2014 Football Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2014 Football Schedule

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:When buying individual game tickets from the BC site, what sections do I want to be in and which to avoid? Don't want to sit with visiting fans

L & O are the primary visitor sections. For teams that bring a lot of fans, they will sometimes put them in X or Y.

Personally, I avoid the lower level end zone seats because I have trouble seeing when the ball is on the opposite side of the field. Beyond that, I think you have a decent view from everywhere else in the stadium.

If you care about such things, the home sideline sections B-E and BB-GG offer easy access to Conte Forum, which is heated and tends to have shorter bathroom and concession lines.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:34 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:When buying individual game tickets from the BC site, what sections do I want to be in and which to avoid? Don't want to sit with visiting fans

L & O are the primary visitor sections. For teams that bring a lot of fans, they will sometimes put them in X or Y.

Personally, I avoid the lower level end zone seats because I have trouble seeing when the ball is on the opposite side of the field. Beyond that, I think you have a decent view from everywhere else in the stadium.

If you care about such things, the home sideline sections B-E and BB-GG offer easy access to Conte Forum, which is heated and tends to have shorter bathroom and concession lines.

Many thanks. My memory sucks and the wife/kids do care about such things
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm more optimistic, now that I see what BC can do. I'm hopeful for a winning season and actually have a good chance to beat some of the ACC teams like Clemson and Syracuse at home, especially the Tigers who have owned us recently with the recent demise of the program under Spaz and GDF.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:51 pm

In a display of unbridled optimism after that last win I was looking at the schedule moving forward and struck by how favorable the rest of the season really is. We still have tough games obviously (Clemson, VT, Louisville, FSU), but we play most teams at the absolute perfect time. In almost every case we play teams right after they finish at least one, and sometimes a long string of tough games. And often we're the week before our opponents' bigger games.

- NCST: FSU, @Clemson, BC, @Louisville. No byes during that stretch. BC has a bye the week before.
- Clemson: FSU, UNC, NCST, Louisville, @BC. No byes during that stretch. BC gets @NCST the week before.
- VT: @UNC, @Pitt, Miami, BC, @Duke. Byes between UNC and Pitt and after the BC game. BC gets Wake the week before.
- Louisville: @Clemson, NCST, FSU, @BC, @ND. Bye before FSU and before ND. Clearly we're the afterthought.
- FSU: @Miami, BC, Florida. Ok, we're going to lose. Let's be real. But at least we're sandwiched between their two biggest games with no byes in between. And we have a bye week going into it. Maybe as good as it gets.

It's almost as though Swofford and the powers that be expected BC to be a basement dweller and was trying to toss the golden children in the conference an easy game after a tough stretch or the week before a big matchup. Well, Swofford might've been wrong and this could really work out for BC. A lot of the teams on our schedule moving forward might be beaten down or looking ahead to the next week when Daz and co. roll into town!

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Last edited by dtwalrus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:In a display of unbridled optimism after that last win I was looking at the schedule moving forward and struck by how favorable the rest of the season really is. We still have tough games obviously (Clemson, VT, Louisville, FSU), but we play most teams at the absolute perfect time. In almost every case we play teams right after they finish at least one, and sometimes a long string of tough games. And often we're the week before our opponents' bigger games.

- NCST: FSU, @Clemson, BC, @Louisville. No byes during that stretch. BC gets Colorado State the week before.
- Clemson: FSU, UNC, NCST, Louisville, @BC. No byes during that stretch. BC gets @NCST the week before.
- VT: @UNC, @Pitt, Miami, BC, @Duke. Byes between UNC and Pitt and after the BC game. BC gets Wake the week before.
- Louisville: @Clemson, NCST, FSU, @BC, @ND. Bye before FSU and before ND. Clearly we're the afterthought.
- FSU: @Miami, BC, Florida. Ok, we're going to lose. Let's be real. But at least we're sandwiched between their two biggest games with no byes in between. Maybe as good as it gets.

It's almost as though Swofford and the powers that be expected BC to be a basement dweller and was trying to toss the golden children in the conference an easy game after a tough stretch or the week before a big matchup. Well, Swofford might've been wrong and this could really work out for BC. A lot of the teams on our schedule moving forward might be beaten down or looking ahead to the next week when Daz and co. roll into town!

So, you mean we are going 11-1 this regular season?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:In a display of unbridled optimism after that last win I was looking at the schedule moving forward and struck by how favorable the rest of the season really is. We still have tough games obviously (Clemson, VT, Louisville, FSU), but we play most teams at the absolute perfect time. In almost every case we play teams right after they finish at least one, and sometimes a long string of tough games. And often we're the week before our opponents' bigger games.

- NCST: FSU, @Clemson, BC, @Louisville. No byes during that stretch. BC gets Colorado State the week before.
- FSU: @Miami, BC, Florida. Ok, we're going to lose. Let's be real. But at least we're sandwiched between their two biggest games with no byes in between. Maybe as good as it gets.

That is 100% idiotic. I never, ever said that.

Clearly if you read the fine print I listed us losing to FSU despite the favorable schedule. 10-2!!!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

That is 100% idiotic. I never, ever said that.

Clearly if you read the fine print I listed us losing to FSU despite the favorable schedule. 10-2!!!

I'll take it!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:04 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I agree about sections B-E being awesome. Not sure you can get seats therein all those sections over the website (many are DBS), but if you give to the Flynn Fund I think you can just call the ticket office and probably get some very good seats in those sections.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I agree about sections B-E being awesome. Not sure you can get seats therein all those sections over the website (many are DBS), but if you give to the Flynn Fund I think you can just call the ticket office and probably get some very good seats in those sections.

B-E could be tough depending on the game, but you should be able to get tickets upstairs no problem with or without donating.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:12:30 start for Colorado St game. We better get the 3:30 slot for the Clemson game.

Win out until then and its yours.

Head of the Charles in Clemson weekend. I was just booking a hotel and it was more ridiculous than normal.

If we win out until Clemson that could be a night game. I also don't see that happening
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:12:30 start for Colorado St game. We better get the 3:30 slot for the Clemson game.

Win out until then and its yours.

Head of the Charles in Clemson weekend. I was just booking a hotel and it was more ridiculous than normal.

If we win out until Clemson that could be a night game. I also don't see that happening

It's the only home game in October (which is crazy). Should be decent ticket demand for that one.

Lots of people are going to be canceling their apple picking plans to start going to BC games!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium