BC-Notre Dame at Fenway in football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC-Notre Dame at Fenway in football

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm sure this is a big hit on EA. I don't understand why folks are remotely surprised and acting like this is some sort of game that should be included in the season tix package. This is an ND HOME GAME. They can charge PSLs and whatever the hell they want. Feel lucky that there will BC in the stands. Kudos to ND. They knew that they could scare off most of the fandom by pricing tix in the 3-digits.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm looking forward to the old guys that think the ND game is important dying off.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm sure this is a big hit on EA. I don't understand why folks are remotely surprised and acting like this is some sort of game that should be included in the season tix package. This is an ND HOME GAME. They can charge PSLs and whatever the hell they want. Feel lucky that there will BC in the stands. Kudos to ND. They knew that they could scare off most of the fandom by pricing tix in the 3-digits.

Ask and you shall receive....

To put this in perspective, we paid $320 each face value to Game 6 of the World Series in 2013 when the Sox won at home! And it was a decent seat! They are not even telling us where these seats are!
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm

For the cost of one of these tickets you can fly to Greenville-Spartanburg for the Clemson game, just sayin'.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Anyone know if they are adding seats anywhere or is capacity the same for a Red Sox game?
Any clue of how many BC will be allotted?
And most importantly, will beer be served?*

*Fenway has the most expensive beer in baseball!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:For the cost of one of these tickets you can fly to Greenville-Spartanburg for the Clemson game, just sayin'.

And see a more interesting game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:For the cost of one of these tickets you can fly to Greenville-Spartanburg for the Clemson game, just sayin'.

And more meaningful.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 pm

you can get a house for the weekend for the cost of 1 of these tickets

i'll pass
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:27 pm

I like the part that they expect to sell out their allotment with $5,000 donors. If they don't they are setting themselves up for a huge embarrassment.

By the time ND shows up they will have 2-3 losses and the tickets will be $100-150, bad weather, even less.

$400 per seat, 2 people, dinner, parking, just your usual $1,000 day!

Better hope the hockey team is not playing that night, that will hurt ticket sales!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 am

I heard the same shit from the same posters all in disbelief that BC was limiting their bowl alottment to donors and wasn't subsidizing the insanely inflated ticket prices.

I challenge you to find a way to attend an ND home game coming from Boston for less than $400.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:18 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

And more meaningful.

And better weather

And hotter chicks to look at
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

And more meaningful.

And better weather

And hotter chicks to look at

THIS
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 am

mod34 dropping a boat load of stupid on the Island of Misfit Toys. I decided to let it pass - I only get involved to police the senile posters that use TOB and 10 wins in the same sentence.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:42 am

Our fanbase sucks. The outcry about not being able to go to Notre Dame's game at Fenway park is embarrassing.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:mod34 dropping a boat load of stupid on the Island of Misfit Toys. I decided to let it pass - I only get involved to police the senile posters that use TOB and 10 wins in the same sentence.

Is it better or worse than the main topic of discussion on the BCI thread about this which is "Hey if North Dakota Fighting Souix is racist then why is Fighting Irish ok?"
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:mod34 dropping a boat load of stupid on the Island of Misfit Toys. I decided to let it pass - I only get involved to police the senile posters that use TOB and 10 wins in the same sentence.

Is it better or worse than the main topic of discussion on the BCI thread about this which is "Hey if North Dakota Fighting Souix is racist then why is Fighting Irish ok?"

worse. He's talking about how ND outmaneuvered BC and Bates is compounding a bad deal by being greedy. He also says he donates because academics, not so Daz can make $2 million+. It's pretty funny.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I heard the same shit from the same posters all in disbelief that BC was limiting their bowl alottment to donors and wasn't subsidizing the insanely inflated ticket prices.

I challenge you to find a way to attend an ND home game coming from Boston for less than $400.

Fly to Chicago: $300. Stay in the guest bedroom of one of the thousands of BC alumni from Jesuit Chicagoland high schools that you should have made friends with at BC: $0. Ticket: $60. Beer: $40.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:09 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I heard the same shit from the same posters all in disbelief that BC was limiting their bowl alottment to donors and wasn't subsidizing the insanely inflated ticket prices.

Fly to Chicago: $300. Stay in the guest bedroom of one of the thousands of BC alumni from Jesuit Chicagoland high schools that you should have made friends with at BC: $0. Ticket: $60. Beer: $40.

How do you get to and from the airport and to and from the game? The first rule of the Unwritten Book of the Road?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

worse. He's talking about how ND outmaneuvered BC and Bates is compounding a bad deal by being greedy. He also says he donates because academics, not so Daz can make $2 million+. It's pretty funny.

I'm still trying to figure out how ND "outmaneuvered" BC. You're letting it pass, but I have to know what mod34 meant by this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I'm still trying to figure out how ND "outmaneuvered" BC. You're letting it pass, but I have to know what mod34 meant by this.

I saw that comment as well and couldn't figure out for the life of me how BC was "outmaneuvered" on this one. It's a Notre Dame home game. How were we outmaneuvered?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:39 am

If I had answers to those questions, I'd be posting over there.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

The ultimate bottom of the barrel, unsurprisingly, is the comments under the yahoo article.

sure 1 day ago 1 8
With this slap to the face I will not attend another Boston College sports game I am going to burn my BC stuff and find another college in the area to support. For the last twenty three years I have attended Boston College sports games through thick and thin. Just the last straw

E 22 hours ago 0 0
Stay home! Don't attend this game! Anyone willing to pay that exorbitant fee is dumb! If you stay away, next time they will reconsider the price

Joan 1 day ago 1 1
It is incredibly sad to see the exploitation of these young college athletes. All the money coming in and none of it is channeled towards education. And these young athletes are pushed very hard to win, win, win. There is no true sportsmanship anymore. Where is the pride of a game well played regardless of who wins?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 pm

i like it when people say "sports games" because i think it is funny.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

The students have this figured out....

Rent one of these & park in the Walmart lot by Applebee's

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:18 am

ATL reports on the blog that it will be a 7:30 p.m. start. Cool.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:49 am

basselope {l Wrote}:

The students have this figured out....

Rent one of these & park in the Walmart lot by Applebee's

I just got a quote for RV rental from the NYC are to Clemson. $1280 w/ the extra mileage allowance. Seems like a good deal for picking up Thursday and dropping off Sunday.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

just get a house on the lake for the weekend duchie
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:ATL reports on the blog that it will be a 7:30 p.m. start. Cool.

With this slap to the face I will not attend another Boston College sports game I am going to burn my BC stuff and find another college in the area to support. For the last twenty three years I have attended Boston College sports games through thick and thin. Just the last straw. Stay home! Don't attend this game! Anyone willing to wait until 7:30 at night to attend a game is dumb! If you stay away, next time they will reconsider the kickoff time. It is incredibly sad to see the exploitation of these young college athletes. All the money coming in and none of it is channeled towards education. And these young athletes are pushed very hard to win, win, win. There is no true sportsmanship anymore. Where is the pride of a game well played regardless of who wins?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:just get a house on the lake for the weekend duchie

I do not know this option. Please enlighten me. Right now it is me and a buddy, but lakehouse sounds like the ladies may tag along.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Allocations:

$5k-$9,999 = 2 tickets
$10k - $24,999 = 3 tickets
$25k+ = 4 ticket

Lifetime giving of $100k+ = 2 tickets

$100k+ 2011-2014 = 2-6 tickets
$100k+ 2015 = 2-6 tickets

Lottery for season ticket holders