2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuxEagle26 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 am

Are there some sort of rules against including wilkins name in the commit's tweets? Seems like all the commits had a great time via their tweets with each other, but no mention whatsoever of wilkins...
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:37 am

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Are there some sort of rules against including wilkins name in the commit's tweets? Seems like all the commits had a great time via their tweets with each other, but no mention whatsoever of wilkins...

Precisely the point I was making earlier today. I wouldn't take that as a particularly good development.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Are there some sort of rules against including wilkins name in the commit's tweets? Seems like all the commits had a great time via their tweets with each other, but no mention whatsoever of wilkins...

Precisely the point I was making earlier today. I wouldn't take that as a particularly good development.

Maybe he doesnt want recruiting pedophiles stalking analysts following his every move...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Wait...so you are being negative? I'm fucking shocked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Wait...so you are being negative? I'm fucking shocked.

Wilkins has been really private throughout the process. TWB is correct here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

Wouldn't read a damn thing into the silence on Wilkins. He doesn't talk at all and he isn't going to tip his hand. Extremely private one of the toughest I've seen he doesn't talk to anyone. I remember a video interview he did where he answered pretty much everything with I don't know or yes or no. He just doesn't tip his hand. Won't know what he's thinking until he decides.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:01 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Article on Elijah Robinson... http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... montclair/

I assume he redshirts and then sits 2 years behind Miller and Wade and then starts for 2 years. He seems like a great runner, but how is his arm?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:17 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Article on Elijah Robinson... http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... montclair/

I assume he redshirts and then sits 2 years behind Miller and Wade and then starts for 2 years. He seems like a great runner, but how is his arm?

Are you saying that if Flutie has to sit an additional year behind Miller he will transfer?

Maybe Miller isn't worth the price, then.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:29 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Are you saying that if Flutie has to sit an additional year behind Miller he will transfer?

No, Flutie is going to get a ton of run. May even be Miller's top target
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this is a new and exciting way to push your "flutie is a wr" agenda and i applaud it Image
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this is a new and exciting way to push your "flutie is a wr" agenda and i applaud it Image

I didn't really understand his question since Miller is a QB.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:55 pm

There's about a 1 percent chance Braxton ever makes it to BC. I'd say 50/50 that Flutie gets meaningful snap at BC.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:There's about a 1 percent chance Braxton ever makes it to BC. I'd say 50/50 that Flutie gets meaningful snap at BC.

I'd say it's 100% that Flutie plays meaningful snaps at slot receiver.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:02 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

ElijahRob completed 48% of his passes senior year. Passing needs a lot of work.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 pm

I predict a 67% completion rate for Flutie at BC entirely in Bordner-esque trick plays

Jeff Smith is probably the more likely of the two to challenge Wade as a true freshman IMO, but I'll be shocked if Wade isn't the starter from day 1. The interesting question will be who backs him up, giving Wade mop-up reps behind Murphy this year when he has 3 clear years ahead of him was one thing, doing the same with Robinson or Smith when they're only a year behind the starter would be another. If I'm Addazio and the two incoming freshmen are more or less on par I might consider redshirting one this year and the other the next, otherwise you could use Flutie as the backup for this season, but then you're limiting his practice reps at WR. Maybe there's some 5th year kid out there who would be willing to come in with the understanding that he's the backup behind Wade, in order to get a free graduate degree from BC?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I predict a 67% completion rate for Flutie at BC entirely in Bordner-esque trick plays

Jeff Smith is probably the more likely of the two to challenge Wade as a true freshman IMO, but I'll be shocked if Wade isn't the starter from day 1. The interesting question will be who backs him up, giving Wade mop-up reps behind Murphy this year when he has 3 clear years ahead of him was one thing, doing the same with Robinson or Smith when they're only a year behind the starter would be another. If I'm Addazio and the two incoming freshmen are more or less on par I might consider redshirting one this year and the other the next, otherwise you could use Flutie as the backup for this season, but then you're limiting his practice reps at WR. Maybe there's some 5th year kid out there who would be willing to come in with the understanding that he's the backup behind Wade, in order to get a free graduate degree from BC?

There is a 100% chance Flutie will be a QB next season.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I predict a 67% completion rate for Flutie at BC entirely in Bordner-esque trick plays

There is a 100% chance Flutie will be a QB next season.

Too good of an athlete to waste on a clipboard.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Call me paranoid, but why doesn't 247 reflect Wilkins official visit this past weekend? They list Clemson the week before and Ohio St next week, but curiously absent is BC on 12/6. Curious omission, just like all mention of Wilkins in all the recruits tweets was curious...

* Takes off tin foil hat *
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:14 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Call me paranoid, but why doesn't 247 reflect Wilkins official visit this past weekend? They list Clemson the week before and Ohio St next week, but curiously absent is BC on 12/6. Curious omission, just like all mention of Wilkins in all the recruits tweets was curious...

maybe ryan sidney stole his t-shirt...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby QuailMan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Call me paranoid, but why doesn't 247 reflect Wilkins official visit this past weekend? They list Clemson the week before and Ohio St next week, but curiously absent is BC on 12/6. Curious omission, just like all mention of Wilkins in all the recruits tweets was curious...

Are you saying this was a phantom official visit?!?!
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:28 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:

Are you saying this was a phantom official visit?!?!

I think he is listed as Mr. Underhill.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:47 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I think he is listed as Mr. Underhill.

One of my buddies from BC tried to be cute and made hotel reservations for his wedding night under that name. His line of thought was that us drunk idiots couldn't disturb his wedding night if we were unable to locate his room. It's a good idea, in theory. Of course, he and his bride return from the reception and the lackey working the front desk at 1 AM can't check them in because my friend doesn't have an ID or credit card identifying him as "Underhill." I can still remember how red his face was when we saw them in the lobby.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

One of my buddies from BC tried to be cute and made hotel reservations for his wedding night under that name. His line of thought was that us drunk idiots couldn't disturb his wedding night if we were unable to locate his room. It's a good idea, in theory. Of course, he and his bride return from the reception and the lackey working the front desk at 1 AM can't check them in because my friend doesn't have an ID or credit card identifying him as "Underhill." I can still remember how red his face was when we saw them in the lobby.

Thats funny, and at 1 am you have no one with any brains or real authority working. Serves him right for being a nerd.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Thats funny, and at 1 am you have no one with any brains or real authority working. Serves him right for being a nerd.

It's not fucking nerdy to quote Fletch ferchrissakes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Unfortunately, my friend was stealing the Underhill thing from Lord of the Rings, not Fletch.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Unfortunately, my friend was stealing the Underhill thing from Lord of the Rings, not Fletch.

Okay, the Lord of the Rings is kind of nerdy, but it could be a lot worse. That said, I'd be shocked if Fletch didn't steal it from there too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Ahem:

Maybe I am the nerd, but if he had charged it to the Underhills, it would be a Fletch quote, but giving your fake name to an innkeeper is a definite LOTR reference.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Yes, I am aware of the LOTR reference. The fact that you two nerds thought of that before Fletch disturbs me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Okay, the Lord of the Rings is kind of nerdy, but it could be a lot worse. That said, I'd be shocked if Fletch didn't steal it from there too.

Just curious what is nerdier? Quidditch and ...
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium