2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is the cheapest outfit in the ACC. SA has made it clear to Leahy that an indoor building and major upgrades to the stadium are needed to stay competitive. The cost estimate for the indoor field is 40 million and SA received a commitment that it will be built. Stadium upgrades are being discussed, but they have not come up with a final plan. Gladchuk had all of this scheduled to be built back in the 90's when the cost would have been significantly less. Leahy opposed the facilities calling athletics a distraction to the mission of BC.

RECRUITS WANT THE BEST. Stanford just got a 4 star WR. They don't need to fill their stadium to get recruiting dividends.

I'll bite, what are the stadium upgrades that SA thinks we need?

bathrooms in the upper deck!

i don't think eaglekeeper ever asked for that. people that actually go to games have suggested that but eaglekeeper is all about the aesthetics with none of the functionality
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is the cheapest outfit in the ACC. SA has made it clear to Leahy that an indoor building and major upgrades to the stadium are needed to stay competitive. The cost estimate for the indoor field is 40 million and SA received a commitment that it will be built. Stadium upgrades are being discussed, but they have not come up with a final plan. Gladchuk had all of this scheduled to be built back in the 90's when the cost would have been significantly less. Leahy opposed the facilities calling athletics a distraction to the mission of BC.

RECRUITS WANT THE BEST. Stanford just got a 4 star WR. They don't need to fill their stadium to get recruiting dividends.

This. And remember when the new video boards crapped out during the second half of the SU game? They need to fix that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

This. And remember when the new video boards crapped out during the second half of the SU game? They need to fix that.

1. I don't sit on that side so I don't care;
B) I don't think recruits factor this in when picking Clempson over BC;
III. Wear a diaper you whiny bitches!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:III. Wear a diaper you whiny bitches!

there have been many times i've debated going over the top of the upper deck, especially on the nerds who arrive late at games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

there have been many times i've debated going over the top of the upper deck, especially on the nerds who arrive late at games

You won't do it.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

that's not a nice thing to do to BME.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:19 am

Oseh Saine (DE/DT recruit) - hearing he is now going to MD. This class is closing scrong.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:22 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Oseh Saine (DE/DT recruit) - hearing he is now going to MD. This class is closing scrong.

Thats a shame. Kid has a ton of athletic ability
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:36 am

Far be it for me to defend the sparse recruiting along the DL. But... isn't Saine the kid who couldn't get himself eligible? I thought I read months ago that he was no longer in our plans?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Far be it for me to defend the sparse recruiting along the DL. But... isn't Saine the kid who couldn't get himself eligible? I thought I read months ago that he was no longer in our plans?

while far from a recruiting weird0, i recall this being the case as well

but lets not let reality get in the way of an agenda
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Far be it for me to defend the sparse recruiting along the DL. But... isn't Saine the kid who couldn't get himself eligible? I thought I read months ago that he was no longer in our plans?

I think this is more or less right. He definitely wasn't eligible last year which is why he did a post grad semester. I think he finally hit the NCAA minimum this year but was below BC's minimum for athletes without the coach putting up a fight. It doesn't seem like this was one of the guys Addazio went to bat for and I can't blame him for that.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:57 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I think this is more or less right. He definitely wasn't eligible last year which is why he did a post grad semester. I think he finally hit the NCAA minimum this year but was below BC's minimum for athletes without the coach putting up a fight. It doesn't seem like this was one of the guys Addazio went to bat for and I can't blame him for that.

I think hes been in the plans untill somewhat recently (this article from October, that the Maryland recruiting site posted, suggests he was planning on being at BC in Jan ...

http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/content/college-football-all-systems-go-lincolns-saine-join-boston-college)

The article also states that he was at Rhode Island Community College for a period to improve his grades. Normally some late, local flyer not showing up wouldn't bother me at all, but this is a position of major need and he at least had some size and a PG year. This makes Aaron Crawford a must get right now, and I honestly don't see any indication that he plans on doing so (I fell like it would have happened by now if it was going to happen at all).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:02 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I think hes been in the plans untill somewhat recently (this article from October, that the Maryland recruiting site posted, suggests he was planning on being at BC in Jan ...

http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/content/college-football-all-systems-go-lincolns-saine-join-boston-college)

The article also states that he was at Rhode Island Community College for a period to improve his grades. Normally some late, local flyer not showing up wouldn't bother me at all, but this is a position of major need and he at least had some size and a PG year. This makes Aaron Crawford a must get right now, and I honestly don't see any indication that he plans on doing so (I fell like it would have happened by now if it was going to happen at all).

What would indicate he was in the plans until recently?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

This is some real sirius posting. Classic.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Because the article was published in October (3 months ago) and he got his Maryland offer about 20 hours ago (which until then there was no news on him so what else are we to assume other than what had been publicly stated, that he would be enrolling at BC in January).

9903 youre a gimmick account right ? you cant be this much of a moron in real life. Go work on your sketches of the Alumni Stadium improvements instead of wasting everyones time
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Because the article was published in October (3 months ago) and he got his Maryland offer about 20 hours ago (which until then there was no news on him so what else are we to assume other than what had been publicly stated, that he would be enrolling at BC in January).

9903 youre a gimmick account right ? you cant be this much of a moron in real life. Go work on your sketches of the Alumni Stadium improvements instead of wasting everyones time

That's a sirius boom roasting right there. Check the Oh Snap chart
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

without a single quote from a bc coach or representitive, i'm going to say an "oh snap" is not warranted.

what do you think, kevin hart?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

without a single quote from a bc coach or representitive, i'm going to say an "oh snap" is not warranted.

As you are well aware, a BC coach can't comment on a recruit.

That said, if that was your homage to sirius posting... kudos. Had me fooled like a Xander spoof account.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:40 pm

40 million is correct. BC uses union only contractors on jobs this size thus driving the cost up by 30-40%. Also, it's far more expensive to build in Boston versus North Carolina or upstate NY. If they made it part of the new student rec center versus free standing on Shea the cost will be less due to the under work already being in place.

Recruits do care about the stadium they will be playing in. Perhaps instead of spending a nickel on alumni stadium, BC should play 3 games each year at Gillette. Players seemed to love playing at the home of the Patriots and the feedback from the fans was very positive. Great student turnout as well, especially given the opponent.

Alumni stadium is a very nice stadium, great place to watch a game. It just needs updating, it has been 21 years since the last overhaul. BC will never need a huge stadium, so they might as well have a top quality stadium. Check out Baylor's new stadium. New concourse areas, concessions, club seats, chair seats, escalators to the upper decks, etc. The top level of the Beacon St garage could be enclosed to make a huge indoor club area and provide a great facade for that side of the stadium.
Walk a recruit through that club area with all of the huge flatscreens running highlights of BC's greatest games.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This has been not a good, but a great week of message boardery.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:26 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:40 million is correct. BC uses union only contractors on jobs this size thus driving the cost up by 30-40%. Also, it's far more expensive to build in Boston versus North Carolina or upstate NY. If they made it part of the new student rec center versus free standing on Shea the cost will be less due to the under work already being in place.

Recruits do care about the stadium they will be playing in. Perhaps instead of spending a nickel on alumni stadium, BC should play 3 games each year at Gillette. Players seemed to love playing at the home of the Patriots and the feedback from the fans was very positive. Great student turnout as well, especially given the opponent.

Alumni stadium is a very nice stadium, great place to watch a game. It just needs updating, it has been 21 years since the last overhaul. BC will never need a huge stadium, so they might as well have a top quality stadium. Check out Baylor's new stadium. New concourse areas, concessions, club seats, chair seats, escalators to the upper decks, etc. The top level of the Beacon St garage could be enclosed to make a huge indoor club area and provide a great facade for that side of the stadium.
Walk a recruit through that club area with all of the huge flatscreens running highlights of BC's greatest games.

FWIW, they will be updating the locker rooms (Basketball as well) soon.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:37 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Fucking illiterate. Which halfwit EA poster are you? Lidmike, feydachamp?

First and by far most importantly, I am not eaglekeeper. You may note that 1) my screen name has numbers in it; and 2) does not contain the word "keeper". I don't believe I've ever suggested Alumni Stadium improvements. As you will find now, I'm really more of an asshole than a moron.

Second and less important but also important, you are a fucking illiterate and don't take it out on me. Oseh Lie-Saine, initially had difficulty meeting NCAA eligibility requirements. Although unlike you, he's figured it out to the degree that he will parlay it into a UConn plus level education in UnderArmor apparel management. Due to such eligibility issues, he failed to gain admission with the BC football recruiting class of 2014. It was known and documented that he had an offer until signing day in February of 2014. The course of events thereafter is thoroughly unclear and I challenge you to find the "public statement" that he was enrolling in January 2015. All that you have produced is an article stating that Oseh Lie-Saine thought he was coming to BC in October. The article in no way shape or form indicates that he was "in the [BC's] plan until recently." TR Fucking E who doesn't even like sports spotted the difference between what you think you posted and what you actually posted and Mo'JS has agreed with you, which is the kiss of death to all arguments and means you are unredeemably fucked argumentwise.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:12 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

First and by far most importantly, I am not eaglekeeper. You may note that 1) my screen name has numbers in it; and 2) does not contain the word "keeper". I don't believe I've ever suggested Alumni Stadium improvements. As you will find now, I'm really more of an asshole than a moron.

Second and less important but also important, you are a fucking illiterate and don't take it out on me. Oseh Lie-Saine, initially had difficulty meeting NCAA eligibility requirements. Although unlike you, he's figured it out to the degree that he will parlay it into a UConn plus level education in UnderArmor apparel management. Due to such eligibility issues, he failed to gain admission with the BC football recruiting class of 2014. It was known and documented that he had an offer until signing day in February of 2014. The course of events thereafter is thoroughly unclear and I challenge you to find the "public statement" that he was enrolling in January 2015. All that you have produced is an article stating that Oseh Lie-Saine thought he was coming to BC in October. The article in no way shape or form indicates that he was "in the [BC's] plan until recently." TR Fucking E who doesn't even like sports spotted the difference between what you think you posted and what you actually posted and Mo'JS has agreed with you, which is the kiss of death to all arguments and means you are unredeemably fucked argumentwise.

The article posted above, dated October 28,2014, says, and I quote, "Saine will enroll at the ACC institution this January and will have four years of eligibility remaining."

That was 2 months ago and was a direct interview with the kid in question. That's pretty recent to me for an under recruited kid with no other offers from Rhode Island. You challenge me to find an article ? It's posted above. Don't call me illiterate when you'reclearly the one who can't handle simple reading comprehension.

I guess you must be plugged into the recruiting staff and admission committee and knew he was out of the plans tho. I'm sure that's the case. Nice try Closethecorners9903
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:16 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}: Recruits do care about the stadium they will be playing in. Perhaps instead of spending a nickel on alumni stadium, BC should play 3 games each year at Gillette. Players seemed to love playing at the home of the Patriots and the feedback from the fans was very positive. Great student turnout as well, especially given the opponent.

I mainly desire to avoid stadium arguments like the plague itself, but I just wanted to point out that the first game of the season is ALWAYS going to get good student turnout if it's at home/close enough to bus to because the first weekend of the year is Freshman "welcome weekend" where the students basically have a bunch of activities mapped out for them and everyone including the social outcasts and the nerds go because everyone is trying to make friends and none of them have anything better to do. My point is that I think the good student attendance at Gillette could not be repeated any other weekend of the year, in fact it would be a negative from the nerd perspective as the bus transportation would force them to stay for the entire game which would of course cut into their study time.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:34 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The article posted above, dated October 28,2014, says, and I quote, "Saine will enroll at the ACC institution this January and will have four years of eligibility remaining."

That was 2 months ago and was a direct interview with the kid in question. That's pretty recent to me for an under recruited kid with no other offers from Rhode Island. You challenge me to find an article ? It's posted above. Don't call me illiterate when you'reclearly the one who can't handle simple reading comprehension.

I guess you must be plugged into the recruiting staff and admission committee and knew he was out of the plans tho. I'm sure that's the case. Nice try Closethecorners9903

he signed his letter of intent in february 2014. he did not qualify under the ncaa rules and could not matriculate to campus in august of 2014.

what makes you so sure (other than this kid telling you that he wanted to go to bc) that bc held a spot for him for an additional year after he twice more proved he could not qualify under the ncaa (not bc) minimum requirements?

i think that was siriuz's point... maybe said differently, how do you know for a fact that the coaches/team didn't move on after the dummy proved he couldn't spell his name correctly on his sat form?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:47 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Please read TRE's post above mine slowwwwwwly.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:08 am

it's too bad superfan got his asshattery in so late. this recent "you don't know how to read because of what i am personally inferring from this article" asshattery might be up there with hate eighter eaglekeeper's "seal the corners" asshattery
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 am

Just to stoke the fire...say Boston gets the 2024 bid, does that mean BC does a facilities upgrade with help from the Olympic committee in return for hosting events? That could solve some of the money issues (while not having to worry about opposition from the city either) since they are "supposedly" getting all of the funding from the TV contracts, etc. to build the facilities.
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:he signed his letter of intent in february 2014. he did not qualify under the ncaa rules and could not matriculate to campus in august of 2014.

what makes you so sure (other than this kid telling you that he wanted to go to bc) that bc held a spot for him for an additional year after he twice more proved he could not qualify under the ncaa (not bc) minimum requirements?

i think that was siriuz's point... maybe said differently, how do you know for a fact that the coaches/team didn't move on after the dummy proved he couldn't spell his name correctly on his sat form?

What makes a siriuz post is the endless poking holes at opinions (or in this case articles) without ever offering anything to the contrary. Ever.

In this particular case, 22 has provided an article that shows that at the very least the kid was led to believe that BC was still in the plans. "Throughout this waiting game Saine took comfort in knowing that BC would continue to hold his scholarship through the end of December. “They waited for me to get my score up,” Saine said. “I’ll be there in January getting ready for spring ball.” With no evidence whatsoever to the contrary, siriuz has dismissed the kid, the article and the quotes because assumingly there was no quote from a BC coach (who is forbidden to make such statements). He uses the lack of this never-could-exist evidence at the centerpiece of his dismissal. That is why this is such classic siriuz posting.

I also took much enjoyment in siriuz exploding in a "I'm done with BC because the hired Addazio" manner and calling 22 an illiterate. Which is especially precious as he wrote "Mo'JS has agreed with you," when SB's on post begins with a quote from me saying "Far be it for me to defend the sparse recruiting along the DL. But... isn't Saine the kid who couldn't get himself eligible? I thought I read months ago that he was no longer in our plans?"

This board is much more entertaining when siriuz is here doing nothing but mindlessly disagreeing with shit.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:he signed his letter of intent in february 2014. he did not qualify under the ncaa rules and could not matriculate to campus in august of 2014.

What makes a siriuz post is the endless poking holes at opinions (or in this case articles) without ever offering anything to the contrary. Ever.

In this particular case, 22 has provided an article that shows that at the very least the kid was led to believe that BC was still in the plans. "Throughout this waiting game Saine took comfort in knowing that BC would continue to hold his scholarship through the end of December. “They waited for me to get my score up,” Saine said. “I’ll be there in January getting ready for spring ball.” With no evidence whatsoever to the contrary, siriuz has dismissed the kid, the article and the quotes because assumingly there was no quote from a BC coach (who is forbidden to make such statements). He uses the lack of this never-could-exist evidence at the centerpiece of his dismissal. That is why this is such classic siriuz posting.

I also took much enjoyment in siriuz exploding in a "I'm done with BC because the hired Addazio" manner and calling 22 an illiterate. Which is especially precious as he wrote "Mo'JS has agreed with you," when SB's on post begins with a quote from me saying "Far be it for me to defend the sparse recruiting along the DL. But... isn't Saine the kid who couldn't get himself eligible? I thought I read months ago that he was no longer in our plans?"

This board is much more entertaining when siriuz is here doing nothing but mindlessly disagreeing with shit.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium