2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Well this is a fantastic start to the next recruiting class.

If Addazio can keep this up, even if he can't coach for a lick the hire will have been successful because he will have added some real talent to the team. Let's hope he can continue to recruit AND coach them up though cause so far this is pretty fun.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 am

Ohio State has offered Clark.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle14 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:56 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Well this is a fantastic start to the next recruiting class.

If Addazio can keep this up, even if he can't coach for a lick the hire will have been successful because he will have added some real talent to the team. Let's hope he can continue to recruit AND coach them up though cause so far this is pretty fun.

It's quite clear he can "coach for a lick". He took a horrible team that lacks talent in numerous positions and made them a 7-5 team. He has brought life back into this program. I love the way he recruits. People can complain all they want that he may be "a little much" sometimes because of all his energy but I love it. He is a breath of fresh air compared to our basketball coach.
BCEagle14
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:24 am

remember when our basketball coach was considered a breath of fresh air? remember when he took a roster full of players that underachieved the previous year, under the previous coach, and made their record much better? (from 14-17 to 22-12).

I'm being cautiously optimistic here. history is all about learning from the past and diagnosing patterns. yessssss, thank you general education

I don't think history will repeat itself, because Addazio can actually recruit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:33 am

It is an eternity to signing day (unless he plans to enroll early... on which case it's still over 12-months), that said, this a fucking great way to kickoff the class!

I fully anticipate that Daz will assemble a MAJOR recruiting class this Spring/Summer (I'm talking something that ranks in the top 3 in the conference and top 15 nationally). The second recruiting year is always real big for a new coach. But, the intrigue will be whether the staff can keep them together and fend off challenges from tOSU, UGA and the like... all while enduring the Spaz-fueled dumpster fire of next season.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:02 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It is an eternity to signing day (unless he plans to enroll early... on which case it's still over 12-months), that said, this a fucking great way to kickoff the class!

I fully anticipate that Daz will assemble a MAJOR recruiting class this Spring/Summer (I'm talking something that ranks in the top 3 in the conference and top 15 nationally). The second recruiting year is always real big for a new coach. But, the intrigue will be whether the staff can keep them together and fend off challenges from tOSU, UGA and the like... all while enduring the Spaz-fueled dumpster fire of next season.

I share your concerns about recruiting a great class and then having a 4-8 season which undoes a lot the goodness. Tyler Murphy might be able to get BC six wins. BC needs that bridge year to keep the recruiting train rolling.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Christian LeMay is transferring from UGA. He'd have to sit out a year, but a highly rated dual-threat that Florida did recruit.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:It is an eternity to signing day (unless he plans to enroll early... on which case it's still over 12-months), that said, this a fucking great way to kickoff the class!

I share your concerns about recruiting a great class and then having a 4-8 season which undoes a lot the goodness. Tyler Murphy might be able to get BC six wins. BC needs that bridge year to keep the recruiting train rolling.

My worry also.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Two freshman just won the heisman in back to back years. I expect to see the team improve over this year on both sides of the ball. UMass, Maine, CSU are all very winnable games early on. Wade and Outlaw could be the 2 most talented skilled guys we have had in years. Flutie will probably hold on FG giving the team an option to fake and using him at WR could mean he will be throwing downfield on occasion. There is a lot of offensive options next year. I expect the defense will improve under Brown, but 2015-2016 the D will become much better, maybe even a force.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:11 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Flutie will probably hold on FG giving the team an option to fake .

I see what you did there, kudos

Also don't get all the doom and gloom of a 3/4 win team
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Umass, Maine, and CSU give the team 3 wins toward 6 which I think considering the circumstances is the minimum needed for next year.
That leaves us needing 3 or 4 in a league stacked full of bottom feeders.

I would be SHOCKED if we do not win six next year no matter how much HomoJS tells me I'm wrong.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Casey on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Two freshman just won the heisman in back to back years.
both Mabsel & Winston were Redshirt Freshman, who inherited an O-Line & RB crew full of Juniors and seniors. Way different for us.

We'll have to rely on a bevy if True Freshman and marginal upper class man next year. In 2 years we'll be in a better position. It will be a fight to match to match this years Redford, and doing so means any ACC team we best gad an incompetent staff, because no one inherited a worse roster than Daz.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Casey {l Wrote}: It will be a fight to match to match this years Redford, and doing so means any ACC team we best gad an incompetent staff, because no one inherited a worse roster than Daz.

I'm gonna guess a smartphone was used for this one.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Colorado state is absolutely not an automatic win next year. Far from it. Though I do agree with the premise that a 3 or 4 win season would make things dicey holding onto HJS hypothetical top 15 national recruiting class. As to HJS preiction for a top 15 class, that is crazy talk. Plain crazy talk, for a few reasons.

1. It would be the highest rated recruiting class in the history of BC football. I think coughlin may have once been around 15, but either way you are asking for a historical BC class.

2. BC will be 2 years removed from 2-10.

3. Alabama, auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU, Ohio st, Clemson, Miami, USC, Stanford, ND, Oregon, Michigan, Texas, LSU, S, car. That is 16 schools off the top of my head which I expect to Irish ahead of BC evey year. There are probably another 10-15 schools that upon a combination of things some being national programs, some having programs on a roll right now are ahead of BC right now, Oklahoma, Vt, MSU, UW, Wisconsin, Nebraska, penn st, Tennessee, Oklahoma St, Arizona, Louisville. We have to crack that second group, and hope that some other program doesn't have a big recruiting year, UVA this year, Georgia, tech, UNC, TT. Sign me up for top 25 every year. Topm15 is not happening.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:54 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Colorado state is absolutely not an automatic win next year. Far from it. Though I do agree with the premise that a 3 or 4 win season would make things dicey holding onto HJS hypothetical top 15 national recruiting class. As to HJS preiction for a top 15 class, that is crazy talk. Plain crazy talk, for a few reasons.

1. It would be the highest rated recruiting class in the history of BC football. I think coughlin may have once been around 15, but either way you are asking for a historical BC class.

3. Alabama, auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU, Ohio st, Clemson, Miami, USC, Stanford, ND, Oregon, Michigan, Texas, LSU, S, car. That is 16 schools off the top of my head which I expect to Irish ahead of BC evey year. There are probably another 10-15 schools that upon a combination of things some being national programs, some having programs on a roll right now are ahead of BC right now, Oklahoma, Vt, MSU, UW, Wisconsin, Nebraska, penn st, Tennessee, Oklahoma St, Arizona, Louisville. We have to crack that second group, and hope that some other program doesn't have a big recruiting year, UVA this year, Georgia, tech, UNC, TT. Sign me up for top 25 every year. Topm15 is not happening.

Coach Onahue? Reach for the stars, young man, reach for the stars....
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Colorado state is absolutely not an automatic win next year. Far from it. Though I do agree with the premise that a 3 or 4 win season would make things dicey holding onto HJS hypothetical top 15 national recruiting class. As to HJS preiction for a top 15 class, that is crazy talk. Plain crazy talk, for a few reasons.

Coach Onahue? Reach for the stars, young man, reach for the stars....

Sounds more like coach TOB than Onahue. We can't expect lowly BC to win more than 8 games.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Casey on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:27 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Casey {l Wrote}: It will be a fight to match to match this years Redford, and doing so means any ACC team we best gad an incompetent staff, because no one inherited a worse roster than Daz.

I'm gonna guess a smartphone was used for this one.

Guilty. Ugh, that was bad
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby bcbasketball20 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:12 pm

predictions on anyone else

so far we have pallazzolo

I'm hoping for wilkins, deberrry, ude
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:55 pm

bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:predictions on anyone else

Looks like BC offered Zach Allen (6'5 235 DE from New Canaan, CT). Pitt offer so far
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:03 am

bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:predictions on anyone else

You won't hear anyone disagree with Wilkins, and Ude is another quality prospect. OLB Justin Hilliard would be an amazing commit if we could get him from St Xavier Ohio, but I'd like to see Tommy Hatton and Hunter Littlejohn commit.
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:24 pm

DE Russell Ude says he is definitely going to visit BC. Doesn't sound like we're necessarily one of his top tier schools at this point but he said he's going to give us every chance. Seems like this is a case where being the first offer helped a little as he's blown up since then.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

DE Scott Patchan's recruiting has reallyp blown up of late. Offers from Notre Dame, Miami, Tennessee and Ohio State and hearing from Alabama has probably put him out of our reach. He did attend the bowl game to support Matt and has 4.0 GPA - would be an enormous achievement to land him now.
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:50 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:DE Scott Patchan's recruiting has reallyp blown up of late. Offers from Notre Dame, Miami, Tennessee and Ohio State and hearing from Alabama has probably put him out of our reach. He did attend the bowl game to support Matt and has 4.0 GPA - would be an enormous achievement to land him now.

Hilliman's offer sheer was just as good, so no reason to write him off, esp considering the relationship between Daz and the family. Daz turned him into an NFL draft pick.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:DE Scott Patchan's recruiting has reallyp blown up of late. Offers from Notre Dame, Miami, Tennessee and Ohio State and hearing from Alabama has probably put him out of our reach. He did attend the bowl game to support Matt and has 4.0 GPA - would be an enormous achievement to land him now.

Hilliman's offer sheer was just as good, so no reason to write him off, esp considering the relationship between Daz and the family. Daz turned him into an NFL draft pick.

The family's relationship with Daz, and now BC, will be the biggest factor if he comes. His video is unreal and placing him opposite Harold Landry would be a great pairing down the line.

On another note, Tyler Hudanick 2015 OL has top 5 in order: Penn State, Pitt, Missouri, Boston College, Temple
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The family's relationship with Daz, and now BC, will be the biggest factor if he comes. His video is unreal and placing him opposite Harold Landry would be a great pairing down the line.

On another note, Tyler Hudanick 2015 OL has top 5 in order: Penn State, Pitt, Missouri, Boston College, Temple

Im guessing this Hudanick info is from 247. They have been doing live interviews as players for the Army All American combine check in. Another name of note is Scooter Harrington (Greenwich, CT) has BC offer and father played at BC in 80's. Listed at 6'4 225 with interest from Northwestern so far, class of 2016. I believe Hunter Littlejohn is in attendance as well. There was another 2015 QB, Ryan Willis from Kansas (6'5 195lbs) who specifically said he would love to see an offer from an academic school and listed BC along with the other culprits (Stanford, Duke, Vandy), however so far only a K-State offer.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:56 pm

BC hitting up Fairfield county huh? Has the quality of play there upped recently?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BC hitting up Fairfield county huh? Has the quality of play there upped recently?

The cross country and men's lax athletes were always ACC caliber.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Who are we looking at for QBs? Is Harris the #1 target?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Looks like offer out to Jordan Fox (6'3 LB from SPP). Offers so far from UGA, Nebraska, Rutgers, Vandy, UVA.

Hillman tweeted something out this AM about the offer as well, they seem to be close.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 pm

BC in 2015 4 star OL Steven Gonzalez's top 5 with RU,South Carolina,Ohio State,and Wisconsin. Looks like were in Wimbush's top 5 too. Might make the trip for junior day planning decision late next month. He's OSU if they want him though IMO.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium