, it's not healthy.
IgnacioA26er
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:42 pm

IgnacioA26er {l Wrote}:No, he was his coke slinger! Break the addiction man, it's not healthy.

boner coke?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:55 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I used to see him all the time too... but usually it was when he was with his kid (he used to bring him bowling to Montvale Lanes on a weekly basis which was then followed up with a trip to Burger King). He was pretty normal and unassuming (other than being like the only black guy in Bergen County not named Willie Randolph).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:02 pm

[/quote]
I used to see him all the time too... but usually it was when he was with his kid (he used to bring him bowling to Montvale Lanes on a weekly basis which was then followed up with a trip to Burger King). He was pretty normal and unassuming (other than being like the only black guy in Bergen County not named Willie Randolph).[/quote

Did you serve him fries or onion rings?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:22 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

I used to see him all the time too... but usually it was when he was with his kid (he used to bring him bowling to Montvale Lanes on a weekly basis which was then followed up with a trip to Burger King). He was pretty normal and unassuming (other than being like the only black guy in Bergen County not named Willie Randolph).[/quote

Did you serve him fries or onion rings?[/quote]
mo.j.'s told this story before. lt was the originator of "frings"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

mo.j.'s told this story before. lt was the originator of "frings"[/quote]

I can't keep up with all the shenanigans on this board. Does that mean mo.j. Is Lord of the Frings?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

mo.j.'s told this story before. lt was the originator of "frings"[/quote]
First Boston Strong, now frings? Next thing you know some other governor is going to go around asking people if they know who he is. Where does this madness end?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:I used to see him all the time too... but usually it was when he was with his kid (he used to bring him bowling to Montvale Lanes on a weekly basis which was then followed up with a trip to Burger King). He was pretty normal and unassuming (other than being like the only black guy in Bergen County not named Willie Randolph).[/quote

mo.j.'s told this story before. lt was the originator of "frings"

First Boston Strong, now frings? Next thing you know some other governor is going to go around asking people if they know who he is. Where does this madness end?

or at least ask why people can't effing quote properly
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:01 am

says the guy who destroyed first unread post
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:says the guy who destroyed first unread post

:whammy
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:59 pm

shut up, hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Seems like Keeks is going to play a role in the Opening of each Sunday Night Football Game on NBC.
https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-count ... 32472.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium