2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:39 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:
bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:any other possible commits or is this class pretty much done??

I bet we get a few more targets and decomits. Who? I have no idea

Any currents commits from Rutgers that we could steal?

We''ll have to fight PSU for them. I think a kid on an RU visit committed to PSU the day after the game last week.

buddy, who is a PSU grad from LI said that happened.

The recent commit PSU picked up was Daiquan Kelly who was committed to Cuse, teammate of Stephen Gonzalez (PSU OL commit from Union City)

tossed from ped state

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... inebacker/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:20 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:I watched some of Christian Wilkins' bball game in the Hall of Fame tournament over the weekend. Holy hell is that kid athletic. A legitimate 300 pounder who was grabbing rebounds above the rim, beating kids who weigh 100 pounds less than him up the court, and manhandling a 6'10" center guarding him on the low block. He finished with a double-double and was one of the best players on the court, when there were probably 6 to 8 D1 players on the floor at any given time. Aside from being a Day 1 starter, he would have been one of the most dominant intramural bball players in BC history.

he is very very good
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:HJS, you seem to be pretty plugged into the North Jersey scene, what have you heard about this kid from Montclair Josh Allen. Are their academic issues that would keep BC away ? DL is obvi a major position of need and you would think theyre would be some kind of remote interest being that it is the same school as Robinson and Stevens (from last year) as well as the fact that they whiffed on Wilkins (albeit different positions DT vs DE).

He just received offer from Kentucky

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1649889543250010251/montclair-defensive-end-joshua-allen-earns-kentucky-offer-will-take-official-visit-this-weekend/

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Allen-167264

HJS {l Wrote}:I know next to nothing about him. Apparently, he just moved North from Alabama. Daz knows the coaches at Montclair. I believe the coach spoke glowingly about BC when Robinson signed his Scholarship before coming to campus. As such, I'm sure the staff is aware of him. Why haven't we offered? Academics is probably as good a guess as any,

Update: I think he’s pretty good.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:HJS, you seem to be pretty plugged into the North Jersey scene, what have you heard about this kid from Montclair Josh Allen. Are their academic issues that would keep BC away ? DL is obvi a major position of need and you would think theyre would be some kind of remote interest being that it is the same school as Robinson and Stevens (from last year) as well as the fact that they whiffed on Wilkins (albeit different positions DT vs DE).

He just received offer from Kentucky

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1649889543250010251/montclair-defensive-end-joshua-allen-earns-kentucky-offer-will-take-official-visit-this-weekend/

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Allen-167264

HJS {l Wrote}:I know next to nothing about him. Apparently, he just moved North from Alabama. Daz knows the coaches at Montclair. I believe the coach spoke glowingly about BC when Robinson signed his Scholarship before coming to campus. As such, I'm sure the staff is aware of him. Why haven't we offered? Academics is probably as good a guess as any,

Update: I think he’s pretty good.

His high school coach from Montclair was on the radio here in ATL prior to the UK-UGA game. Said he begged Rutgers and BC to offer, but both were lukewarm. Thought he was a bit raw and also without a natural position. Not strong enough to play line and not fast enough for LB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm

In hindsight, it’s crazy how good this recruiting class was and how the shirtless boy weirdos missed on it.
Tons of nfl talent and many more contributors for BC despite being ranked 60th overall class and 14th in the ACCwith an average rating of 0.8343. Daz really did a crazy good job this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

It would be very interesting to see class rankings 5 -6 years later. Where would the recruiting services rank the 2015 class now?

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:In hindsight, it’s crazy how good this recruiting class was and how the shirtless boy weirdos missed on it.
Tons of nfl talent and many more contributors for BC despite being ranked 60th overall class and 14th in the ACCwith an average rating of 0.8343. Daz really did a crazy good job this year.

Lindstrom and Allen were NFL talents. Who else am I missing?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu May 28, 2020 3:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:In hindsight, it’s crazy how good this recruiting class was and how the shirtless boy weirdos missed on it.

Will Harris, Jeff Smith, Michael Walker, Wyatt Ray all made rosters in the pros. Some others got close.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu May 28, 2020 5:30 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Will Harris, Jeff Smith, Michael Walker, Wyatt Ray all made rosters in the pros. Some others got close.

Ray Smith was on the SF practice squad at the end of this past year. He got to celebrate with the team in the locker room when they won the NFC Championship.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 28, 2020 5:55 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Ray Smith was on the SF practice squad at the end of this past year. He got to celebrate with the team in the locker room when they won the NFC Championship.

Monteiro was also on a practice squad. Burt signed with the PATs as an undrafted free agent. Very impressive job of finding diamonds in the rough by Daz (or his staff) with this class.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu May 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Are we really surprised? Mike Farrell is a failed insurance salesman from Connecticut
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Are we really surprised? Mike Farrell is a failed insurance salesman from Connecticut

BOOM.

This post might be too nice.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Are we really surprised? Mike Farrell is a failed insurance salesman from Connecticut

BOOM.

This post might be too nice.

Insert photo of Mike playing pocketpool.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium