Other game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other game thread

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm

fucking hell, UVA vs VT is the turd bowl. this is some junior varsity shit right here.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:24 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:fucking hell, UVA vs VT is the turd bowl. this is some junior varsity shit right here.

UVA's AD announced that London and his staff will be back based on the significant progress the team has made. They finished the season on a 1-5 run. London apparently has a job for life along with TOB. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:58 am

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:26 pm

uga/gatech game is pretty wild.

question: have we reached peak finebaum?

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:48 pm

So far so good today for the ACC.
GA Tech wins in OT against #9 Georgia, Clemson knocks off the gamecocks, Louisville leading Kentucky with a minute to play, but the biggest SEC/ACC clash is at 330.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Barret left the Ohio St game in an air cast. Urban may convince Miller to stay.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:26 pm

fuck the SEC.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:14 pm

find myself rooting for florida :shrug

fuck fsu
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:So far so good today for the ACC.
GA Tech wins in OT against #9 Georgia, Clemson knocks off the gamecocks, Louisville leading Kentucky with a minute to play, but the biggest SEC/ACC clash is at 330.

GT beating Georgia was huge. FSU must win now.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:18 pm

A game can't end on a safety, right? there's still a free kick. And isn't there some weird stuff where if there's no time left on the clock you can choose to not return a free kick and attempt a field goal with a tee from the spot of the catch?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 pm

The reason I ask is at the end of the Rutgres-Twerps game, Rutgers had a 3 point lead. It was fourth down and there were six seconds left on the clock. Rutgers' "punter" took the snap, ran around and took an intentional safety with 0:00 seconds left.

But there was a holding call on Rutgers. So Rutgers got to replay 4th down for 1 final untimed down, at which point they just took a knee.

Shouldn't Edsall have declined the holding penalty, let the safety stand and still had a chance to do something off the free kick?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm

talon {l Wrote}:The reason I ask is at the end of the Rutgres-Twerps game, Rutgers had a 3 point lead. It was fourth down and there were six seconds left on the clock. Rutgers' "punter" took the snap, ran around and took an intentional safety with 0:00 seconds left.

But there was a holding call on Rutgers. So Rutgers got to replay 4th down for 1 final untimed down, at which point they just took a knee.

Shouldn't Edsall have declined the holding penalty, let the safety stand and still had a chance to do something off the free kick?

You lost me at "Rutgers v Maryland."
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:07 pm

talon {l Wrote}:A game can't end on a safety, right? there's still a free kick.

Pretty sure a game can end on a safety without the kick. Here are two games that the winning team took an elective safety to run out the clock and the game summarily ends at that point.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbypla ... 5&period=0
http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameI ... 5&period=0

Also, epic choke job by Randy and his Twerps today.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 pm

I assume it was someone on this board that was the first caller into Finnebaum tonight to congratulate the Fordham Rams on their 1st round victory
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:54 pm

love the SEC tears. Fans of teams in the West trying to distance themselves from the East is really good stuff.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Auburn better win this one easily, because there is no way they get any calls. An awful lot of suck for the SEC OOC performance this year.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:find myself rooting for florida :shrug

fuck fsu

Nah. Call me a conference fanboy, but I want to see the ACC do well. If the ACC is a strong conference, it's another selling point to recruits. I loved seeing the ACC go 4-0 against the SEC today.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Did anyone check to see if Brian Kelly has lost his head again today?......... Anyone?

Wait for it..........................

Thaaaaar he blows!!!

We are BC :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:06 pm

It is my dream to have zero SEC teams in the playoff. :shocker

edit: and you can bet your granny's panties that the playoff would be expanded to 8 teams tout de suite if that happened.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:08 pm

love this:

seeing as ACC goes 4-0 today...SEC: you really had only one win today. rest you were favored in

had ACC gone 3-1 w/ Ga Tech losing...SEC: can't match up against top SEC talent...feast on our bad teams

had ACC gone 0-4...SEC: WE R DA BEST!!!

Just like this game going on:

had it been low scoring: Shows how great the SEC defenses are

since its high scoring: The offenses are that great seeing as they're doing it against these defenses

i think the best talent is in the sec, but it can be too much sometimes
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:love this:

seeing as ACC goes 4-0 today...SEC: you really had only one win today. rest you were favored in

had ACC gone 3-1 w/ Ga Tech losing...SEC: can't match up against top SEC talent...feast on our bad teams

had ACC gone 0-4...SEC: WE R DA BEST!!!

Just like this game going on:

had it been low scoring: Shows how great the SEC defenses are

since its high scoring: The offenses are that great seeing as they're doing it against these defenses

i think the best talent is in the sec, but it can be too much sometimes

Ed Zachary!
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Pretty sure a game can end on a safety without the kick. Here are two games that the winning team took an elective safety to run out the clock and the game summarily ends at that point.

Best part about that is Randy is probably not going to get fired and his boys probably saved Kyle Flood's job.

Hilarious because they both suck.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:25 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:It is my dream to have zero SEC teams in the playoff. :shocker

edit: and you can bet your granny's panties that the playoff would be expanded to 8 teams tout de suite if that happened.

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Best part about that is Randy is probably not going to get fired and his boys probably saved Kyle Flood's job.

I guess you missed the Spaz-like mid-season 5-year extension Flood got with the Michigan win.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:24 am

The SEC isn't nearly as good as it has been in years past. They have been ridiculously overrated all year. They've hid their suck by playing nobody else. Miss State is the greatest example. I posted this on Nov 19th in the FSU thread when Finebaum was throating Long for having 2 SEC teams in the Top 4.

HJS {l Wrote}:The thing I keep coming back to is how unequal the rationale is applied. FSU almost lost to rival U in Miami. Yet... Bama SHOULD HAVE lost to rival LSU in Baton Rouge. FSU gets dinged... Bama gets credit. Baylor gets dropped because of their weak out of conference schedule. Yet, Miss State's OOC of Southern Miss, UAB, Southern Alabama and UT Martin never (and I mean NEVER) gets mentioned. It should be noted that as of today, Miss State has only 1 win over a Top 25 team (Auburn). MSU will face a 2nd Top 25 team when it plays Ole Miss (who I predict will beat them making this all academic). Baylor still has to face a similarly ranked KSU in the last game of the year. BTW... the idea that tOSU should be in the discussion is probably the biggest flaw. Their getting credit for tearing through a deplorable B10 is a joke.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Thanks. those end of the half safety/free kick situations are pretty rare that I'm not sure exactly how it works. It seemed kind of bullshit that Rutgers could commit a penalty that ended up helping them. If a team ever finds themselves with the ball and the lead and just a little bit of time left on the clock, don't run around and try to get an intentional safety, just instruct every player on you team to blatantly hold anybody they can.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Thanks. those end of the half safety/free kick situations are pretty rare that I'm not sure exactly how it works. It seemed kind of bullshit that Rutgers could commit a penalty that ended up helping them. If a team ever finds themselves with the ball and the lead and just a little bit of time left on the clock, don't run around and try to get an intentional safety, just instruct every player on you team to blatantly hold anybody they can.

I watched some of the first half. MD was literally scoring at will. Did they no pun intended turtle up with a prevent D? Biggest comeback victory in RU history! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

I guess you missed the Spaz-like mid-season 5-year extension Flood got with the Michigan win.

Yeah, I try not to follow Rutgers football. I'd rather follow the WNBA.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:The SEC isn't nearly as good as it has been in years past. They have been ridiculously overrated all year. They've hid their suck by playing nobody else. Miss State is the greatest example. I posted this on Nov 19th in the FSU thread when Finebaum was throating Long for having 2 SEC teams in the Top 4.

HJS {l Wrote}:The thing I keep coming back to is how unequal the rationale is applied. FSU almost lost to rival U in Miami. Yet... Bama SHOULD HAVE lost to rival LSU in Baton Rouge. FSU gets dinged... Bama gets credit. Baylor gets dropped because of their weak out of conference schedule. Yet, Miss State's OOC of Southern Miss, UAB, Southern Alabama and UT Martin never (and I mean NEVER) gets mentioned. It should be noted that as of today, Miss State has only 1 win over a Top 25 team (Auburn). MSU will face a 2nd Top 25 team when it plays Ole Miss (who I predict will beat them making this all academic). Baylor still has to face a similarly ranked KSU in the last game of the year. BTW... the idea that tOSU should be in the discussion is probably the biggest flaw. Their getting credit for tearing through a deplorable B10 is a joke.

Yeah, the media just loves to go deep on the SEC's jock.

I saw this on twitter and found it funny, but when the ACC beats up on other ACC teams it is cause the conference sucks. When the SEC beats up on other SEC teams it is cause the SEC is so good. But when the ACC beats up on the SEC no one talks about it.

FSU, while they aren't as good as last year, should be the unanimous #1 team in every poll. It really is ridiculous.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:51 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:FSU, while they aren't as good as last year, should be the unanimous #1 team in every poll. It really is ridiculous.

Why, just because they're undefeated?

If someone thinks that Alabama or Oregon would beat FSU in a head to head matchup, why shouldn't Alabama or Oregon be ranked ahead of FSU on their ballot?
talon
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium