2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:03 pm

why has Ray decommitting become a done deal? general pessimism, or reasons?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:why has Ray decommitting become a done deal? general pessimism, or reasons?

Nothing is a done deal. EA lists his commitment as soft. He stated that he has recently received an offer from Indiana which has made him think about looking around. He has also stated that if Lousiville or Kentucky were to offer he would strongly consider them.

The biggest concern is that if a program like Indiana offering is making him reconsider, there has to be something brewing.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Me thinks that losing Wilkins helps pull Crawford.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Upgrades to Alumni stadium are needed to attract more fans and recruits. Gladchuk wanted to close in the upper deck after seeing the big improvement in the game day atmosphere from closing in the lower deck. The stadium was sold out on a season ticket basis by giving 1 free garage parking pass for every 4 season tickets purchased. It worked, DBS and crazy parking prices and tailgating rules fucked everything up.

The bull shit we keep hearing about not having the money to build an indoor building is coming from Leahy only. We can over 35 million per year in all forms of football revenue including fundraising. It's time for Leahy to do what every other P5 school is doing and reinvest that money into new facilities. Standford, Baylor and TCU are all prime examples for Leahy to follow.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Upgrades to Alumni stadium are needed to attract more fans absolutely not and recruits probably not. Gladchuk wanted to close in the upper deck after seeing the big improvement in the game day atmosphere from closing in the lower deck. The stadium was sold out on a season ticket basis by giving 1 free garage parking pass for every 4 season tickets purchased. It worked, DBS and crazy parking prices and tailgating rules fucked everything up.

The bull shit we keep hearing about not having the money to build an indoor building is coming from Leahy only. no its not We can over 35 million per year in all forms of football revenue including fundraising if i need to spell out how the athletic department funds programs, you're already beyond saving. It's time for Leahy to do what every other P5 school is doing and reinvest that money into new facilities. Standford, Baylor and TCU are all prime examples for Leahy to follow.you check out stanfords attendance this year?

I'll take this step by step (see the red)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Upgrades to Alumni stadium are needed to attract more fans absolutely not and recruits probably not. Gladchuk wanted to close in the upper deck after seeing the big improvement in the game day atmosphere from closing in the lower deck. The stadium was sold out on a season ticket basis by giving 1 free garage parking pass for every 4 season tickets purchased. It worked, DBS and crazy parking prices and tailgating rules fucked everything up.

The bull shit we keep hearing about not having the money to build an indoor building is coming from Leahy only. no its not We can over 35 million per year in all forms of football revenue including fundraising if i need to spell out how the athletic department funds programs, you're already beyond saving. It's time for Leahy to do what every other P5 school is doing and reinvest that money into new facilities. Standford, Baylor and TCU are all prime examples for Leahy to follow.you check out stanfords attendance this year?

eaglekeeper posting this shit in the recruiting w3ird0z thread is why he isn't running away in his asshat head-to-head. if he posted it in non-w3ird0z threads that more people actually read... he'd be up there with roonie, teddy and hansen
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

eaglekeeper posting this shit in the recruiting w3ird0z thread is why he isn't running away in his asshat head-to-head. if he posted it in non-w3ird0z threads that more people actually read... he'd be up there with roonie, teddy and hansen

people reading the depths of the MaryAnns board are reading the recruiting weirdos threads. Just sayin.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:35 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Me thinks that losing Wilkins helps pull Crawford.

Hopefully it will help convince Ray to stay as well
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

people reading the depths of the MaryAnns board are reading the recruiting weirdos threads. Just sayin.

Is Eaglekeeper making a stealth attempt to win AssHat of the year?

I am very suspicious
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Is Eaglekeeper making a stealth attempt to win AssHat of the year?

I am very suspicious

Better go put in some extra reps on the Pitt pre game thread just in case.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Wonder if the championship game next Monday serves a similar purpose as the NCAA F4 in hoops, with coaches gathering and behind the scenes deals being made. If Daz goes (watch his buddy Urban), wonder if he sneaks in some recruiting in TX or God-forbid Cali?
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:33 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Can someone explain how losing a chance at one of the best DT prospects out there would help with Ray? Crawford I get... but that is assuming we were back-burnering him. I'm thinking that if he wanted in, he would have done it by now.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Can someone explain how losing a chance at one of the best DT prospects out there would help with Ray? Crawford I get... but that is assuming we were back-burnering him. I'm thinking that if he wanted in, he would have done it by now.

I can
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

I can

oh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

I can

oh

yeah
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

I can

sirius is just on top of his posting game right now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Troy Williams, #1 DT QB in the country a bit ago is transferring from Washington.

Assuming there's nothing weird about this situation, BC should reach out
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle14 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Besides trying to stop any of the current commits from decommitting, who is the staff still targeting for this year's class?
BCEagle14
n00b

Postby 31southst on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 pm

BCEagle14 {l Wrote}:Besides trying to stop any of the current commits from decommitting, who is the staff still targeting for this year's class?

I think Aaron Crawford is the main target at this point.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:31 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:why has Ray decommitting become a done deal? general pessimism, or reasons?

Nothing is a done deal. EA lists his commitment as soft. He stated that he has recently received an offer from Indiana which has made him think about looking around. He has also stated that if Lousiville or Kentucky were to offer he would strongly consider them.

The biggest concern is that if a program like Indiana offering is making him reconsider, there has to be something brewing.

I am hearing that at this point he is sticking with BC. Louisville was sniffing around but he still wants to go to BC. I am sure that can change overnight as we have seen with these kids.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I am hearing that at this point he is sticking with BC. Louisville was sniffing around but he still wants to go to BC. I am sure that can change overnight as we have seen with these kids.

247 shows him visiting Jan 16th. Hopefully that solidifies things. At this point, for me, he's a guy like Landry last year, not buying anything untill he's on campus. With coaching turnover and other classes needing to fill spots, as well as being at one of the most visible football high schools in the country, he will continue to be recruited. If Indiana made him think twice, any school with the slightest amount of national recognition that comes in late is a threat.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 pm

BC is the cheapest outfit in the ACC. SA has made it clear to Leahy that an indoor building and major upgrades to the stadium are needed to stay competitive. The cost estimate for the indoor field is 40 million and SA received a commitment that it will be built. Stadium upgrades are being discussed, but they have not come up with a final plan. Gladchuk had all of this scheduled to be built back in the 90's when the cost would have been significantly less. Leahy opposed the facilities calling athletics a distraction to the mission of BC.

RECRUITS WANT THE BEST. Stanford just got a 4 star WR. They don't need to fill their stadium to get recruiting dividends.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:16 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is the cheapest outfit in the ACC. SA has made it clear to Leahy that an indoor building and major upgrades to the stadium are needed to stay competitive. The cost estimate for the indoor field is 40 million and SA received a commitment that it will be built. Stadium upgrades are being discussed, but they have not come up with a final plan. Gladchuk had all of this scheduled to be built back in the 90's when the cost would have been significantly less. Leahy opposed the facilities calling athletics a distraction to the mission of BC.

RECRUITS WANT THE BEST. Stanford just got a 4 star WR. They don't need to fill their stadium to get recruiting dividends.

The Stanford 4-star receiver picked Stanford IRREGARDLESS of their facilities. They could be holding practices in the O.co parking lot and this could would've picked Stanford. And good for him... he'll be your boss one day.

The rest of the post is not worthy of comment... especially the fiction about Gladchuck and Leahy having any sort of working relationship in the 5-seconds between Leahy's arrival and the gambling scandal.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is the cheapest outfit in the ACC. SA has made it clear to Leahy that an indoor building and major upgrades to the stadium are needed to stay competitive. The cost estimate for the indoor field is 40 million and SA received a commitment that it will be built. Stadium upgrades are being discussed, but they have not come up with a final plan. Gladchuk had all of this scheduled to be built back in the 90's when the cost would have been significantly less. Leahy opposed the facilities calling athletics a distraction to the mission of BC.

The Stanford 4-star receiver picked Stanford IRREGARDLESS of their facilities. They could be holding practices in the O.co parking lot and this could would've picked Stanford. And good for him... he'll be your boss one day.

The rest of the post is not worthy of comment... especially the fiction about Gladchuck and Leahy having any sort of working relationship in the 5-seconds between Leahy's arrival and the gambling scandal.

BC is ridiculously cheap and I think cowardly at times when interacting with the politicians.

Otherwise the rest of EagleKeeper's agenda is absurd. They need to build a practice facility.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:19 am

question - do the recruits expect the corners to be filled in on the indoor practice facility?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 am

Where are you pulling this $40mm dollar number from. That is not even remotely close to the ther facilities that have been recently built. VT spent $25. Wake spent 21 and Syracuse spent 13 (or both are budgeting that amount).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:31 am

Where are you pulling this $40mm dollar number from. That is not even remotely close to the ther facilities that have been recently built. VT spent $25. Wake spent 21 and Syracuse spent 13 (or both are budgeting that amount).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:45 am

I'll bite, what are the stadium upgrades that SA thinks we need?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

fill in the corners. for some reason eaglekeeper believes that recruits desire more empty seats formed in a perfect bowl as opposed to 4 distinct sections of empty seats. he stinks and should be super voted into the next asshat round
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:57 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

bathrooms in the upper deck!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy