OT: Miami Dolphins mess

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OT: Miami Dolphins mess

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:And... a league source is saying that, in fact, Turner was the one who ordered the Code Red.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-defense/

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Gee... I wonder what crazy-ass Dolphins coach would tell Incognito to have Martin to toughen him up? I mean... it couldn't be the OLine Coach who embarassed the OLine by screaming at them and making them do up-downs in front of fans who attended the Jay McGillis Spring Game... could it?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?cid=Yahoo

I find it funny that half of the whalepants posters on EA lobbied hard for Jim Turner to replace Spazoo.

Wait. Didn't Jags fire him prior to the spring game? Also, I went to that spring game and didn't see the up-downs (doesn't mean it didn't happen).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Gee... I wonder what crazy-ass Dolphins coach would tell Incognito to have Martin to toughen him up? I mean... it couldn't be the OLine Coach who embarassed the OLine by screaming at them and making them do up-downs in front of fans who attended the Jay McGillis Spring Game... could it?

I find it funny that half of the whalepants posters on EA lobbied hard for Jim Turner to replace Spazoo.

Wait. Didn't Jags fire him prior to the spring game? Also, I went to that spring game and didn't see the up-downs (doesn't mean it didn't happen).

It was a Flynn Fund practice.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:41 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

CONFIRMED!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:24 pm

It speaks to the lack of Jags' character that he even hired this guy in the first place.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:25 pm

But... but... Jags was a bad guy who rode Matt Ryan's arm to 2 ACCCGs and then quickly wandered back to the NFL after not recruiting a single player. Well... at least, according Sean McDonough.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby fs33 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:James Hendren (I think it was him..) called up Dennis & Callahan today to talk about the Jonathan Martin incident with the Dolphins.

The lead was that he was recruited by Stanford and had insight into how Stanford football players were different that your typical meathead players.

Anyone else listen?

They asked him if he got an offer from Stanford his response was that he had never visited campus.

I didn't hear it but I have heard similar reports. Like that Martin's parents are both Harvard grads, that he went to private school, and that the culture at Stanford did not expose him to hazing.

The person who was reporting this said that, consequently, the Dolphins should have anticipated there were going to be problems with this guy being on the same unit as Icognito and Pouncey and that they should have done more monitoring. I disagree with that.

For those that are making the Stanford doesn't produce obnoxious asshats that make fun of people argument: Richard Sherman
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:19 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:James Hendren (I think it was him..) called up Dennis & Callahan today to talk about the Jonathan Martin incident with the Dolphins.

The lead was that he was recruited by Stanford and had insight into how Stanford football players were different that your typical meathead players.

Anyone else listen?

They asked him if he got an offer from Stanford his response was that he had never visited campus.

I didn't hear it but I have heard similar reports. Like that Martin's parents are both Harvard grads, that he went to private school, and that the culture at Stanford did not expose him to hazing.

The person who was reporting this said that, consequently, the Dolphins should have anticipated there were going to be problems with this guy being on the same unit as Icognito and Pouncey and that they should have done more monitoring. I disagree with that.

For those that are making the Stanford doesn't produce obnoxious asshats that make fun of people argument: Richard Sherman

Didn't he go off on Skip Bayless? He's OK in my book.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:08 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:And... a league source is saying that, in fact, Turner was the one who ordered the Code Red.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-defense/

thanks big ben
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:18 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:

Anyone else listen?

Didn't he go off on Skip Bayless? He's OK in my book.

Was it Dave's World? Suddenly Susan? Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:59 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Anyone else listen?

I disagree with it as well, and most of the "expert" opinions that have been thrown out there.

One angle no one really mentions is that as a Stanford grad, isn't it possible that Martin main impetus was moving to a better situation and just thought to himself "man, I don't have to put up with this shit, but instead of causing a stir and risk retaliation, I'll get a real job that pays well where I don't get hounded by lunatics on the regular"?

Quite possibly, but if it was more along these lines I doubt he'd have quit mid-season.

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

And in Turner's defense that's not the same as doing it at the spring game. A couple dozen dinosaurs in whalepants and hung over assholes (I was there and had a POUNDING headache that day) up in the press box isn't the same as a crowd of 8-10k or so.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm just going to say that I've gone completely the other way on Guy Incognito as more info has come out. I'd take him on my team 1000x before putting that coddled wuss Martin. Incognito held OLine meetings at a strip club and then fined Martin when he refused to go... that's awesome!!!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm just going to say that I've gone completely the other way on Guy Incognito as more info has come out. I'd take him on my team 1000x before putting that coddled wuss Martin. Incognito held OLine meetings at a strip club and then fined Martin when he refused to go... that's awesome!!!

The coverage of this story is showing what ESPN has become.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:28 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Anyone else listen?

I disagree with it as well, and most of the "expert" opinions that have been thrown out there.

One angle no one really mentions is that as a Stanford grad, isn't it possible that Martin main impetus was moving to a better situation and just thought to himself "man, I don't have to put up with this shit, but instead of causing a stir and risk retaliation, I'll get a real job that pays well where I don't get hounded by lunatics on the regular"?

This thing about toughening up a guy worked in the old days but not now. Racial epithets, physical intimidation and bullying is not acceptable today any workplace with maybe a few exceptions. With his attorney, they have a very good case for a lawsuit that Miami will wish it never went down this road. Incognito now has other people coming out of the woodwork including an alleged sexual harassment incident in 2012 at a golf event with a female volunteer. There are also hints that other team mates went in along this bullying tactic. That is why some teams put the label do not draft for character issues on him.

I don't think Martin would want to return to the clubhouse with a number of team mates against him and likely will play somewhere else after this is over. One thing is clear, it is very toxic situation in the club house and something most teams want to avoid.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:42 pm

People who sue their employer tend to have difficulty finding other jobs (unless your name is jim o'brien)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:People who sue their employer tend to have difficulty finding other jobs (unless your name is jim o'brien)

This is very very very low hanging fruit.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:51 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:People who sue their employer tend to have difficulty finding other jobs (unless your name is jim o'brien)

This is very very very low hanging fruit.

bully
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby fs33 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm just going to say that I've gone completely the other way on Guy Incognito as more info has come out. I'd take him on my team 1000x before putting that coddled wuss Martin. Incognito held OLine meetings at a strip club and then fined Martin when he refused to go... that's awesome!!!

Nametag event?
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The coverage of this story is showing what ESPN has become.

TMZ SPORTS?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 pm

This whole thing ends with Rich Eisen on the NFL Network yelling out "The Aristocrats!"
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9967082/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-mocks-asian-fan-video

Gronkowski, who is no stranger to making the tabloid media, was heard on a tape posted by TMZ Sports mocking a man wearing Gronkowski's No. 87 jersey.

"They told me he could only cook fried rice," Gronkowski said into a microphone at the club. He then called the man "Leslie Chow," the Asian character played by Ken Jeong in the "Hangover" movies. Then on the video, a person involved with the event reminds those in attendance that cell phone video is to be left with organizers.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Why is it news when idiot jocks do or say stupid things?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm

"Just because I can dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids." - Charles Barkley

Seriously, I am sick of stories about how stupid/unethical/incubated athletes are. Who cares? These are not our college professors, priests/rabbis, police, legislators. They are morons who catch and throw balls. They exist for our entertainment.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:This whole thing ends with Rich Eisen on the NFL Network yelling out "The Aristocrats!"

I hope others realize just how good this post is
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Not looking good for Turner. But not really surprised based on what people said about him during his short stay as a BC assistant.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9991811/jim-turner-miami-dolphins-offensive-line-coach-targeted-person-interest-nfl-investigation
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:27 pm

I effing hate the PC crowd rallying around Martin. But, I'd aboslutely LOVE to see the reaction/backtracking going on by the idiot whalepants who clamored for Jim Turner to replace Spazoo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-dol ... --nfl.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 am

Turner got fired. HOW WILL THEY RUN THE VERY EXOTIC ZONE BLOCKING SCHEME WITHOUT HIM?!?!

This whole thing is dumb. Incognito is bonkers and has a terrible PR team. Jonathan Martin is puscadore di tutti puscadori.

This was also the lead story on the CBS national news a couple of nights ago. I would say that speaks to the level of journalism in this country, but they are just pandering to the lowest common denominator with their electrified pandering machine. Never mind any of the myriad news stories actually affecting America. We MUST hear about the office politics of these millionaire knuckleheads playing for a 3rd rate team in a 2nd rate city. We're idiots so please feed us our idiot soup.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I effing hate the PC crowd rallying around Martin. But, I'd aboslutely LOVE to see the reaction/backtracking going on by the idiot whalepants who clamored for Jim Turner to replace Spazoo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-dol ... --nfl.html

It's doubly funny because those same whalepants are now the most vocally insistent that BC not "disgrace itself" by hiring Bruce Pearl
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium