Long Live The Nexus

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Long Live The Nexus

Postby Bunratty on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Hello Fellow Outsiders,

Just found the site today and registered. What a great idea - run by "BC Guys"- no Xander - no bullshit - no rules!

Let the fun begin ...................... Long Live The Nexus!!!
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Re: Long Live The Nexus

Postby ryfarls on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:48 pm

No parents. No Rules. YEAaAAAAAAAA!
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 pm

IMO, the biggest loss is that visiting fans will not stumble on to this site the way they stumbled upon EI.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:57 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:IMO, the biggest loss is that visiting fans will not stumble on to this site the way they stumbled upon EI.

Yes they will and bunratty already got my clue on EI. Nice work.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:IMO, the biggest loss is that visiting fans will not stumble on to this site the way they stumbled upon EI.

This place opened to the masses 4 days ago. Word will spread. I have no problem with anyone letting everyone know of this place. Feel free to spread the word. This is the Nexus, nay, WE are the NEXUS, and we will prove the same over time.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby trek152 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm

should we make some effort to save the ei dictionary and repost it here? or are we going to need to build another one from scratch?
trek152
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:08 pm

we need to be indexed on message board directories

like this one:

http://www.collegesports-fans.com/colle ... oards.html
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:16 pm

What about a Recruiting Thread?

Also, will Talon's BFF OJ make it here? If he does, do you think he comes as himself or does he try to make himself into a new forum personna. Even if he tries it, the true douchiness will quickly come out and he'll be outed.

Edit - LOL, I typed "O" and "J" and "King of Dicks" automatically appears. Nice touch!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:24 pm

I have saved the original HTML pages of the Nexus Dictionary.

Once we establish ourselves a bit more, I can imagine we will not have a problem developing relationships with other ACC schools.

I plan on having a drop down on the header with other school's boards.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:36 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:What about a Recruiting Thread?

Also, will Talon's BFF King of Dicks make it here? If he does, do you think he comes as himself or does he try to make himself into a new forum personna. Even if he tries it, the true douchiness will quickly come out and he'll be outed.

Edit - LOL, I typed "O" and "J" and "King of Dicks" automatically appears. Nice touch!

I'm working on a recruiting thread right now just like I made on EI should be up by tommorow night. Trying to get it done tonight.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:06 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This place opened to the masses 4 days ago. Word will spread. I have no problem with anyone letting everyone know of this place. Feel free to spread the word. This is the Nexus, nay, WE are the NEXUS, and we will prove the same over time.

It wasn't a criticism. Remember when EI people stumbled upon the NU and Kent State message boards? That's beause they were part of the Scout network. It would have been more difficult if those were independant site. This site, while freedom loving, is not part of a greater network. That's the simple reason why it'll be harder for opposing fans to find it, although Mezz and others may be all-knowing and here already.

That being said, perhaps expanding this site to cover other fanbases as well is the next great idea of its founders...
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:10 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

It wasn't a criticism. Remember when EI people stumbled upon the NU and Kent State message boards? That's beause they were part of the Scout network. It would have been more difficult if those were independant site. This site, while freedom loving, is not part of a greater network. That's the simple reason why it'll be harder for opposing fans to find it, although Mezz and others may be all-knowing and here already.

That being said, perhaps expanding this site to cover other fanbases as well is the next great idea of its founders...

the Kent State board on scout is dead: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=344&f=1251
the Kent State board not on scout actually has some posts, some by OJ: http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=474
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Tell Shadow Spawne and spread the word. I already told UConnbaseballCWSstufffootballguy
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 pm

I was on the old nexus the other day and sent a PM to uconnCWSfootballbaseballnaghoops as well. Surprised I haven't seen him sign up (or even in the inactive queue)
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:29 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

the Kent State board on scout is dead: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=344&f=1251
the Kent State board not on scout actually has some posts, some by King of Dicks: http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=474

I came across this board once when looking for BC castoffs during one of the spats. It's the scourge of the entire Scout network - considering the hijackers (WVU trash) and the content. It was kind of like viewing a car wreck - you couldn't help but look with interest.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=431&f=1328
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 pm

:shock:
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 pm

I was mesmerized by the naughty girl bits animated GIF thread.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:11 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

the clemson board knows all.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium