2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The last time BC played in the Music City Bowl, it was 40 degrees and windy. It could not have been much worse in the Bronx.

Yeah, um, I've been here in Nashville yesterday and today. It never got over 30 degrees yesterday and the wind chill had it feeling around 10, so . . .

At least today it got into the 40's. Irregardless, the mere chance that it could be this cold in November makes NYC in December a much more preferable venue than Nashville, unless your deal is just to ogle Vandy girls.

For the record, just happy to even complain about venues. :spaz3

this is a good post because the weather all over the country is very seasonal and typical. basically the opposite of the #2 vs fsu game where it was unseasonably warm and calm
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:28 pm

If we are talking weather and FSU games and shit, I think that the Chris Crane-was-choked-while-throwing-a-TD-pass game at Tally was played in weather that was more than 20 degrees colder than it was at the time in the NYC area. Maybe some :ugeek: can use their google machines to confirm this.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Wesley Annan commited to Stanford after they offered him last night.

Apparently he was #3 on our DT board behind Christian Wilkins and Aaron Crawford and we only have room for one. Of course, it's questionable at best whether we land either of the guys ahead of him.

It looks like Wilkins has set a visit to PSU in the coming weeks (maybe this weekend cant read subscription site). PSU just lost Adam McClean (4* DT from Maryland) so will probably put the squeeze on Wilkins whenever he visits.

I think I read that Wilkins is visiting Clemson this weekend and wherever he goes, he would like to enroll in the spring.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The last time BC played in the Music City Bowl, it was 40 degrees and windy. It could not have been much worse in the Bronx.

Yeah, um, I've been here in Nashville yesterday and today. It never got over 30 degrees yesterday and the wind chill had it feeling around 10, so . . .

At least today it got into the 40's. Irregardless, the mere chance that it could be this cold in November makes NYC in December a much more preferable venue than Nashville, unless your deal is just to ogle Vandy girls.

this is a good post because the weather all over the country is very seasonal and typical. basically the opposite of the #2 vs fsu game where it was unseasonably warm and calm

Hey smarty, this makes it more attractive to play a bowl game in Nashville vs NYC based on weather alone how?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:

Hey smarty, this makes it more attractive to play a bowl game in Nashville vs NYC based on weather alone how?

so you are saying that because it is cold and windy in nashville during the polar vortex it is guaranteed to be just as cold during christmas week. gotcha.

based on this i agree, let's go play at a baseball field in the fucking bronx
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:

so you are saying that because it is cold and windy in nashville during the polar vortex it is guaranteed to be just as cold during christmas week. gotcha.

The baseball field thing is not a big deal, the PacBell game was fun. The Bronx factor is not really an issue either, take the train and stay in Manhattan. I'm going to be there whether the Eagles are in the Bowl or not, so I say go Pinstripe Bowl
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:

The baseball field thing is not a big deal, the PacBell game was fun. The Bronx factor is not really an issue either, take the train and stay in Manhattan. I'm going to be there whether the Eagles are in the Bowl or not, so I say go Pinstripe Bowl

The weather for the WVU vs Cuse game in the Bronx was lovely
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:19 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Wesley Annan commited to Stanford after they offered him last night.

Apparently he was #3 on our DT board behind Christian Wilkins and Aaron Crawford and we only have room for one. Of course, it's questionable at best whether we land either of the guys ahead of him.

It looks like Wilkins has set a visit to PSU in the coming weeks (maybe this weekend cant read subscription site). PSU just lost Adam McClean (4* DT from Maryland) so will probably put the squeeze on Wilkins whenever he visits.

I think I read that Wilkins is visiting Clemson this weekend and wherever he goes, he would like to enroll in the spring.

I think Wilkins has said that he doesn't necessarily need to take an official to BC because he's visited unofficially a million times. Of course, that probably just means he isn't coming here.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:

The weather for the WVU vs Cuse game in the Bronx was lovely

were you there for that one?

i was, my first interaction with the folk of morgantown
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 am

Nope watched BC struggle past Holy Cross in basketball that afternoon
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 am

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1705255

A new (free) rivals post lists BC as a dark horse and "real contender" for Wilkins.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby plcatalano on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:30 am

You've never been to Yankee Stadium, have you?
plcatalano
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 am

plcatalano {l Wrote}:

i've been to both the old and the new. what's your point
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:57 am

plcatalano {l Wrote}:

did you get a hot dog?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:01 am

plcatalano {l Wrote}:

do you even like sports?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
plcatalano {l Wrote}:

do you even like sports?

Both old and new Yankee Stadium suck to watch sports, but at least the new one has sweet amenities.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
plcatalano {l Wrote}:

do you even like sports?

Both old and new Yankee Stadium suck to watch sports, but at least the new one has sweet amenities.

I was hoping for Pinstripe so i can beg for a seat in a luxury box but they are so far away from the field.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby plcatalano on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 pm

My point is, if you think Yankee Stadium and Charlotte or Memphis are the same thing, than I don't understand what you're thinking. It's cold. So what?
plcatalano
n00b

Postby QuailMan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1705255

A new (free) rivals post lists BC as a dark horse and "real contender" for Wilkins.

A-Lister
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
plcatalano {l Wrote}:

did you get a hot dog?

yes, but it wasn't attached to a girl. sorry to disappoint, lbl
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:My point is, if you think Yankee Stadium and Charlotte or Memphis are the same thing, than I don't understand what you're thinking. It's cold. So what?

you realize tobaccoroad isn't in new york so proximity means nothing to me. so that...

plus, as pointed out above, i don't even like sports. so stick that in chaz's pipe and smoke it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:My point is, if you think Yankee Stadium and Charlotte or Memphis are the same thing, than I don't understand what you're thinking. It's cold. So what?

you realize tobaccoroad isn't in new york so proximity means nothing to me. so that...

plus, as pointed out above, i don't even like sports. so stick that in chaz's pipe and smoke it

tre (rhymes w ghey) even if it was on walmart road you wouldn't go anyways...you don't even like sports
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

tre (rhymes w ghey) even if it was on walmart road you wouldn't go anyways...you don't even like sports

if bc was in charlotte for their bowl game and it wasn't the day i was moving into my new house, i would attend the bowl game against the craptacular opponent they were pitted against.

as they will be in the bronx, nashville or shreveport; this assertion will never be put to the test.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:23 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Sorry to distract from the :slapfight , but this got me thinking about recruiting. Wilkins is ranked 57 nationally. I feel like top 150 recruits for BC are fairly rare, let alone 57. Left me wondering if any of you recruiting weirdos remembers what our highest ranked recruit was?

Stars!!! :pepper2 :pepper2 :pepper2
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if bc was in charlotte for their bowl game and it wasn't the day i was moving into my new house

Did the new place come with a hot tub? Or at least a permanent DWB fixture?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Sorry to distract from the :slapfight , but this got me thinking about recruiting. Wilkins is ranked 57 nationally. I feel like top 150 recruits for BC are fairly rare, let alone 57. Left me wondering if any of you recruiting weirdos remembers what our highest ranked recruit was?

In more recent times, maybe Toal. But years ago, when ranking was in its relative infancy, I think we pulled in some highly ranked guys off of the Flutie years. One was a QB out of Ohio, whose name escapes me.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

In more recent times, maybe Toal. But years ago, when ranking was in its relative infancy, I think we pulled in some highly ranked guys off of the Flutie years. One was a QB out of Ohio, whose name escapes me.

Just looked it up on Rivals. They go back to '02 and Toal indeed, at #25 was our highest rated. By the way, no Top 100's since '04.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Mutryn
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Mutryn

Kamphaus
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Mutryn

Kamphaus

THE HEIGHTS {l Wrote}:The standout in the class of 1998 appears to Scott Mutryn, a 6-3, 200 pound quarterback from Purma Heights, Ohio. Mutryn led his high school St. Ignatius to two straight state titles and a number one ranking in this fall's USA Today national poll. Mutryn was a Blue Chip Illustrated Dream Team All American, a Super Prep All American, and a Parade Magazine All-American. He threw for 4,000 yards, and 42 touchdowns in his career, including a 1758 yard, 22 TD senior year. He chose BC over Penn State, Florida, Ohio State and Wisconsin.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium