2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
ElizabethKerker {l Wrote}:Wanna try wholesale home audio Here are best quality for men selling and all of them are of good quality and low price.

fuck you baby maker

It's too bad the emphasis on men will further scare 216 away from the Nexus.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:18 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
ElizabethKerker {l Wrote}:Wanna try wholesale home audio Here are best quality for men selling and all of them are of good quality and low price.

fuck you baby maker

It's too bad the emphasis on men will further scare 216 away from the Nexus.

elizabeth is usually a lady name so i don't think this counts as a tangent into gay shit
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 am

As to the 85 total, I think these are the players who have possible eligibility:

Harrison Jackson
Darius Wade
Sherman Alston
Marcus Outlow
Harold Landry
Bobby Swigert
Connor Strachan
Gabriel McClary
Troy Flutie
Dan Crimmins
Isaac Yiadom
Myles Willis
Allen Dawson
David Dudeck
Justin Simmons
Matt Milano
Joel Karim Zoungrana
Joey Launceford
Mike Strizak
Jon Hilliman
Tim Joy
Tyler Rouse
Bobby Wolford
Kamrin Moore
Richard Wilson
Sean Burke
Atem Ntantang
Austin Stevens
Alex Howell
John Johnson
Ty Schwab
Mehdi Abdesmad
Joel Rich
Cameron Seward
Nick Lifka
Kevin Bletzer
Frank Taylor
Steven Daniels
Christian Lezzer
Jack Cottrell
James Hendren
Harris Williams
Jim Cashman
Sam Schmal
Dave Bowen
Jon Baker
Drew Barksdale
Louie Addazio
Charlie Callinan
Nat Dixon
Thadd Smith
Malachi Moore
Michael Giacone
Tommy Sweeney
Connor Wujciak
Joseph Vitiello
Kevin Cohee
Kevin Kavalec
Noa Merritt
Truman Gutapfel
Mike Knoll

That is a total of 61 players, the current recruiting class lists 24 commits (that's 85), but the EA guy says that its unlikely both Taj Amir-Torres and Davon Jones actually make it to campus.

Here are the question marks on returning players I see (by the way, the AD website is a billion times better than it used to be):

1. Sean Burke was a walk on but apparently received a scholarship at some point http://articles.philly.com/2014-07-16/sports/51549407_1_bill-burke-football-field-football-programhttp://articles.philly.com/2014-07-16/sports/51549407_1_bill-burke-football-field-football-program. I have no idea whether this was a one year deal (I know all scholarships must be renewed each year, but practically I'm not sure whether the "you earned this through hard work" scholarships are renewed virtually automatically like those given to incoming freshman.

2. Mehdi Abdesmad, looks like he will almost certainly be back: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/06/loses-mehdi-abdesmad-again-season-ending-knee-issue/3BRfJSz6M1gXV6r7JUAQVL/story.html

3. Nick Lifka, he's a fifth year senior, he started a couple games, plays a fair amount. I'd imagine he'll be back but don't know.

4. Harris Williams, this would be a sixth year. He only played one game this year, seems like he should be back but as far as I can tell it hasn't been approved yet. Similar facts to Momah who didn't get another year but didn't GDF or somebody in the AD office bungle that application or did Mo'J make that up?

5. Louis Addazio, is he on scholarship? Who knows.

I expect the other 5th year seniors, Bowen, Wujiack and Howell are near locks to be back.

There will be other transfers out, but who knows who. If the staff is aware of any that we are not, that will of course effect the 85.
Last edited by eagle9903 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 am

SIRIUZ CONTENT!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 am

Regarding Addazio's kid, I know students of professors get significant financial aid to attend the school. Maybe in this case he is not on athletic scholarship, but is getting most of his bill picked up by the school due to his relationship with a school employee? Speculating here.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Regarding Addazio's kid, I know students of professors get significant financial aid to attend the school. Maybe in this case he is not on athletic scholarship, but is getting most of his bill picked up by the school due to his relationship with a school employee? Speculating here.

think addazio has to count against the scholarship limit. if not all the baby rapists would start hiring kid's parents to have them not count against the 85
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Regarding Addazio's kid, I know students of professors get significant financial aid to attend the school. Maybe in this case he is not on athletic scholarship, but is getting most of his bill picked up by the school due to his relationship with a school employee? Speculating here.

think addazio has to count against the scholarship limit. if not all the baby rapists would start hiring kid's parents to have them not count against the 85

That's a good point.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:08 am

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:So Borgensen and Elijah Robinson are to enroll early. They count against this past yr's class, I assume? Also, does this mean we have 3 scholarships for this upcoming class?

The scholarship count this year was never the question. It's that total amount of scholarships that is

BC is not close to the 85. They are very close to the 25.

Is this actually true? A lot of people saying we can only take 2 more. How does this make sense if we are going to have 4 early enroll? Did we hit 25 last year or something?

BC had like 28 last year, but there were early entries - Wade, et al
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 am

Okay, so we are now okay with the 25 because of 5? early enrollees, but seriousbidness has clarified that we have more scholarship athletes then I thought if you count all the 5th years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I think this rule only applies to other athletes on scholarship for sports - the Jimmy Johnson rule. I am not certain it would apply to "financial aid" packages - a rule like that could cause some problems for schools that don't technically give scholarships. It could also screw walkons that are receiving aid. Maybe there is a rule specifically addressing sons of faculty, but I doubt it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 am

according to Logitano and Claver in the Billy update thread Williams is a go. So scratch him from the maybes.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:according to Logitano and Claver in the Billy update thread Williams is a go. So scratch him from the maybes.

Question: how many of the 4 early entries can we actually kick back to last class? I know we had early entries last year, too, but I thought we were close to the 25 anyway since it was a big class.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:according to Logitano and Claver in the Billy update thread Williams is a go. So scratch him from the maybes.

Question: how many of the 4 early entries can we actually kick back to last class? I know we had early entries last year, too, but I thought we were close to the 25 anyway since it was a big class.

So the 25 limit is on "Initial Counters," which is defined by NCAA bylaw 15.02.3.1 as "a counter who is receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. (See Bylaw 15.5.6.3 in football for instances in which the institution is permitted to defer the counting of such financial aid until the following academic year)."

15.02.3 defines a "Counter" as an individual who is receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sports.

15.5, et seq. governs limits on scholarships. A student-athlete shall be a counter and included in the maximum awards limitations. A student-athlete who receives financial aid based in any degree on athletics ability shall become
a counter for the year during which the student-athlete receives the financial aid. 15.5.1.(a); Football Limitations for Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] is governed under 15.5.1.A., which provides "there shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1 see above) and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football at each institution.

The normal situation for an incoming recruit is to enter in the fall, such a recruit who enters in the fall term and receives institutional financial aid (based in any degree on athletics ability) during the first academic year in residence shall be an initial counter for that year in football. 15.5.6.3.1.

But an early entrant shall be an initial counter for either the current (current academic year is the last recruiting class) academic year (if the institution’s annual limit has not been reached) or the next academic year. The student-athlete shall be included in the institution’s total counter limit during the academic year in which the aid was first received. 15.5.6.3.2.

In the 2014 class there were 28 total commits. Wade, Dawson, Yiadom, Baker and Landry all enrolled in January and Hilliman in June. Think all 6 can be counted as initial counters for the 2013 class. Seine never enrolled. That leaves 21 class of 2014 recruits, which seems to allow all of Lindstrom, Martin, Robinson and Bergenson to count as 2014.

As I read it, red-shirting and initial counters are discreet concepts and don't cause any 2014 recruits to be pushed back and count as 2015 initial counters.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Don't know if this was brought up yet but Ohio st just picked up a DT the other day who visited the same time as Wilkins did. I have a feeling Wilkins will probably announce his decision when he plays in the UA high school game.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Don't know if this was brought up yet but Ohio st just picked up a DT the other day who visited the same time as Wilkins did. I have a feeling Wilkins will probably announce his decision when he plays in the UA high school game.

Isn't Wilkins trying to enroll early? If I didn't make that up, you'd have to think that his decision would be coming pretty soon.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Don't know if this was brought up yet but Ohio st just picked up a DT the other day who visited the same time as Wilkins did. I have a feeling Wilkins will probably announce his decision when he plays in the UA high school game.

Isn't Wilkins trying to enroll early? If I didn't make that up, you'd have to think that his decision would be coming pretty soon.

that has been said by people who are not you I think
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So the 25 limit is on "Initial Counters," which is defined by NCAA bylaw 15.02.3.1 as "a counter who is receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. (See Bylaw 15.5.6.3 in football for instances in which the institution is permitted to defer the counting of such financial aid until the following academic year)."

15.02.3 defines a "Counter" as an individual who is receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sports.

15.5, et seq. governs limits on scholarships. A student-athlete shall be a counter and included in the maximum awards limitations. A student-athlete who receives financial aid based in any degree on athletics ability shall become
a counter for the year during which the student-athlete receives the financial aid. 15.5.1.(a); Football Limitations for Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] is governed under 15.5.1.A., which provides "there shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1 see above) and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football at each institution.

The normal situation for an incoming recruit is to enter in the fall, such a recruit who enters in the fall term and receives institutional financial aid (based in any degree on athletics ability) during the first academic year in residence shall be an initial counter for that year in football. 15.5.6.3.1.

But an early entrant shall be an initial counter for either the current (current academic year is the last recruiting class) academic year (if the institution’s annual limit has not been reached) or the next academic year. The student-athlete shall be included in the institution’s total counter limit during the academic year in which the aid was first received. 15.5.6.3.2.

In the 2014 class there were 28 total commits. Wade, Dawson, Yiadom, Baker and Landry all enrolled in January and Hilliman in June. Think all 6 can be counted as initial counters for the 2013 class. Seine never enrolled. That leaves 21 class of 2014 recruits, which seems to allow all of Lindstrom, Martin, Robinson and Bergenson to count as 2014.

As I read it, red-shirting and initial counters are discreet concepts and don't cause any 2014 recruits to be pushed back and count as 2015 initial counters.

Thank you
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:18 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}: I have a feeling Wilkins will probably announce his decision when he plays in the UA high school game.

Can we win it?!?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Have we ever had a guy announce for us in one of those all star games? I know we've had guys take part in them before but as far as I can remember only players who had already committed.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:42 pm

i think toal was one. not sure if there any others.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby guru2 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:i think toal was one. not sure if there any others.

Toal announced at the ESPN Zone in Times Square ...
guru2
Carney Hall

Postby footer20 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Ryan Williams picked Virginia Tech and Tommy Streeter picked Miami but our hats were present :bag :bag
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 am

guru2 {l Wrote}:

Toal announced at the ESPN Zone in Times Square ...

Shit, you're totally right. My bad.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 am

footer20 {l Wrote}:

Ryan Williams picked Virginia Tech and Tommy Streeter picked Miami but our hats were present :bag :bag

Yeah, I actually watched the Williams one. I thought we were getting him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, I actually watched the Williams one. I thought we were getting him.

Disappointing at the time but in hindsight if we get Williams we don't take Montel.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:56 pm

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1749087/hig ... /219436381

Jeff smith senior highlights.

Can any of our in house experts give him a letter grade please
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:22 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1749087/highlights/219436381

D-List target.

I mean look at the offers. Akron, Army, Wisconsin?
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:

D-List target.

Was that sarcasm?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:19 pm

that kid has wheels.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:57 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:

D-List target.

Was that sarcasm?

Yes.

Quail only cares about who offered the kid. Whether the player is actually good or not isn't relevant to the conversation.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium