Other game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other game thread

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:37 pm

I expect Day/Brown/Addazio to come up with their best game plan of all season. Expect unique plays, player packages, formations. They seem to scheme to the level of opponent.
The BC players will be highly motivated.
I think it is a close game that we can/will win provided that the refs are instructed to Swofuck us. I fear the slightest swofucking on a key play could hurt our psyche in what I think will be an emotional game.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:07 am

hansen {l Wrote}:provided that the refs are instructed to Swofuck us. I fear the slightest swofucking on a key play could hurt our psyche in what I think will be an emotional game.

I was thinking this all week. You can see it coming from a mile away. ACC needs FSU to be in the picture for the playoff and there is no way the refs don't dial up some serious home cooking for FSU should the need arise.

BC typically plays well down there. Oline is going to need to punch these clowns in the mouth and keep the defense off the field. TOP will be big.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 am

If BC is going to win this game, the refs aren't going to mean a damn thing, Swofucking or not.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:10 pm

UNC is putting a beat down on Duke. 28 to 7 with 3 plus minutes left in the first half.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:UNC is putting a beat down on Duke. 28 to 7 with 3 plus minutes left in the first half.

So this clinched the Coastal for GT. I don't think I watched them play at all this year. Can they give FSU a run in the conference championship?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am

i only watched a little of their game against clemson last week and clemson had stoudt at qb for most of that but i can't imagine it's fun to prepare for the triple option and all the cut blocks in a week
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i only watched a little of their game against clemson last week and clemson had stoudt at qb for most of that but i can't imagine it's fun to prepare for the triple option and all the cut blocks in a week

True. Unfortunately for GT, FSU's defense is strongest at the edges. GT needs to exploit the soft center of FSU's defense to win. Wondering if they have the passing game to get that done. Justin Thomas is only a 52% passer, that's lower than Murphy (55%).
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Watching Fordam at Army (fordham is a FG favorite on the road while UConn lost by 2 TDs at a neutral site :titanic )

BC should go back there, got 10k+ even though it was in the depths of spaz
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Watching Fordam at Army (fordham is a FG favorite on the road while UConn lost by 2 TDs at a neutral site :titanic )

According to the Interruption, BC backed out of the remaining games in the series because BC wanted 7 home games a year. I would be fine with 6 home games in a year when one of the away games is at Army. Easy trip for a lot of BC alums at a cool venue. But I guess it's all about the money.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:45 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Watching Fordam at Army (fordham is a FG favorite on the road while UConn lost by 2 TDs at a neutral site :titanic )

According to the Interruption, BC backed out of the remaining games in the series because BC wanted 7 home games a year. I would be fine with 6 home games in a year when one of the away games is at Army. Easy trip for a lot of BC alums at a cool venue. But I guess it's all about the money.

i love army and want to get them back on the schedule asap, but so long as we have friday night games on the books I'm not okay w only 6 home games a year (i.e. only 5 saturday games)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 pm

could you imagine a 6 game home schedule with a saturday of labor day home game, a friday nighter, and a saturday after thanksgiving home game. would be an unmitigated disaster
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 pm

0-0 late 3rd in winston salem ool
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:could you imagine a 6 game home schedule with a saturday of labor day home game, a friday nighter, and a saturday after thanksgiving home game. would be an unmitigated disaster

1. BC should never have a home game Labor Day weekend;
b) I am local so I kind of like the Saturday Thanksgiving game (but not so much when it involves watching a converted DB run for 500 yards on us);
III. Can anyone site to authority that we are stuck with a home Friday night ACC game every season?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:55 pm

What a joke it would be if OSU again is rewarded for running through that crap conference.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:could you imagine a 6 game home schedule with a saturday of labor day home game, a friday nighter, and a saturday after thanksgiving home game. would be an unmitigated disaster

b) I am local so I kind of like the Saturday Thanksgiving game (but not so much when it involves watching a converted DB run for 500 yards on us);
III. Can anyone site to authority that we are stuck with a home Friday night ACC game every season?
Isn't number 3 directly against the A/B and Newton one game on weeknight per 3-4 seasons rule?
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:04 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

1. agreed. i will never be in attendance for one
2. i don't mind driving back up from family in the tri state early for it, but I'm talking more of attendance in general...there's gonna be 23k there next saturday
3. i don't have it but I'm assuming its true now that we've gotten back to back friday nighters (therefore already violating the 1 every 4 years rule that we have w newton)
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:07 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

2. i don't mind driving back up from early for it, but I'm talking more of attendance in general...there's gonna be 23k there next saturday
3. i don't have it but I'm assuming its true now that we've gotten back to back friday nighters (therefore already violating the 1 every 4 years rule that we have w newton)

Was the Newton rule specific to Thursday night games or weeknights in general? There weren't really Friday night college football games when that rule was put in place.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

2. i don't mind driving back up from early for it, but I'm talking more of attendance in general...there's gonna be 23k there next saturday

Was the Newton rule specific to Thursday night games or weeknights in general? There weren't really Friday night college football games when that rule was put in place.

if i had to bet id say newton made it specific to tues & thurs since those were the weeknight games at the time and the acc exploited that loophole to get the friday's going.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Another FSU ( Framingham State University ) defeated RPI today in the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) North Atlantic Bowl which is part of NCAA Division III Football Tournament. Score was 42-36 and the FSU Rams won in OT. Game held close to my house so walked over. Very entertaining. OK it's not FBS or FCS but it is football and a very entertaining game.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Just seeing ND miss a FG to tie helps.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:51 pm

baylor up 14-0 3 mins into the game!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:51 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:0-0 late 3rd in winston salem ool

0-0 for regulation. This gives homojs and his anti-Donnie Brown agenda quite a bit of credence. These two teams scored at will against us. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:04 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:28 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Image

this picture is amazing.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 am

Like Jack Parker down the street, I hope he stays at VT forever.

What a trainwreck :hokie
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Western Kentucky beating Marshall 49-42 with 2 minutes left... in the second quarter :shock:
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Western Kentucky beating Marshall 49-42 with 2 minutes left... in the second quarter :shock:

It turned into a real pitchers' duel in the second half.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Colorado State is losing to Air Force by 14 points late in the 3rd.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Beamer Ball. :hokie
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Beamer Ball. :hokie

Playing for bowl eligibility the final game of the season - he's lost is fast ball.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium