2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

garf112 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:This is where Addazio wants to be - he will be here for the long term

This is exactly what I heard. Addazio is home.

FWIW, he called Temple his dream job just like he called us his dream job.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:17 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:This is where Addazio wants to be - he will be here for the long term

just like nospace called us his dream message blog
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:

just like nospace called us his dream message blog

Now he dreams of goatse.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby garf112 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:03 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:

To the media he did, yes.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:53 pm

can any of these kids coming in catch?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:can any of these kids coming in catch?

The Borgensen kid runs a 4.3 and had 26 TDs last year.

We have kids who can catch, the staff chooses not to play them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

How do you know he runs a 4.3? I would think with that speeeeed he'd have offers from the SEC.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:55 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

How do you know he runs a 4.3? I would think with that speeeeed he'd have offers from the SEC.

He ran a 4.3 for BC, MSU and Maryland and received an offer from us on the spot. If you can run like that and have those HS #s welcome aboard
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

Phillips, Barksdale, McClary and Smith. I'd rather see any of them play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He ran a 4.3 for BC, MSU and Maryland and received an offer from us on the spot. If you can run like that and have those HS #s welcome aboard

Well, if that's the case and he catches everything thrown to him, he's going to be the steal of this class.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:26 pm

What does the EA update on Saine and Torres say? That Torres kid can fly (state 100 meter track Champion)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What does the EA update on Saine and Torres say? That Torres kid can fly (state 100 meter track Champion)

I directed a tweet at Brendan Hall, one of the writers for ESPN Boston, a few months ago in re: to Torres, and he said that as far as he knows he is committed. Dont have access to EA to read the article, but found it interesting that he is not listed as committed on EA or on 247, so dont know what the situation with him is
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby fs33 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What does the EA update on Saine and Torres say? That Torres kid can fly (state 100 meter track Champion)

I directed a tweet at Brendan Hall, one of the writers for ESPN Boston, a few months ago in re: to Torres, and he said that as far as he knows he is committed. Dont have access to EA to read the article, but found it interesting that he is not listed as committed on EA or on 247, so dont know what the situation with him is

Saine is out. Could not get his grades in order to qualify last year. He is doing another prep year, but it seems like the staff moved on from him this year. He is not expected to be at BC.

Torres looks like he will be part of the class. He needed to get SATs and grades up to get admitted. The staff is still waiting on SAT scores but they seem confident he will get through admissions. FWIW, Torres has had huge numbers this year and has played WR, RB, and QB for his HS team. Two weeks ago he had 4 TDs and 300 yards of total offense (200 receiving yards). He is a track guy first and I think the staff has a lot of work to do to make him a football player.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:08 am

fs33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Saine is out. Could not get his grades in order to qualify last year. He is doing another prep year, but it seems like the staff moved on from him this year. He is not expected to be at BC.

Torres looks like he will be part of the class. He needed to get SATs and grades up to get admitted. The staff is still waiting on SAT scores but they seem confident he will get through admissions. FWIW, Torres has had huge numbers this year and has played WR, RB, and QB for his HS team. Two weeks ago he had 4 TDs and 300 yards of total offense (200 receiving yards). He is a track guy first and I think the staff has a lot of work to do to make him a football player.

I have to imagine he is a KR/PR/Alston role. If you can run like that I'm sure we can find a place for you
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am

I have said it before and I will say it again. The way 99% of the people who follow football view a wide receivers role is not the same way Dazz does. I bet Barksdale, Dixon and the others catch the ball better than Crimmins and Bordner. I doubt they block better. We all think receivers first priority should be to catch the ball and run with it. It appears Dazz thinks that a wide receiver should be a solid blocker on the edge and downfield first and if they can catch, then that is a bonus. Bordner is a very good blocker which is surprising as he has had no experience prior to this year doing it. He has dropped or fumbled numerous balls, yet he is out there on 95% of the offensive snaps. He is also slow as molasses. He wouldn't play at all at a school that has a traditional passing offense, but for what Dazz wants, he is a good fit.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

Why do you think any of those players "can catch"?

Phillips is sort of intriguing because of the one good half season at UConn. The freshman and Barksdale might be good, who knows, but this is the height of anyone but Crane. This is not to say Callinan, Bordner, Crimmins are acceptable, they are not, but at least they do one thing well. I really don't think you have the same running stats especially for Murphy if you replace our blocking tight ends masquerading as WRs with the guys you mention and I really don't know that they markedly improve the receiving stats either. They might.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

Phillips is sort of intriguing because of the one good half season at UConn. The freshman and Barksdale might be good, who knows, but this is the height of anyone but Crane. This is not to say Callinan, Bordner, Crimmins are acceptable, they are not, but at least they do one thing well. I really don't think you have the same running stats especially for Murphy if you replace our blocking tight ends masquerading as WRs with the guys you mention and I really don't know that they markedly improve the receiving stats either. They might.

Barksdale is hurt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby maxwell22 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 am

Is this the 2015 recruiting thread?
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

I saw a lot I didn't like about Philips on that last play. The television replay showed a great look at his "route". QB threw it exactly where it needed to be, and it was there. Philips candy-assed the route to avoid a hit - at least that is what I saw.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

I saw a lot I didn't like about Philips on that last play. The television replay showed a great look at his "route". QB threw it exactly where it needed to be, and it was there. Philips candy-assed the route to avoid a hit - at least that is what I saw.

I was sitting right there. The throw was to the post, Phillips sort of kind of ran a post but either didn't pick up the ball until late or, as you say, was afraid to run to it. He made a last second half ass dive, so I am inclined to believe that he just ran a sloppy post and didn't see it until late.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 am

agreed

about a month ago i questioned why shakim wasn't getting more time, not really any more.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who are they?

I was sitting right there. The throw was to the post, Phillips sort of kind of ran a post but either didn't pick up the ball until late or, as you say, was afraid to run to it. He made a last second half ass dive, so I am inclined to believe that he just ran a sloppy post and didn't see it until late.

Wasn't there a similar problem earlier in the game when he was open but kinda ran the wrong route (looking over his inside shoulder while the ball was thrown outside)???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I have said it before and I will say it again. The way 99% of the people who follow football view a wide receivers role is not the same way Dazz does. I bet Barksdale, Dixon and the others catch the ball better than Crimmins and Bordner. I doubt they block better. We all think receivers first priority should be to catch the ball and run with it. It appears Dazz thinks that a wide receiver should be a solid blocker on the edge and downfield first and if they can catch, then that is a bonus. Bordner is a very good blocker which is surprising as he has had no experience prior to this year doing it. He has dropped or fumbled numerous balls, yet he is out there on 95% of the offensive snaps. He is also slow as molasses. He wouldn't play at all at a school that has a traditional passing offense, but for what Dazz wants, he is a good fit.

I 100% agree with this, for this current team. But I have to wonder whether this might be another case of Daz just making the most of his current players. We don't have particularly talented pure receivers and we don't exactly have a gunslinger behind center. So, yes, the primary role of the receivers is to block...this year. Daz has already shown that the gameplan will be adjusted to fit the personnel and not the other way around.

I think Daz has made clear that he thinks blocking WR's are very important to his offensive scheme, but that's not to say that it'll be the primary role moving forward and I imagine the goal will be to bring in good receivers who also happen to have the physical capacity to be good blockers. At least, that's my hope... because I don't want an Army-style offense.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am

Yes, very odd play, he was totally out of position and looking over the wrong shoulder.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 am

We should recruit him for next year!
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:30 pm

With Wimbush flipping to ND, Penn State is starting/continuing to recruit Elijah Robinson. Says he is solid to BC for now

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/6876099312988223773/recruiting-montclair-qb-elijah-robinson-hearing-from-penn-state-remains-locked-in-with-boston-college/
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:26 pm

with regard to my blocking wide receiver theory, I just don't see at any time where this is going to a throwing offense under Dazz. His personnel now and the way he is recruiting quarterbacks indicate that the offense he is running now is what he wants to run. This doesn't seem like a fit your personnel type year. It will be interesting next year assuming it is Wade. We have nothing to go on, but I can't imagine he is even half the runner and ball faker that Murphy is. He seemed to throw a nice ball.

Do you think we will se more of the Andre Williams offense under Wade with some mix in misdirection, or more Murphy offense with a mix of Andre Williams power game?
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Based on Wade and the WR recruiting the past few years, passing is clearly a large part of the long term plan. I'd say they are looking for that to be the final installment of an offense that can go big, go spread option, or go spread in the passing game. In other words, Florida's offense combined with Stanford's.

I don't expect, based on the recruiting, them to have glorified TEs at WR after this season.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Of course, I thought Harold Landry would play a lot this season, so what do I know?
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium