2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:39 am

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:
QuailMan wrote:
bcbasketball20 wrote:any other possible commits or is this class pretty much done??

I bet we get a few more targets and decomits. Who? I have no idea

Any currents commits from Rutgers that we could steal?

We''ll have to fight PSU for them. I think a kid on an RU visit committed to PSU the day after the game last week.

buddy, who is a PSU grad from LI said that happened.

The recent commit PSU picked up was Daiquan Kelly who was committed to Cuse, teammate of Stephen Gonzalez (PSU OL commit from Union City)

tossed from ped state

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... inebacker/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:20 pm

fs33 wrote:I watched some of Christian Wilkins' bball game in the Hall of Fame tournament over the weekend. Holy hell is that kid athletic. A legitimate 300 pounder who was grabbing rebounds above the rim, beating kids who weigh 100 pounds less than him up the court, and manhandling a 6'10" center guarding him on the low block. He finished with a double-double and was one of the best players on the court, when there were probably 6 to 8 D1 players on the floor at any given time. Aside from being a Day 1 starter, he would have been one of the most dominant intramural bball players in BC history.

he is very very good
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:HJS, you seem to be pretty plugged into the North Jersey scene, what have you heard about this kid from Montclair Josh Allen. Are their academic issues that would keep BC away ? DL is obvi a major position of need and you would think theyre would be some kind of remote interest being that it is the same school as Robinson and Stevens (from last year) as well as the fact that they whiffed on Wilkins (albeit different positions DT vs DE).

He just received offer from Kentucky

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1649889543250010251/montclair-defensive-end-joshua-allen-earns-kentucky-offer-will-take-official-visit-this-weekend/

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Allen-167264

HJS wrote:I know next to nothing about him. Apparently, he just moved North from Alabama. Daz knows the coaches at Montclair. I believe the coach spoke glowingly about BC when Robinson signed his Scholarship before coming to campus. As such, I'm sure the staff is aware of him. Why haven't we offered? Academics is probably as good a guess as any,

Update: I think he’s pretty good.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 pm

HJS wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:HJS, you seem to be pretty plugged into the North Jersey scene, what have you heard about this kid from Montclair Josh Allen. Are their academic issues that would keep BC away ? DL is obvi a major position of need and you would think theyre would be some kind of remote interest being that it is the same school as Robinson and Stevens (from last year) as well as the fact that they whiffed on Wilkins (albeit different positions DT vs DE).

He just received offer from Kentucky

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1649889543250010251/montclair-defensive-end-joshua-allen-earns-kentucky-offer-will-take-official-visit-this-weekend/

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Allen-167264

HJS wrote:I know next to nothing about him. Apparently, he just moved North from Alabama. Daz knows the coaches at Montclair. I believe the coach spoke glowingly about BC when Robinson signed his Scholarship before coming to campus. As such, I'm sure the staff is aware of him. Why haven't we offered? Academics is probably as good a guess as any,

Update: I think he’s pretty good.

His high school coach from Montclair was on the radio here in ATL prior to the UK-UGA game. Said he begged Rutgers and BC to offer, but both were lukewarm. Thought he was a bit raw and also without a natural position. Not strong enough to play line and not fast enough for LB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium