Al Louis Jean

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Al Louis Jean

Postby BCdee on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Declares for the NFL Draft. Saw on the twitter machine via BC Interruption. :shrug
Last edited by BCdee on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Re: Al Louis Jean

Postby Iggle on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:40 pm

huh.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:huh.

'Huh' is exactly what I was thinking along with 'whaaaaaaaat???!?'
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:59 pm

BC is the type of team that can't thrive with "divas" like ALJ. Sure he was highly touted and had all that potential, but he didn't do much for us. He wasn't a starter like he should have been. Getting him out opens a space for someone that wants to be here and wants to help BC become great again.

Fine with me.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:

He didn't travel down for the bowl game so I wonder if it was a grade issue or some type of suspension that made him go the nfl route.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:44 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

He didn't travel down for the bowl game so I wonder if it was a grade issue or some type of suspension that made him go the nfl route.

He was suspended for Nova game as well.
His father has confirmed (sort of) this on TOS.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:13 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Declares for the NFL Draft. Saw on the twitter machine via BC Interruption. :shrug

One of the reasons Gene felt compelled (or so he claimed) to give Luigi his extension was the recruitment of ALJ after he re-opened his recruiting. Spaz was getting the crap kicked out of him on the recruiting trail because and it was rightfully being pointed out that :spaz3 was not going to be the BC coach for very long. Doomed from the start. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Is there any chance he gets drafted?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Casey on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:47 pm

BC's 4 star curse continues
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:20 pm

I thought ALJ played well when given a chance. I have no idea what kept him off the field. But, I'd guess it was a combo of stupidity and being a malcontent.

Some will say it is the 4-star curse. I say he was just another casualty of Mass HS football.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I thought ALJ played well when given a chance. I have no idea what kept him off the field. But, I'd guess it was a combo of stupidity and being a malcontent.

Some will say it is the 4-star curse. I say he was just another casualty of Mass HS football.

Don brown
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I thought ALJ played well when given a chance. I have no idea what kept him off the field. But, I'd guess it was a combo of stupidity and being a malcontent.

Don brown

Let's not get bogged down in the details. We can all agree that whatever may have happened, HJS was right the whole time.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:25 pm

He was ok as a true freshman. This year he was terrible. Slow and poor tackler.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 am

Is Max Holloway his advisor?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 am

he tweeted the day of the ballgame something about "for the last time I am not playing". I remember thinking that may have been it for him.

BC does kind of have a 4 star curse. But I think MASS HS fb has been relatively good for BC. Tony Gonzalez, Taylor Sele, Gosder Cherilus, Tyrone Pruitt, LV Whitworth, Ron Brace, Robert Francois (Gov Drummer Academy),Jerry Willette, Austin Giles, Nick Rossi, Mike McLaughlin, McCluskey, Jeff Smith, Billy Flutie, Thomas Claiborne, Chris Fox - all good contributors in the 03-08 period when BC was going to bowls every year.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:33 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:he tweeted the day of the ballgame something about "for the last time I am not playing". I remember thinking that may have been it for him.

BC does kind of have a 4 star curse. But I think MASS HS fb has been relatively good for BC. Tony Gonzalez, Taylor Sele, Gosder Cherilus, Tyrone Pruitt, LV Whitworth, Ron Brace, Robert Francois (Gov Drummer Academy),Jerry Willette, Austin Giles, Nick Rossi, Mike McLaughlin, McCluskey, Jeff Smith, Billy Flutie, Thomas Claiborne, Chris Fox - all good contributors in the 03-08 period when BC was going to bowls every year.

I'm just quoting this list before it can be edited.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is there any chance he gets drafted?

No.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am

I think BC should stop going after those infernal 4 stars, daggummit. Always seem to be a disaster. Rather have me some mediocre 2 stars that are "reliable". Now, hand me my dentures Mary Margaret, we got tailgating to do !
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think BC should stop going after those infernal 4 stars, daggummit. Always seem to be a disaster. Rather have me some mediocre 2 stars that are "reliable". Now, hand me my dentures Mary Margaret, we got tailgating to do !

(a) you posted this at EO instead of tos
(2) you forgot to mention the lack of "fit" for alj
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is there any chance he gets drafted?

No.

Yeah, he couldn't even consistently crack the starting lineup for possibly the worst secondary in a power conference. If he impresses at the compound/pro day he could get picked up somewhere as an UDFA but that's about it.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:BC is the type of team that can't thrive with "divas" like ALJ. Sure he was highly touted and had all that potential, but he didn't do much for us. He wasn't a starter like he should have been. Getting him out opens a space for someone that wants to be here and wants to help BC become great again.

Fine with me.

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:00 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/34108/bears-promote-brocktons-louis-jean-to-53-man

8 months ago, I never would have thought possible. Good for him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm impressed but a little ticked off. Someone should have tapped into this talent while he was at BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm impressed but a little ticked off. Someone should have tapped into this talent while he was at BC.

Starting with him
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm impressed but a little ticked off. Someone should have tapped into this talent while he was at BC.

Starting with him

Yes. I know he was injured a lot, but I do think he coasted while he was at BC, too.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Starting with him

Yes. I know he was injured a lot, but I do think he coasted while he was at BC, too.

This is what I posted in the lead up to the FSU game last year (when ALJ was listed on the depth chart essentially as the 3rd string CB).

On the ALJ front... I have to say that ALJ was one of maybe 2 or 3 defensive players who looked like belonged on the same field as USC's offense. I get that he may not be exactly where we want him to be (in terms of preparation, etc.). But, when you play these skill teams, you sometimes have to go with pure athletic ability over players who have made their name with hard-work and preparation.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13813&p=359687&hilit=usc+ALJ#p359687

What I find bizarre in all of this is that ALJ is the type of CB you'd think Don Brown's defense would love... as he has the athleticism to be left on an island while you dial-up blitzes.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Starting with him

This is what I posted in the lead up to the FSU game last year (when ALJ was listed on the depth chart essentially as the 3rd string CB).

On the ALJ front... I have to say that ALJ was one of maybe 2 or 3 defensive players who looked like belonged on the same field as USC's offense. I get that he may not be exactly where we want him to be (in terms of preparation, etc.). But, when you play these skill teams, you sometimes have to go with pure athletic ability over players who have made their name with hard-work and preparation.
http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... LJ#p359687

What I find bizarre in all of this is that ALJ is the type of CB you'd think Don Brown's defense would love... as he has the athleticism to be left on an island while you dial-up blitzes.

Your head has to be in the game to play press coverage.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesmith on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/34108/bears-promote-brocktons-louis-jean-to-53-man

The Bears secondary is an absolute train wreck. Everyone in Chicago hates Conte, but now he looks good compared to the rookies and practice squad guys playing safety. Kyle Fuller was a good draft pick, but the Bears are going to go 6-10 at best if they can't figure out this mess. Hence why ALJ is on the active roster.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:31 pm

ALJ getting lots of playing time in this Patriots blowout. Tom Brady actually picking on him a little bit
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium