2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1705255

A new (free) rivals post lists BC as a dark horse and "real contender" for Wilkins.

A-Lister

Sorry to distract from the :slapfight , but this got me thinking about recruiting. Wilkins is ranked 57 nationally. I feel like top 150 recruits for BC are fairly rare, let alone 57. Left me wondering if any of you recruiting weirdos remembers what our highest ranked recruit was?

Stars!!! :pepper2 :pepper2 :pepper2

In more recent times, maybe Toal. But years ago, when ranking was in its relative infancy, I think we pulled in some highly ranked guys off of the Flutie years. One was a QB out of Ohio, whose name escapes me.

Mutryn

Kamphaus

THE HEIGHTS {l Wrote}:The standout in the class of 1998 appears to Scott Mutryn, a 6-3, 200 pound quarterback from Purma Heights, Ohio. Mutryn led his high school St. Ignatius to two straight state titles and a number one ranking in this fall's USA Today national poll. Mutryn was a Blue Chip Illustrated Dream Team All American, a Super Prep All American, and a Parade Magazine All-American. He threw for 4,000 yards, and 42 touchdowns in his career, including a 1758 yard, 22 TD senior year. He chose BC over Penn State, Florida, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Mutryn was a big time QB from Ohio, no doubt. But that was several years after Flutie. Kamphaus was a big QB recruit from Ohio just after Flutie.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A new (free) rivals post lists BC as a dark horse and "real contender" for Wilkins.

A-Lister

Sorry to distract from the :slapfight , but this got me thinking about recruiting. Wilkins is ranked 57 nationally. I feel like top 150 recruits for BC are fairly rare, let alone 57. Left me wondering if any of you recruiting weirdos remembers what our highest ranked recruit was?

In more recent times, maybe Toal. But years ago, when ranking was in its relative infancy, I think we pulled in some highly ranked guys off of the Flutie years. One was a QB out of Ohio, whose name escapes me.

Mutryn

Kamphaus

THE HEIGHTS {l Wrote}:The standout in the class of 1998 appears to Scott Mutryn, a 6-3, 200 pound quarterback from Purma Heights, Ohio. Mutryn led his high school St. Ignatius to two straight state titles and a number one ranking in this fall's USA Today national poll. Mutryn was a Blue Chip Illustrated Dream Team All American, a Super Prep All American, and a Parade Magazine All-American. He threw for 4,000 yards, and 42 touchdowns in his career, including a 1758 yard, 22 TD senior year. He chose BC over Penn State, Florida, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Mutryn was a big time QB from Ohio, no doubt. But that was several years after Flutie. Kamphaus was a big QB recruit from Ohio just after Flutie.

Kamphaus was in the same class with Power, no? Not sure he was the biggest QB recruit in that class.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:18 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Just looked it up on Rivals. They go back to '02 and Toal indeed, at #25 was our highest rated. By the way, no Top 100's since '04.

Our highest rated (Rivals) recruits since were, Jordan McMichael, Josh Haden & Dillon Quinn, each with a 5.9.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Just looked it up on Rivals. They go back to '02 and Toal indeed, at #25 was our highest rated. By the way, no Top 100's since '04.

Our highest rated (Rivals) recruits since were, Jordan McMichael, Josh Haden & Dillon Quinn, each with a 5.9.

I remember Shakim Phillips was in the top 100 at one point but fell out in the final rankings. I don't recall where he ended up.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle216 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:13 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Was at the hockey rink at Trinity-Pawling, which is a boarding school about an hour north of where I live. They have Dillon Quinn listed on some sort of hall of fame wall board. Most prominent athlete there was Mo Vaughn.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

Was at the hockey rink at Trinity-Pawling, which is a boarding school about an hour north of where I live. They have Dillon Quinn listed on some sort of hall of fame wall board. Most prominent athlete there was Mo Vaughn.

I think Kirk McCaskill went there
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:58 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

I remember Shakim Phillips was in the top 100 at one point but fell out in the final rankings. I don't recall where he ended up.

#144.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47 am

WIll Blackmon? Jim Unis? I recall that they were 4* star players.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

5.9?
WTF is that shit. sounds like some ghey figure skating shit that maybe TRE (rhymes with flaming) might be into.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Went searching for Crosson, Hinds, and Shadu Moore and found this interesting:

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2006/01/da ... ke-on.html

Also interesting in a creepy way, found an old Heights article that that mentioned Al Golden, Jerry Sandusky, and, ahem, his exit from PSU to go do such great charity work. Hindsight...

"Golden, considered to be a rising star, is rumored to be under consideration for the linebackers' coaching job at his alma mater. Penn State. The longtime position coach at "Linebacker U," Jerry Sandusky, retired after the 1999 season to work full-time on a charity which he founded."
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:29 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

A-Lister

5.9?
WTF is that shit. sounds like some ghey figure skating shit that maybe TRE (rhymes with flaming) might be into.

Someone's overcompensating.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Pete Kendall
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:19 pm

wait, do we have three kickers that haven't proven that they can actually kick taking three scholarship spots?

edit: two seniors. thank God
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:25 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:wait, do we have three kickers that haven't proven that they can actually kick taking three scholarship spots?

edit: two seniors. thank God

I'm sure 2 shitty kickers will take their place. Really does suck that Nate Freese didn't have 10 years of eligibility.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:39 pm

any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:55 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.

Seems like pretty much Wilkins or Aaron Crawford. Given the couple unexpected medical redshirts (Swigert, H. Williams) and maybe one or two graduate transfers, it doesn't seem like there will be more than another one or two guys tops.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:39 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.

Seems like pretty much Wilkins or Aaron Crawford. Given the couple unexpected medical redshirts (Swigert, H. Williams) and maybe one or two graduate transfers, it doesn't seem like there will be more than another one or two guys tops.

We have plenty of room. I think they will be in the market to poach teams who are having a coaching change. Otherwise, we will be in the market for a 5th year. Beating Cuse for a 7th win is huge for the program in selling got recruits.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

31southst wrote:
25GeraldRd wrote:
any word on who remains a target for next year? Wilkins is probably the biggest target but who else is BC in on? any ideas? hoping Addazio can land another 3-5 guys to fill out this class.

I keep reading we only have something in the low 70s in total scholarship players. by my count we have 27 seniors leaving the program (with Swigert remaining), so i would think we'd have the ability to go over the 23 current commitments.

Qaadir Sheppard is another guy that has been mentioned as a possible BC commit ("Prep senior Qaadir Sheppard is the area's top recruit, with offers from the likes of Boston College and North Carolina and remains undecided." from http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/11/20/stepinac-iona-prep-set-meet-chsfl-aaa-championship-saturday-fordham/70038568/). he'd be a nice addition to either the LB corps or TE.

completely agree we need to end on a high note and whoop the Orange. really hope between now and signing day we can focus our efforts on a guy with legitimate upside and land him. Wilkins would be a coup for the defense.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm

I was at the game and that was the best coaching performance since the SC game. You just get the feeling that this program can be great if they can land a few more top recruits. Wilkins should commit asap, he will not find a better coaching staff and he can start his freshman year. Top recruits should really want to play for Adazzio!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Per the Rivals guy, Wilkins, Shelton-Mosley & Crawford.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby fs33 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

We have plenty of room. I think they will be in the market to poach teams who are having a coaching change. Otherwise, we will be in the market for a 5th year. Beating Cuse for a 7th win is huge for the program in selling got recruits.

There will be the usual attrition as well. It wouldn't shock me if there is an honest conversation with Tyler Rouse after this season about the crowded backfield next season. Joy or Zoungrana seem like candidates to move on, as well as the usual freshman or two.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Kobe Marfo is visiting for they Cuse game. DB from Quantico, VA. Camped at BC this summer and I think he may be related (cousin ?) to Isaac Yiadom. No notable offers as of yet
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

I think the best path for all of us is to freak out, and demand that someone be fired.

I want Vinnie fired for this. From wherever he works right now.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:14 pm

I look forward to BC having a full roster again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:38 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Hey guys. I like attention.

Keep paying attention to me.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

yeah i have a real long track record of posting inaccurate football info
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm

probably a good idea to move this to members only forum it's not fair to anyone
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:44 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I'm saying you are cock teasing right now.

"I hear something. Here is a vague statement."
"Oh my, I didn't realize that this would cause a stink. I'm not going to rumor-monger. But here is another tid bit to tease you with."
"And now that I've told you that I am not going to talk about it anymore, I am going to come back here and tell you how accurate I am on everything. Yup. I am not speaking about this thing at all that I didn't realize would get people's attention."
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I'm saying you are cock teasing right now.

"I hear something. Here is a vague statement."
"Oh my, I didn't realize that this would cause a stink. I'm not going to rumor-monger. But here is another tid bit to tease you with."
"And now that I've told you that I am not going to talk about it anymore, I am going to come back here and tell you how accurate I am on everything. Yup. I am not speaking about this thing at all that I didn't realize would get people's attention."

i really long for attention on anonymous message boards. that's why i have so many posts as compared to the other 6 people who post here.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:probably a good idea to move this to members only forum it's not fair to anyone

this
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium