Jameis Winston has some problems

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Jameis Winston has some problems

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/11/7/7174559/jameis-winston-hearing-postponed

we don't know the facts!!!

Obviously, Winston would prefer not to participate in a hearing lacking due process protections, and instead make the accuser try a case in a real civil court, with rules established by the Constitution.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Good!! It means he will play against us. I want to beat the best!! :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:18 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Good!! It means he will play against us. I want to beat the best!! :elephant

The hearing could go on as scheduled and Jameis could outright admit to rape and a whole bunch of other horrible things and Jameis wouldn't miss a snap.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Hearing pushed to December 1st so Jameis can stake his claim to #1 overall draft selection by padding his stats against Third Down Donnie Brown.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ring-dec-1
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:04 pm

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Rapeis may have one less problem.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... y-concerns

Shockingly... grown men looking to profit off of post-teen's signature aren't the most scrupulous businessmen.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Sometimes I don't lead by example, but I still lead mentally. - Jameis Winston post UF game

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:12 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Sometimes I don't lead by example, but I still lead mentally. - Jameis Winston post UF game

That some serious Jedi mind shit right there.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I don't know where to put this, but...
Some will recall there was a lot of protests and soul-searching going on at UVA recently over a Rolling Stone article that goes into great detail regarding a gang rape that occurred at a UVA Frat and how the victim was brushed aside by the University. Well... its looking like it was all a lie. But, don't worry, Rolling Stone Magazine has said "sorry"... so it's all a simple misunderstanding.
http://news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone-uva ... 22194.html

I hope UVA sues that rag out of existence.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

any chance it was the melissa stark pink sock story?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:21 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/fea ... s-20141119
According to the article, the apparently fictionalized victim is still a junior. Speaking of Melissa Stark... she dropped out off the face of the planet once she got married to a non-football player.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't know where to put this, but...
Some will recall there was a lot of protests and soul-searching going on at UVA recently over a Rolling Stone article that goes into great detail regarding a gang rape that occurred at a UVA Frat and how the victim was brushed aside by the University. Well... its looking like it was all a lie. But, don't worry, Rolling Stone Magazine has said "sorry"... so it's all a simple misunderstanding.

i believe they suspended all greek life because of this story? How does it feel to be an independent, Schoenstein?

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:

i believe they suspended all greek life because of this story? How does it feel to be an independent, Schoenstein?

how does it feel to be a whalepants, mod6a?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:54 pm

I decided to read the story in RS, anyway, and the description of what happened reads like a script for Dawson's Creek or whatever primetime teen drama the kids are watching nowadays. The only way the subject's version of events didn't trip the author's bullshit detector is if the author had an agenda (which she has basically admitted in subsequent interviews).
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:20 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...Dawson's Creek ...

saved by the bell - the fraternity rape years

here's a screenshot from the lisa turtle episode
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119
According to the article, the apparently fictionalized victim is still a junior. Speaking of Melissa Stark... she dropped out off the face of the planet once she got married to a non-football player.

If you like football, you'd know she is the host of several NFL Network shows.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:

i always tell people that BC is the largest school without a greek system. is this true?
:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:13 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:

i always tell people that BC is the largest school without a greek system. is this true?
:whalepants

http://lmgtfy.com/

Answer is here
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:35 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I decided to read the story in RS, anyway, and the description of what happened reads like a script for Dawson's Creek or whatever primetime teen drama the kids are watching nowadays. The only way the subject's version of events didn't trip the author's bullshit detector is if the author had an agenda (which she has basically admitted in subsequent interviews).

Threw her through a glass table and "raped her over shards of glass"

WTF There are so many things about this one detail that should have alarmed the BS detector.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Threw her through a glass table and "raped her over shards of glass"

WTF There are so many things about this one detail that should have alarmed the BS detector.

Agreed. I see a lot of similarities between BC and UVA and although kids have changed a lot in 20 years, the whole thing still felt off. Does date rape happen a lot in college (UVA and BC included)? Yes. Is there plenty of he said, she said? Yes. Are women on college campuses vulnerable to weirdos who capture and grad them? Yes. In fact a UVA student was recently abducted and murdered. But a planned, methodical 3-hour violent gang rape by a punch of frat boys didn't ring true. As much as college guys can be scum, I don't see seven of them saying "yeah, that would be totally fun and awesome to beat this girl and rape her."
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:08 am

You guys are painting with far too broad of a brush. The entire frat did not have sex with her. One guy was innocent, however, the beer bottle... well that's another story.

Honestly, this was part Duke Lax and Tiwanna Brawley. I mean 3-effing-hours of sex on a bed of glass all while a party raged and yet none of the dozens/hundreds of party-goers noticed a half naked blood soaked girl stumble through? I guess this is a prime example of how far journalism has fallen. If this was published on Salon, it would not have even required a retraction.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:45 pm

I don't get how the UVA rape accuser was desmithed just because the frat says they didn't have an "official" social event that weekend.

I remember at BC (pre-mod fence), you could "register" with housing to host a party and you could only buy enough alcohol to meet a 1 drink per guest per hour ratio, you had to have food, and the party had to end at 1am. Or you could skip going through all that crap and just have people over for a party.

If something bad happened at a party at BC, could the occupants of that mod prove their innocence by going to the housing logs and saying there was no party that weekend? I doubt it.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:00 pm

talon {l Wrote}:I don't get how the UVA rape accuser was desmithed just because the frat says they didn't have an "official" social event that weekend.

I remember at BC (pre-mod fence), you could "register" with housing to host a party and you could only buy enough alcohol to meet a 1 drink per guest per hour ratio, you had to have food, and the party had to end at 1am. Or you could skip going through all that crap and just have people over for a party.

If something bad happened at a party at BC, could the occupants of that mod prove their innocence by going to the housing logs and saying there was no party that weekend? I doubt it.

Comparing BC to these universities with Greek life where they have dues and social budgets and that kind of shit probably isn't a good idea.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

I just find it hard to believe that at UVA (or any other school), on any given weekend, at the frat house there's either:

a) an officially sanctioned party
b) an empty frat house devoid of any activity
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:14 pm

talon {l Wrote}:I just find it hard to believe that at UVA (or any other school), on any given weekend, at the frat house there's either:

I just find it hard to believe anything in that article.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:I just find it hard to believe that at UVA (or any other school), on any given weekend, at the frat house there's either:

I just find it hard to believe anything in that article.

The Washington Post contacted the alleged date/ring leader. He claims he's never even met her and didn't belong to a fraternity. With Social Media, phone and texting records, if this goes further he can probably prove his case. There is no way a college guy goes on a date in 2012 without some for of communication.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:04 am

No doubt most of the story is true (I.e., the women on record who were raped). But the central Jackie stuff, prob all b.s.
The sad truth is, there prob is a Jackie who was raped, then embellished her story to meet the demand of RS for a shocking central anecdote to build the piece around.
This shows 1) people will believe really shocking things about a group of young men. 2) women feel they need to make shit up to get real attention to a real problem and 3) RS makes shit up. Weren't they the only magazine that said everything Strphrn Glass write for them was true? Oh and 4) whatever is true in that story can just be dismissed as a lie. Good worki RS.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/edu ... story.html
WaPo has been tearing apart this story pretty much since it was released. Now... they've basically disclosed a motive. They insinuate that Jackie had a crush on Randall (another Frosh) who she was basically catfishing to get jealous... and then alleged rape to gain his sympathies.

While the general theme that "rapes occur on college campuses and that is bad" is valid, the central story to raise the issue is proving to be a sensational work of fiction claimed to be fact. Much like the Michael Brown general theme that "cops sometimes abuse authority and that should stop" is attention-worthy, the central story giving rise to the discussion was a lie. The real problem with all of this is that there are real people whose lives are being reduced to pawns to promote a political agenda.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Do you moonlight as a scriptwriter for The Newsroom?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium