2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:11.43 is not fast. Wouldn't even get him to states in MA.

Lie. http://massachusettsstatechampionships.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=462&do=news&news_id=265971

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Your telling me that a kid who couldn't run fast enough to even attend states in MA (a generally slow state) is fast enough to run a 4.39 40?

No, I'm calling you a liar.

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Jet smith was probably about a 4.39 and the kid ran a 10.2 100m. You people are ridiculous

Lie. http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-track/spec-rel/041308aaa.html (thank you to whomever already called this lying liar out for this lie, while I was doing work).

DuxEagle26 is a liar.

The irony is that Smith was actually much more impressive in the 200 than the 100. Once he got up to speed, he could flipping fly. Which is why he was not a good football player but was a decent returner. He had track speed but no football quickness. First 40 wasn't his best 40.

If this wasn't so stupid, I'd note that the start of every race contains the first 40, but not every 40 in a race contains the start. Explosive athletes start very well, but don't necessarily finish the 100 well. For example, who would have the best time at 40m in this race:

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 am

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:There IS a correlation between 100 and 40 times. It's just not so strong that it would be useful in using one to predict the other. A shorter sprint such as a 40 is much more about acceleration. A sprint of 100m is going to have more to do with maximum speed. Maybe Borgersen accelerates quickly but his top speed isn't that great. If you put him in a 100m race with Jet Smith he could probably keep up for the first couple of seconds then he'd get smoked from that point on.

Thank you for actually having a brain and considering my reasoning, BUT borgerson's highlight tape doesn't show any electric quickness which is what led me to look into this in the first place.

I was rejecting your reasoning. You were the one who said his 100 time wasn't consistent with his 40 time.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:48 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:There IS a correlation between 100 and 40 times. It's just not so strong that it would be useful in using one to predict the other. A shorter sprint such as a 40 is much more about acceleration. A sprint of 100m is going to have more to do with maximum speed. Maybe Borgersen accelerates quickly but his top speed isn't that great. If you put him in a 100m race with Jet Smith he could probably keep up for the first couple of seconds then he'd get smoked from that point on.

Thank you for actually having a brain and considering my reasoning, BUT borgerson's highlight tape doesn't show any electric quickness which is what led me to look into this in the first place.

I was rejecting your reasoning. You were the one who said his 100 time wasn't consistent with his 40 time.

I was wondering if he was going to realize he was agreeing with someone arguing with him.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Lie. http://massachusettsstatechampionships.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=462&do=news&news_id=265971

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Your telling me that a kid who couldn't run fast enough to even attend states in MA (a generally slow state) is fast enough to run a 4.39 40?

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Jet smith was probably about a 4.39 and the kid ran a 10.2 100m. You people are ridiculous

Lie. http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-track/spec-rel/041308aaa.html (thank you to whomever already called this lying liar out for this lie, while I was doing work).

DuxEagle26 is a liar.

The irony is that Smith was actually much more impressive in the 200 than the 100. Once he got up to speed, he could flipping fly. Which is why he was not a good football player but was a decent returner. He had track speed but no football quickness. First 40 wasn't his best 40.

If this wasn't so stupid, I'd note that the start of every race contains the first 40, but not every 40 in a race contains the start. Explosive athletes start very well, but don't necessarily finish the 100 well. For example, who would have the best time at 40m in this race:

they guy with the spatula legs that killed his girlfriend?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:

I was wondering if he was going to realize he was agreeing with someone arguing with him.

do you guys get jokes?
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 am

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:

do you guys get jokes?

When they happen, yes
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby trackcoach on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 am

Ran against Jet Smith. Kid had one of the worst starts in the state but had the best top end speed. You could be ahead of him for the first 30m of a race and by the time you were at 80m he was at the finish.
Scary to think how good he would have been if he ever got the first 30 meters of a track race down.
trackcoach
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

DuxEagle26 is a liar.

they guy with the spatula legs that killed his girlfriend?

Funny. Just pointing out that the fastest man in history is a long strider that never gets out quickly in the first 40.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:55 am

trackcoach {l Wrote}:

Ran against Jet Smith. Kid had one of the worst starts in the state but had the best top end speed. You could be ahead of him for the first 30m of a race and by the time you were at 80m he was at the finish.
Scary to think how good he would have been if he ever got the first 30 meters of a track race down.

Wait, did I even have to use the socratic method to get to this point?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

trackcoach {l Wrote}:All the recruiting camps and high school football coaches that rely on hand times (or averaging hand times of multiple timers) are just lying to the athletes to give them a better impression of the schools or trying to get more money out of kids for camps and services.

Assuming this is true for the moment... in evaluating Borgersen with regard to other recruits (current or past), the only times that matter are those relating to the multiple camps he attended (as that is the truest apples-to-apples comparison).

I would further like to point out that there is another time drift that is not being accounted for. 40 times are calculated from the moment the player decides to start. 100m race times are based on the time from when the gun goes off. There is an auditory and reaction time involved in the latter that is not involved in the former... when we are talking 0.2 seconds, that is significant (as it drops Duxie's 4.65 (which was based on a fraudulent 11.5) quickly to 4.45).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:32 pm

He's quick, but nothing about his tape screams sub 4.4 speed. That would make him one of the faster players in the NFL.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:35 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:He's quick, but nothing about his tape screams sub 4.4 speed. That would make him one of the faster players in the NFL.

Ha, this was well played if intentional
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Mods,

Please move this discussion to the Track & Field board.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:06 pm

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Running is running, a slow 100 runner will not be a fast 40 runner. Sorry

This is epic levels of stupid. Is a fast 100m runner automatically a fast miler?

okay i'll clarify, SPRINTING IS SPRINTING. 100=sprint, 40=sprint mile=jog
remember sprinting? that thing you use to be able to do before your hip replacement old man.

this is the most fucktarded post of all.

SPRINTING IS SPRINTING? WTF does that even mean.

and, the fastest mile is something like 3:43 something which averages to like a 55s 400m.
If you think under 60s for a 400 is a "jog", you must be a fucking track star.
i don't know many people that can jog four 60s quarters.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Running is running, a slow 100 runner will not be a fast 40 runner. Sorry

This is epic levels of stupid. Is a fast 100m runner automatically a fast miler?

remember sprinting? that thing you use to be able to do before your hip replacement old man.

and, the fastest mile is something like 3:43 something which averages to like a 55s 400m.

somebody that does the 400m in 55s only does the 40 in 5.5 secs, so that's slow because math.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

take that. hansen used to run in circles when he was at bc (in between banging a lot of dudes, one girl, and kicking holes in walls)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health .
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:49 pm

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm genuinely concerned for your ability to post correctly on a blog.
don't you know that messageboardery is sirius bizness?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

:hansen
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:10 pm

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

:hansen

score one for junior
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:17 pm

aside from the :slapfight
BC coaches are visiting Louie Zervos tomorrow. His track and field skills are unclear at the moment but I believe he can kick a football. Make it happen daz
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:56 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's a message board. ATL has the blog. How people still mess this up is beyond me.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Worst discussion in the history of EO?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Worst discussion in the history of EO?

only argument was that there is NO WAY IN HELL that kid runs a 4.39 based on how he looks in his tape. 4.39 is pure lightning, doesn't mean I don't think the kid will be good. I feel it's a fair topic for debate
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 pm

I think most people are shitting on Duxbury because of his methodology in attacking stopwatches.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Worst discussion in the history of EO?

i'd say there are a former poster or two that would hold claim to the top ten worst discussions in the history of eo. based on the volume of those topics and their banality and/or sheer incorrectness, i can assure you that this dicsussion wouldn't be among that top ten

the only exception to this declaration that the worst discussions were held and driven by former posters might be siriuzkeeper when he's having his time of the month every couple of years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:56 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's a message board. ATL has the blog. How people still mess this up is beyond me.

Wrong. This is a messageblog. I learned that during one of the fagaggedons, but I don't remember which one.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:27 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:... I don't remember which one.

do you want to make it with endlessmike? it sure seems like it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:... I don't remember which one.

do you want to make it with endlessmike? it sure seems like it

Nope, I've never cared for The Empire Strikes Bluth.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm just getting caught up on this now, what a remarkable day in asshattery.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium