2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He corrected the evaluate/evaluating typo, so no, I don't see what's funny about improper conjugation.

I suspect you are referring to the BC/Georgia mix up, which is marginally funny, given the context, in the same way the malapropiate use of of the wrong directional institution was marginally funny.

Your suspicions are correct. The BC/Georgia mix up was a little more than marginally funny given the context but I will let it fade to black and wish you many billable hours
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He corrected the evaluate/evaluating typo, so no, I don't see what's funny about improper conjugation.

I suspect you are referring to the BC/Georgia mix up, which is marginally funny, given the context, in the same way the malapropiate use of of the wrong directional institution was marginally funny.

Your suspicions are correct. The BC/Georgia mix up was a little more than marginally funny given the context but I will let it fade to black and wish you many billable hours

Thanks. I will send you the bill
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:22 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Higgy - did you think the typo you corrected was humorous?

Because when you really think about it - it was humorous on a lot of levels

Notorious, I thought all of TW's typos were hysterical. Probably some of the funnier TW posts I have seen. I am waiting for Pedro to jump in here and 'get TW's back', although Pedro may be too busy with giving TW a reach around.... hence all the typos :pickle

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Teddy - it doesn't hurt to laugh at yourself. I promise
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Teddy - it doesn't hurt to laugh at yourself. I promise

When someone says something funny at my expense, I will laugh at it. Try some new material - I will give you a hint, the old predictions chestnut is fertile ground. I hinted at that earlier but you decided to be boring.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:47 pm

i think its funny when people say your ladyfriend is from eastern mexico even though she's really from cuba

and i also think it's funny when you enter pick'ems because you are so bad at them.

jerk
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i think its funny when people say your ladyfriend is from eastern mexico even though she's really from cuba

and i also think it's funny when you enter pick'ems because you are so bad at them.

jerk

Exactly.

And you are a jerk for taking my line. Jerk.

What's going on now that you folded up shop at the mall? Extension season?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:44 pm

we still have the easter bunny court through the weekend and then it's on to piercings and phone cases until halloween when santa's workshop gets set up
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:we still have the easter bunny court through the weekend and then it's on to piercings and phone cases until halloween when santa's workshop gets set up

Now that tax season is over, do you and the fellas spend more time down at Sharper Image, taking turns in the massage chair?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:we still have the easter bunny court through the weekend and then it's on to piercings and phone cases until halloween when santa's workshop gets set up

You should really try to laugh at yourself a bit more. Jeez.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Now that tax season is over, do you and the fellas spend more time down at Sharper Image, taking turns in the massage chair?

crabtree valley doesn't have a sharper image, they just have a ghetto ass brookstone that's so small they can't fit a massage chair. all we get is the foot massager thing.

those punks from triangle town center mock us all the time for it. assholes... think they're so tough and handsome but they're nothing more than jerks like teddy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
those punks from triangle town center mock us all the time for it. assholes... think they're so tough and handsome but they're nothing more than jerks like teddy

Ahhh. Mall snobs. Here's a thought. Get together with the guys from Spencers and the e cigarette kiosk. They're always up for a good time. I'm sure that together you guys can come up with some sort of hijinks that will end up with those punks from the triangle town center covered with some slimy substance/de-pantsed. You may also want to recruit a few guys from Foot Locker. The referee shirts will distract your intended targets. You're welcome.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm

i need to wait for the staff at those locations to turn over in a week or two. the current staff will rememeber me as a part of the "green shirt mafia"

you'd be surprised how much shit a professional such as myself takes from those slack layabouts
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCHighGuybutRiceOwl on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey People- New member to the forum but long time fan.. Since I follow recruiting down in Houston, John Humphrey, a three-star athlete from Clear Falls High which is south of Houston just committed to Baylor. He had a BC offer. IMO, if Daz really wants to impress us, he needs to get at least one big commit out of either MIA, HOU, or DFW. Then, we will know that BC is truly running with the big boys. Also, I am surprised Gaziano committed so early, as I know he plays lax and thought he would commit after that was over.
BCHighGuybutRiceOwl
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:08 pm

we're used to good news coming out of houston. i'm not really sure what to do with this news from houston that is not good. am i still supposed to be happy with this news coming out of houston?

can someone please help me? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:29 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

crabtree valley doesn't have a sharper image, they just have a ghetto ass brookstone that's so small they can't fit a massage chair. all we get is the foot massager thing.

You work at the dirt mall? Ugh. How do you even live with yourself?

Hey, this reminds me. Teddy should encourage his girlfriend to get a third nipple, then maybe he could win a pick'em sometime.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Hey, this reminds me. Teddy should encourage his girlfriend to get a third nipple, then maybe he could win a pick'em sometime.

Would her nickname be Scaramanga?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

For posterity's sake, I want to note occasions when manny is funny.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 am

It's nice to see teddy, N.O. and higgi gearing up for their heated competition this weekend.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/1 ... ostpopular
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It's nice to see teddy, N.O. and higgi gearing up for their heated competition this weekend.

with tre to provide footage
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It's nice to see teddy, N.O. and higgi gearing up for their heated competition this weekend.

Next time I go to Brooklyn will be the first, Garfunkel. Besides, I've seen you at the satellite competition in Storrs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 am

Of course you did. Who else would provide the footage? HR Block ain't paying for TRE to travel to the Buckland Mall... what with Jackson Hewitt's stranglehold on the Nutmeg State.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am

Just to prove I'm the bigger person and also can laugh at myself. I accept your challenge.

When I finish last in the contest (at least among TW, Hiigi and me), I will admit my longcomings and laugh at my own last place finish.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am

Just to prove I'm the bigger person and also can laugh at myself. I accept your challenge.

When I finish last in the contest (at least among TW, Hiigi and me), I will admit my longcomings and laugh at my own last place finish.

You're late to the laughing at yourself party here. Jerk.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You're late to the laughing at yourself party here. Jerk.

I appreciate the kind thoughts and want to point out that it is never too late to acknowledge a mistake or laugh at yourself :chewbanka :banana :banana :banana :chewbanka :banana :banana :banana :chewbanka :banana :banana :banana
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

For posterity's sake, I want to note occasions when manny is funny.

first of all, i don't work at the dirt mall! this is an actual mall with stores... not just a bunch of booths with savages that don't know how to properly store their comic books.

secondly, the cookie stand is NOT a part of the food court, it is considered an autonomous unit for mid-mall snacking.

lastly, you dumb bastard... it's not a sailboat, it's a schooner
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Someone committed