Other game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other game thread

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Damn, Syrcuse's frosh kicker just made a 50 yarder. He's 2 for 2. I miss our good ole' kicking days.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Clemson is stinking out their joint tonight. Wow. My poor husband is at this game. Or maybe it's that Cuse is just that good...
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Or maybe it's that Cuse is just that good...

They're not.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 pm

A Clemson loss helps BC's championship game aspirations...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:14 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

They're not.

I know.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:14 pm

This game is ridiculous....ly bad.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:21 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

They're not.

I know.

Actually, the Syracuse D doesn't look half bad.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

They're not.

I know.

Actually, the Syracuse D doesn't look half bad.

They definitely have more talent than BC on that side of the ball.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:19 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Clemson is stinking out their joint tonight. Wow. My poor husband is at this game. Or maybe it's that Cuse is just that good...

Looks like Clemson will pull this out, but your husband still might drive the car into the pool later.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:Clemson is stinking out their joint tonight. Wow. My poor husband is at this game. Or maybe it's that Cuse is just that good...

Looks like Clemson will pull this out, but your husband still might drive the car into the pool later.

I hope he doesn't! I've already ruined 6 or 7 cars now from doing that.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm

A 42 yarder is not a gimme and Wallace played like shit, but I agree that loss is on the Ole Miss coaches as much as anyone.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:05 pm

TCU scored 82 points today. They beat Texas Tech 82 to 27.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 am

pretty impressive what dick rod is doing at arizona
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:pretty impressive what dick rod is doing at arizona

i wonder why he has been able to succeed at both WVU and Arizona but sucked at Michigan.
It's not like the Big10 has been anything special the past five years.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

i wonder why he has been able to succeed at both WVU and Arizona but sucked at Michigan.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Let's wait until UofA's season plays out. I'm not ready to crown a guy who consistently struggled against Spaz.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't know if this post belongs here, but I just wanted to tell everyone that the Jets are abysmal. They are bad at football.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I don't know if this post belongs here, but I just wanted to tell everyone that the Jets are abysmal. They are bad at football.

Agreed. But, they absolutely crushed the Raiders in Week One. So that tells you how far they are from the bottom.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Half of it was perception by U of M fans. He didn't "kiss the ring" when it came to showing enough deference to Michigan for inventing the game of football, had a few issues with rule violations around practice and had no previous ties to the school, so he "wasn't a Michigan Man" and had to go. The one thing that would make sense to criticize Rich Rod for was not putting together an effective defense (through the hiring of Greg Robinson), but fans never seemed to bother with that, instead just claiming how bad a fit he was.

Meanwhile, Brady Hoke got the immediate stamp of approval, even as he was trying insanely stupid things like "making Denard Robinson into more of a pocket passer." He's gotten worse each year and only has that one win against ND to hang his hat on, which was an entertaining game and then both teams turned out to be pretty mediocre by the end of the season.

I was watching UM lose to Rutgers with family earlier this month and gleefully pointed out how well Rod was doing, mainly because the hysteria around him that my U of M family gets into is hilarious.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:27 am

Dick Rod might have gotten another year at UM if not for his antics at the 2010 UM football banquet. Boosters and alumni don't want to hold hands and sing Josh Groban songs after going 3-5 in conference play.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I don't know if this post belongs here, but I just wanted to tell everyone that the Jets are abysmal. They are bad at football.

Agreed. But, they absolutely crushed the Raiders in Week One. So that tells you how far they are from the bottom.

Raiders at least have a QB with upside
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Raiders at least have a QB with upside

And Raiders have $70mm in cap space this offseason. You see the magic they worked this past offseason when they $80mm cap space. So there's that.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:52 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Half of it was perception by U of M fans. He didn't "kiss the ring" when it came to showing enough deference to Michigan for inventing the game of football, had a few issues with rule violations around practice and had no previous ties to the school, so he "wasn't a Michigan Man" and had to go. The one thing that would make sense to criticize Rich Rod for was not putting together an effective defense (through the hiring of Greg Robinson), but fans never seemed to bother with that, instead just claiming how bad a fit he was.

Meanwhile, Brady Hoke got the immediate stamp of approval, even as he was trying insanely stupid things like "making Denard Robinson into more of a pocket passer." He's gotten worse each year and only has that one win against ND to hang his hat on, which was an entertaining game and then both teams turned out to be pretty mediocre by the end of the season.

I was watching UM lose to Rutgers with family earlier this month and gleefully pointed out how well Rod was doing, mainly because the hysteria around him that my U of M family gets into is hilarious.

Michigan fans are delusional if they think they had anythig to do with inventing the game of football. At least that's what Walter Camp and John Heisman told me.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Michigan fans are delusional if they think they had anythig to do with inventing the game of football. At least that's what Walter Camp and John Heisman told me.

RUTGERS: THE BIRTHPLACE says hello
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

RUTGERS: THE BIRTHPLACE says hello

Only in HJS's mind.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:12 am

so maryland got a personal foul for not shaking hands before the coin toss...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:28 am

Maryland's a fucking joke.

https://vine.co/v/OOObtbHiBBn
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:32 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:so maryland got a personal foul for not shaking hands before the coin toss...

Communist Refs

That's pretty unsportsmanlike, but it's probably an extension of randy edsall's surly, sourpuss personality. fuck maryland.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:33 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Maryland's a fucking joke.

https://vine.co/v/OOObtbHiBBn

Ha. I hope penn state beats them by 50.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Maryland never really had a rival. Any school that Maryland might consider a rival doesn't return the favor. Duke (basketball), UVA, WVU, Navy ... no school in the country would think of Maryland as their main rival. The Terps are probably worried that entering the B1G at the same time as Rutgers would mean that Maryland-Rutgers will be their main rival and they don't want that (who would ever want that). So they think that they can just be a bunch of dicks to another school in hopes that Maryland-someone else will become a bigger rivalry than Maryland-Rutgers.
talon
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium